The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thinking there will be a wall in the center and other two entry-tunnels at the arch where it says Ministry of magic rules. Kinda like what happened in Orlando..

Imagine they intergrated some of the wand interactivity that Orlando has. It most likely won't be added when it opens, but maybe months or even years after it opens because it probably will be too crowded to even move your hand around to the sensors.

I think we can expect walls to be limited to just in front of or behind the arch, especially based on the way they're completing Hogsmeade. They've essentially finished the front perimeter of the village (the side facing Shrek and the main archway). Also, as mentioned earlier, they've already installed lamps on the entrance arch.

It'll be nice to have a seemingly complete Hogsmeade sitting in the Upper Lot throughout the next year or so as guests flock to Springfield and the Studio Tour.

Reactions: JaySalahi and Aaron
Scaffolding going up around staircase tower.  Add steel and rock 'skin' and it's a castle tower!

Hogwarts_030615_1.jpg

I anticipate there will be more trees to obscure this view of the rear of Springfield.  Do you agree?  Or is there something else that would work?

Hogsmeade_030615_1.jpg

Looks like the brick walls for queue theming are done.  Do you think the greenhouse structure will come soon?

Hogwarts_030615_2.jpg

Scaffolding is coming down on rear of Three Broomsticks.  Many of the buildings behind Springfield have finished looking snow and scaffolding is disappearing. 

Hogsmeade_030615_2.jpg
Hogsmeade_030615_3.jpg

What do you think the chances are that Hogsmeade will be accessible from this gap between Springfield and Studio Tour area?  If the area was intended to be part of either Springfield or studio tour entry then it would be done.  Even the pavement is unfinished in this area.  All this leads me to believe this will be a Hogsmeade pathway. 

Hogsmeade_030715_3.png

Also, there's that pathway (no photo) next to bathrooms near WaterWorld that used to lead to Gibson.  Do you anticipate that will be used to access Hippogriff area?

Reactions: Imdbman
What do you think the chances are that Hogsmeade will be accessible from this gap between Springfield and Studio Tour area?  If the area was intended to be part of either Springfield or studio tour entry then it would be done.  Even the pavement is unfinished in this area.  All this leads me to believe this will be a Hogsmeade pathway.
Possibly. This is going to end up being patio seating for The Three Broomsticks, so I'm not sure if it'd be wise to allow guests to enter Hogsmeade through the back of one of the venues. This area also looks sort of crammed, so I don't see how they can properly manage crowds flowing to/from the Studio Tour, to/from Springfield, and to/from Hogsmeade.

Reactions: JaySalahi
I don't see it happening at all. Having guests enter/sneak in through Three Broomsticks patio or a "side arch" would be a mistake. Especially since we will most likely have a similar return time system as in Japan, it wouldn't be wise to have two entrances, and have two cast members checking in two different areas if people have return times.

At least in the first couple years that is....I could see them MAYBE having a secondary EXIT only, but you would still need someone stationed to make sure no one sneaks in.

We'll see, but I don't think it'd be a wise idea.

^ Really hilarious thought though! I'd personally love to see more creatures in the Wizarding World. I know a lot are represented in the ride, but it'd be cool to see them in person, almost like the old Triceratops Encounter. Have a Care of Magical Creatures experience next to Flight of the Hippogriff, where Hagrid's assistant professor shows us and helps us meet and interact with various creatures, where some funny mishap happens.

One of Rowling's prerequisites for the Wizarding Worlds involved specific Potter characters not being represented by actors in the theme parks. She only wanted certain people embodying her beloved characters (those certain people being the stars of the Potter franchise), which is why she handpicked many of the actors for the films. Rubeus Hagrid, specifically, was the first star casted for the Potter franchise (and was also handpicked by Rowling herself). I digress. 

My point is, having some "tall guy in a fat suit" wouldn't meet the standards set by the rest of the Wizarding World. There's a reason why the only characters found in Hogsmeade are atmospheric/unnamed individuals, such as the Hogwarts Express conductor and the miscellaneous Beauxbatons/Durmstrang/Hogwarts students.

Because this is part of the Hogsmeade wall I'm putting it in this forum.  But it could be Shrek related since it's outside Hogsmeade.  While exiting Shrek today I reached up and took some photos of the new queue area.  I didn't know what I got until I got home and zoomed in.  The sloped roof and stone wall under it look Hogsmeade themed but the brown wood fence looks more Shrek-ish to me.  Nice balance for this area, actually.  Do you think anything interesting will be here or is it just a way to cover the doors that, I think, lead to the locker area of the Hogwarts Express station and therefore must be employee only?  Or perhaps a snack kiosk along the Shrek queue?  Hopefully this area will all be done same as Springfield and then we'll know. 

Hogsmeade_030815_1.png

Hogsmeade_030815_2.png

Yeah, exactly. I'm glad that it was one of Rowling's requests for Potter in the Parks. While Universal can hire pretty amazing walk around characters, I don't wanna see that with Potter. That, and the actual characters are seen in Forbidden Journey in the queue and in the ride "in person", and portrayed correctly, so it would be odd to see a look alike right after the ride.

That's why with my idea for a Care of Magical Creatures experience, it would be with Hagrid's assistant, and the focus would be on the creatures.

EDIT: Maybe that shack will feature a fastpass/time return ticket machine, and it's featured there to be hidden from the elements?

I think the wooden fence is supposed to fit thematically with Shrek, but still looks like something you'd find in Hogsmeade. My guess would be some sort of backstage area, possibly where the Hogwarts Express conductor can enter and exit the village (get into costume).