The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's going to be complete chaos for at least an entire year. It's really gonna catch the poor team members off guard. Park felt like a sardine can yesterday. Just imagine thousands upon thousands more people for F&F, Potter, etc. Tourists, Potter fans, AP holders, and just the general guest, and it will be madness. But I'm excited either way :)

Miss Betty do you think we might see more attractions after potter opens ?
I think it's possible, but then we're looking at where. I really think the Lower lot has room for a teardown and rebuild where the bathrooms and panda express are, but there's not much room for rides down there anymore unless they dig into the ground or expand, which would re route the current tour route.

I think there's room. Universal is really becoming savvy with how to best utilize the available space they have for expansion. There's future plans with the Expansion/Vision Plan. They can replace SES + Animal Actors with a new attraction, they can utilize Shrek's space differently eventually, Stage 28 is new theme park land that's available for expansion, and I definitely believe that they'll want to annex a few of the surrounding soundstages next to Jurassic Park close to Stage 28's grave. They'll have to alter the tram route a tad, and change the lower lot layout just a bit to make it work, but it's all things they've done in the past and is 100% doable.

I really hope they can properly "transform" the park before Potter opens. These Spring Break crowds are nasty, and that's even before the official opening of Springfield, F&F, and the Nighttime Studio Tour.

Like I keep saying (and I believe Seth Kubersky alluded to on the IU podcast), the first month at least is going to be swamped with Potter diehards who will go to the park and do nothing but wait for Potter. Now, he put a more positive spin on it and said that it would make complaints for the wait to get in low at first, which is true. However they will also lead to a massive overcrowding issue that even with Springfield, I'm not sure USH can really handle. They need a place to store people, and they need to think of it fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our park will be reaching maximum occupancy on a regular basis soon enough. The current Wizarding Worlds were placed in parks that were already of profuse space, and even then, they got major blows from crowds. I can't even imagine what our park can take, being that it's half the size of the aforementioned parks (and therefore contains less than half the amount of attractions).

If only you could spend half the entrance fee just to go to the lower lot.

I only care about JP at this point and I don't want to surf through crowds to get down there.

Maybe offering Express Trams to Kong and/or Supercharged in addition to the regular tour will help with capacity somehow and artificially increase ride count? Or will that only back trams up and make everyone just want to take the express trams and skip out on the tour?

If Kong, Earthquake, and Supercharged were stand alone separate attractions, I think we'd see less of an issue.

Either way, it's 100% gonna be an issue. Orlando luckily had the space and was able to fast track Transformers before Diagon Alley opened, which I think helped. We don't have that luxury. I think we need at least two more large E-tickets to help spread out the crowds.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Having express trams in my opinion wouldn't really help. the result would be like the 10 freeway eastbound at 6:00.

I'm guessing that sometime this year the soundstages left of 28 will be taken down for more park space. Then we can get another E-ticket attraction before or after potter opens.

Maybe offering Express Trams to Kong and/or Supercharged in addition to the regular tour will help with capacity somehow and artificially increase ride count? Or will that only back trams up and make everyone just want to take the express trams and skip out on the tour?

If Kong, Earthquake, and Supercharged were stand alone separate attractions, I think we'd see less of an issue.

Either way, it's 100% gonna be an issue. Orlando luckily had the space and was able to fast track Transformers before Diagon Alley opened, which I think helped. We don't have that luxury. I think we need at least two more large E-tickets to help spread out the crowds.
. I agree with you allen , I think two E-Tickets could difinitely help , But where exactly can they built them ?

At this point, any new rides will be coming after Potter. Now that walls are down around Shrek and Springfield, they can put the focus on F&F, the HoH replacement, the new parking structures, and the new hotel(s).

Reactions: Alexshow.
If they really wanted to, they could've fast tracked a new ride in place of HoH in time for Potter's opening, but they obviously have other plans for the land, and it's also kind of a good thing, I wouldn't want to see a half assed random ride fast tracked.

Another thing that's really going to dictate crowd levels is whatever ticketing system they come up with.  We already know there will be no annual or seasonal passes once Potter opens.  I'm assuming the 1-day ticket is going to make a comeback in a big way, possibly 2 and 3-day tickets as well. 

Right now, you can pretty easily do the entire park in a day.  Once Potter opens, that probably won't be the case anymore since you'll no doubt be spending at least half your day in Hogsmead, either waiting in line for Forbidden Journey, waiting in line for Olivanders, or even waiting in line to get into The Three Broomsticks for lunch.

So, depending on pricing, I can see the 2-day ticket being their most popular option. Again, a lot of this depends on pricing. It will be interesting to see what the ticket prices are like once Potter opens. I suspect we'll see a noticeable increase.

They've dug some pretty big holes in the hill next to the greenhouses that leads down to the studio tour. I assume they're about to put in some trees. Not sure what else they could put there.

Reactions: William
There's certainly more they could've done to cover up that area as a whole. The bland, grey, back of the Springfield building can be seen all the way on French Street.
Yeah, I guess good news is you can only really see the Channel 6 News Building out of all Springfield buildings next to it.  I betcha anything they will plant trees between Springfield and the Hogsmeade entrance to differentiate the two.  Not to mention you get a clear view of the Hogsmeade rooftops from the Springfield Sign/ Android's Dungeon.

Reactions: 12th Man
It would have been cool if they built a Great Hall restaurant on the roof of the show building for FJ. Kind of hidden behind the castle facade or something. I have no idea if that's logistically possible but it could have been something different for our version.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts