The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That was one thing that really impressed me about Florida. When they opened Diagon Alley, they could have raised admission through the roof. But they didn't. They continue to be a better value than Disney. I know California is a different market, but I was kinda hoping they'd continue that philosophy out here.

I reaaaaally doubt it's gonna be that price.

Again, I don't think the issue USH has is with the regular ticket prices. The biggest issue has been the over saturation of AP holders with Buy a Day Get A Year Free tickets. Once Potter opens and a good majority of the Season Passes expire and they set up the new program, I think they'll be able to handle it. Yeah, it'll be absolutely nuts, but I think it'll be manageable if they make the AP prices crazy, which they plan to do.

Reactions: Freak
Lots of work happening in Hogsmead and Hogwarts. Looks like it could open tomorrow ;)  
22090933694_b2f128dd64_k.jpg
22724876311_c7fd66fc7c_k.jpg
22700128602_43b748a029_k.jpg
22525763720_a78c3ffcf7_k.jpg
If you look closely, they already have lanterns hung up the green house.

22090950834_8100a6d1e6_k.jpg

There is also working lanterns in the new alley that we will be getting in our Hogsmead.
22525772750_8048ddecfa_k.jpg
22724890381_a302b81086_k.jpg
They were also doing work on something near the Shrek extended queue. Looks like Hagrid's hut to me.

22090950684_6b7d3c1a46_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic I took sunday on my way down to the lower lot at HHN... Nothing exciting...

wUfStzv.jpg

However... I do have to say that the Hogsmeade shop windows are looking good. Also, the Weasley's flying car is located within the forested outdoor queue of FJ. It is at an angle displayed amongst rocks/trees. Guests should be able to see it from outside of the queue area.

The day USH goes astronomically higher than Disney's single-day price is the day I state I'll never drink Butterbeer again. $130 is absolutely inane and pure hogwash.

Expect it to match Disney, I'd say.

That's a shame. I guess we'll just have to try our best to ignore it. It should be easy since Hogsmeade is well...Hogsmeade. 

We'll just have to hope in time Shrek will be demolished or replaced with something better that is on the level of the Wizarding World. 

Reactions: 12th Man
I think 1-Day tickets to Universal will be dynamically priced.   The past few months they have been slowly replacing the ticket booth price boards with LCD screens. To me that is an indication of dynamic pricing is in the works.

I think a Regular 1-Day ticket to Universal will range anywhere from $105 to $170.  

And before people say that no one will pay $170 for a single day, all you have to do is look at the price for a "good" single seat at sporting events and concerts.

I don't think the question is, "Will anyone pay $170.00 for a day at USH?". The rich are always with us. I think the question is, "Will enough people pay $170.00 for a day at USH?". It's true that the Superdome will hold over 70,000 people, but they don't have to fill the Superdome everyday of the year.

Reactions: Ryan and Aaron
^The problem is, Universal is not the same value as Disney. The rich will see that. Almost DOUBLE the price of Disney for five rides, half of which are just motion simulators? I get the park is small and they need to control crowds, but that is INSANE greed and people will see it.

Reactions: Ryan