The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"And how about this as a suitable finale for Universal’s five-year plan: A Diagon Alley expansion of Wizarding World is reportedly envisioned for the Waterworld stunt show arena location, according to a source who has seen the blueprints."

Interesting... That would suggest that the former victoria station complex could shift park's entry further west to allow for a full expansion on the current east entry (Cartooniversal, hollywood grill, guest relations, etc)

The plot of land they would gain from removing WaterWorld would only be less than half the size of space needed for Diagon Alley. DA coming to USH isn't out of the question but Waterworld won't be the location for it. 

Reactions: Chris
Diagon Alley is heading to the lower lot. WaterWorld is simply too small for the entire land. Some people in Lower Lot Design already posted overlays of DA that fit perfectly in the soon-to-be demolished soundstages. 

I don't think they will take Waterworld out though. It is still a great show that has stood the test of time. The script changes in 2014 only made the show better and people still clap after the final pyro. It will stay for a while. 

Diagon would work there... without Gringotts.  :ph34r:
Funnily enough, the Gringotts ride itself was actually near the bottom of what I loved about Diagon Alley (though the building facade and dragon were fantastic). But yeah, they're not gonna bring over the shops without the ride.

Congrats, Jon! Awesome to read!

Diagon Alley is 100% not replacing WaterWorld. It just might show up in a few select places around the property, but it won't be there. I'm personally still in the camp that I hope Universal takes time and money to build something else, but I'm not 100% against it, since I'm a massive Potter fan.

Reactions: 12th Man
There is NO way they can fit the whole Diagon Alley in the Waterworld area, that area may still be too small for a Gringotts ride itself.  The Lower Lot would arguably be more ideal as there are only three rides there, plus a Hogwarts Express would be an ideal replacement for Shrek to transport guests between the Upper and Lower lots.  Plus the Lower Lot seriously needs more exterior theming!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also regarding the LA Times article, I'm curious about these plans that supposedly someone saw. If they were the same plans that I saw and every guest that happened to look in a certain direction near WaterWorld, then they saw the layout for Hogsmeade and not Diagon Alley. The plans were far enough away to not be able to make out exactly what it was, unless you used a zoom lens.  :D

Reactions: Aaron and William
I think Diagon Alley could fit.

Daigon%20fit.png

Reactions: Stylowtrix
There is NO way they can fit the whole Diagon Alley in the Waterworld area, that area may still be too small for a Gringotts ride itself. 
No, surprisingly the WaterWorld location is actually just the right size to fit the Gringotts showbuilding and stuff have access roads and backstage facilities. 

icjriu.jpg

I'm not saying this would happen because I too think Lower Lot would be the way to go, but if they did put it in the upper lot the removal of shrek would need to be done to accommodate a new totally reworked diagon alley.

I come up with a plan that saves Shrek. TheTFReview wants to destroy it. Why would you want to destroy the best attraction in the park? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not saying this would happen because I too think Lower Lot would be the way to go, but if they did put it in the upper lot the removal of shrek would need to be done to accommodate a new totally reworked diagon alley.
It would also require the removal of Flight of the Hippogriff and some backstage space for Hogsmeade, at least as depicted in your mock-up.

Reactions: Aaron
https://www.flickr.com/photos/132057672@N04/shares/ZG9c03

Here's my mock-up.. sorry, i don't have the hang of uploading pics to the forum.

May seem far-fetched, but remember that Universal may likely shift their park entrance in order to expand. So be mindful if you happen to hear of Saddle Ranch's lease not renewing in the coming months. With Comcast running on all 8 cyclinders with their evolution plan implementation, I wouldn't be surprised to see drastic changes to the entry down the road.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/132057672@N04/shares/ZG9c03

Here's my mock-up.. sorry, i don't have the hang of uploading pics to the forum.

May seem far-fetched, but remember that Universal may likely shift their park entrance in order to expand. So be mindful if you happen to hear of Saddle Ranch's lease not renewing in the coming months. With Comcast running on all 8 cyclinders with their evolution plan implementation, I wouldn't be surprised to see drastic changes to the entry down the road.
And of course, this particular plan would save Shrek. So you Shrek-heads can breath easy.. for now :)

Considering the ongoing construction at the former Victoria Station location you can get a good idea of how that building will be positioned. Unless they plan to demolish this new building in the next few years, that entrance pathway isn't moving. 

Reactions: William
Considering the ongoing construction at the former Victoria Station location you can get a good idea of how that building will be positioned. Unless they plan to demolish this new building in the next few years, that entrance pathway isn't moving. 
True. My guess would be that Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley could be configured to absorb Shrek's footprint along with the shops on the east side rather than extend westward.