The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't have any insider knowledge regarding this subject, but you have to ask yourself, why would they be installing these ticket booths during Grinchmas of all times?
Probably because it's easier when construction walls are already up and guests are restricted from entering. One flick of the wrist versus two.

One flick of the wrist versus two.
It's leviOOOsa, Jon! Not leviosAAA! ;)

hermione-wand-gif.gif

But yeah, obviously they're installing it now because we're nearing competition, be it next month or in a few months. But it had to be installed anyway and what better time than when the area is boarded up anyway for Grinchmas!

These machines are gonna see a LOT of use...

Sorry, I'm not really familiar what these booths mean in regards to completion? I'm not really familiar with the other WWoHPs.

Sorry, I'm not really familiar what these booths mean in regards to completion? I'm not really familiar with the other WWoHPs.
Due to the popularity of the lands in Florida and Japan, both have self-service return time ticketing booths located elsewhere in the park that allow guests to retrieve a return time to come back and visit Hogsmeade later in the day (similar to the way FastPasses work at Disneyland). These machines aren't always needed on a daily basis, but are necessary on days where Hogsmeade is severely overcrowded and they want to distribute guests around the park more evenly.

Reactions: Zxylruc
Oh I see! Thanks for the explanation, the comparison to Fastpass made it simple for me to understand. It's basically a fastpass but for an entire land instead of a ride.

Reactions: William
I cropped this pic of the Hippogriff train  to be "facebook cover" size, tested to see how this would look & it works... So I thought some of you might want to use this pic of Hippogriff as your facebook cover photo... If you'd like the original that includes more sky, let me know. Enjoy!

ba6ohJx.jpg

Here is a close up of the new Proclamation sign. Took this Friday night when I stopped by the park.

toZkOez.jpg

Reactions: Stylowtrix
You know... it would probably be A LOT easier for everyone if they listed what days the APs are NOT blocked. It'd certainly be a shorter list <_<

That is definitely not a bad price at all, just sucks about the amount of days blocked.

How crowded would you expect the land to be during the last week of May/first week of June? Do you think it will be packed since it's summer? My school is going on a trip at the end of the year and Universal is one of the parks they're considering.

How crowded would you expect the land to be during the last week of May/first week of June? Do you think it will be packed since it's summer? My school is going on a trip at the end of the year and Universal is one of the parks they're considering.
Most definitely, especially since it's all but confirmed that Potter will be open at that time.

Could December 8th be a possible soft opening date or is that too soon?  Like Universal did with Diagon Alley in Florida when they announced the grand opening date on the soft opening date!?

Could December 8th be a possible soft opening date or is that too soon?
Apparently not. The rumored Grinchmas softs seemed to have been nixed... however, January is a good time to start camping outside Hogsmeade I'd say.

Currently putting out a completely speculative prediction of March 30th, with softs starting in mid-January. That actually might be conservative, we'll see...

Reactions: Imdbman