The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would that be the queasy feeling that you get when you step off the ride?  :p

(actually no joke I'm still really nervous to do Forbidden Journey when I go to UOR in September. When the online ride-thrus make me feel nauseous, that's a cause for concern.) 

Reactions: William
Owlery tower is going up.  Interesting shape of steel given that the end result will be so different.  I included one of my Orlando pics for reference.

Hogsmeade_031315_1.jpg
Hogsmeade_031315_2.jpg

Hogsmeade_Orlando_1.jpg

New lampposts up outside Hogsmeade arch.  Tall posts also up.  Not certain what those are for, yet.

Hogsmeade_031315_3.jpg
Hogsmeade_031315_4.jpg

Those tall posts could possibly be the border between Springfield and Hogsmeade, or possibly where the Welcome to Springfield sign will be placed. Not exactly sure what they could be... hmm...

Reactions: Aaron
The Springfield sign will be placed next to Androids. The framing and lights are already placed. They seem to only be placed inbetween the fir trees so they could possibly be lighting rigs?

Maybe banners will hang from the posts?  The lamps would be in a good position to illuminate something hanging from those posts.  Plus, anything there will have the effect of blocking Springfield's bright lights and colors from Hogsmeade which I'm certain is a major consideration. 

Reactions: Aaron
Maybe banners will hang from the posts?  The lamps would be in a good position to illuminate something hanging from those posts.  Plus, anything there will have the effect of blocking Springfield's bright lights and colors from Hogsmeade which I'm certain is a major consideration.
I didn't even think of that! I know Japan has lighting rigs directly across from their Hogsmead arch but they don't have those lamposts so close to the arch like we do. Banners would be pretty cool especially with Androids so close. They can put fake convention banners or something to that degree. It's going to be interesting to see what those are used for

Reactions: 12th Man
Those lamps are definitely themed to Hogsmeade, but I really have no idea what those taller posts behind them are for. I'd imagine whatever hangs (?) from them won't be too obtrusive, considering the trees are supposed to divide Springfield and Hogsmeade.

Reactions: 12th Man
^ Correct, and the work you see in that photo is its expansion.

I hope those spotlights aren't too obvious next to the Hogsmeade arch. Would've been nice if they could somehow set them up atop the Production Central shop instead.

CAFmAHIVEAAn2Pm.jpg

They are doing more work on Hippogriff. Also the brick at the bottom of the picture could be Hagrid's Hut , but it seems to close to the Shrek 4D queue.

Owlery tower is going up. Interesting shape of steel given that the end result will be so different. I included one of my Orlando pics for reference.

Hogsmeade_031315_1.jpg
Hogsmeade_031315_2.jpg

Hogsmeade_Orlando_1.jpg

New lampposts up outside Hogsmeade arch. Tall posts also up. Not certain what those are for, yet.

Hogsmeade_031315_3.jpg
Hogsmeade_031315_4.jpg
I really want to know what is going to go on the posts. I hope they are themed to match Harry Potter and Springfield. Also I saw that there are around 5 of the posts and it would be weird to have 5 posts that all have lighting equipment or something big on it. Also, this might be a little off topic but the trees that are on the side facing Springfield are in a bench planter, like in the new studio tour plaza. Picture from b4ben666's Twitter page.
B_TTcHNU8AIWmxw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: