The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally hope they're making the sign less.. noticeable. As great as it was, ithe neon red/blue text just didn't look great next to the Hogsmeade arch (but that's mostly me being picky).

Great photos, by the way! Looks like they're making a backstage portal between Springfield and Hogsmeade. It also seems like Android's doesn't have a roof because the side of it that we see in that first photo is essentially just a wrap-around wall, which could mean another potential restroom location or another team member entry.

By the time Springfield is officially open, we may just see walls pushed back to stand just in front of the Hogsmeade arch.

Last edited by a moderator:
People seem to feel like its a for sure thing but there has been no official mention of it nor construction for that matter.

People seem to feel like its a for sure thing but there has been no official mention of it nor construction for that matter.
There is a plot of land snuggled between Forbidden Journey, Shrek 4D, and Waterworld. Pretty obvious that's where it will go. There is no vertical construction yet since that area is where they are placing the materials for the rest of Hogsmead.

Reactions: William
It's coming. We confirmed it in early 2014 if not late 2013.
Yup, Westcoaster at one point confirmed the footers were going in for Hippogriff on an update.  Waterworld and Shrek are blocking the view, so you probably just can't see the construction

Since Alan Gilmore hinted in an interview that "each Wizarding World will have its own bit of magic," Florida's being the Dragon Challenge and Japan's being the Black Lake, are you guys still curious about what Hollywood's will get?  I remember hearing tons of speculation that the Hogwarts Great Hall was going to be a possible dining option, but maybe Hogsmeade will have a big new shop that's not at the other ones?  Maybe there will be another small attraction, maybe simply more theming like Hollywood's Springfield?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also prefabricated metal forms ready to be attached to the Great Hall. Think similar to the material behind the tarps in this old picture taken by the team for Despicable Me:

9240139096_86784cab2e_k.jpg

Reactions: Imdbman
Wow - The place is gonna look stunning once it's done. On regards to the Great Dining Hall, any idea where it might be located? One of those things that leaves me baffled. 

Well done, you basically 100% confirmed Hippogriff for us :)

There are also prefabricated metal forms ready to be attached to the Great Hall. Think similar to the material behind the tarps in this old picture taken by the team for Despicable Me:

9240139096_86784cab2e_k.jpg
Interesting...this still looks like part of Hogsmeade to me, how do you know it will be part of the Great Hall!?  But that does confirm the "magic touch" for our Wizarding World :)