The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm guessing softs will be somewhere between MLK weekend and Presidents Day weekend. As always, wait for the employee preview day to be announced first.

Is it just me in thinking that we may not even see employee previews? I want to know if Orlando didn't do a Employee Preview (which I would think they didn't) for both Hogsmeade and Diagon when they were opening.

Is it just me in thinking that we may not even see employee previews? I want to know if Orlando didn't do a Employee Preview (which I would think they didn't) for both Hogsmeade and Diagon when they were opening.
I know Diagon didn't but that had so many insane delays. This is a proven product, so a EPN is all but guaranteed.

Some more images from yesterday.

22939280294_700e6afab0_b.jpg

22940433313_9ef1b86828_b.jpg

23567520505_6cb6727732_b.jpg

23485084641_1cd07de749_b.jpg

23485099131_c5ba03bf7d_b.jpg

Are they not going to add a rust color to the rest of the greenhouse panels? It looks weird having only some of them done.

There is a rumor going around that Team Members will not be allowed to bring a guest to the preview.

Also, anyone who's doubting or questioning Potter's success here in California really shouldn't. If Supercharged can shut the park down, Potter will NOT be an issue. Let's also not forget the crowds that came out for Transformers and helped USH's attendance see a 30% increase.

I love that all 3 of us have a picture of these guys working on something related to the Hogsmeade sign. :lol:  I wonder how long they were working on this particular spot under the arch because it'd be kinda hilarious if we were within the vicinity around the same time & didn't know it.

M5fzZaq.jpg

I've got a few pics of Hogwarts, but I still need to go through them & will post them later.

Haha, yeah. I took the photo around 11. You? There were also some guys working on a lamppost to the right of the arch around 4:45. Also, a manager had the little door into Hogsmead partially open. I tried to look in, but didn't want to be rude. I really should have asked him to peek in. :(

Reactions: Wesker69
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA  -DEAD-

I just looked at the time of when my pic was taken... "11:24".... so 6 minutes before I hurried over to catch the Martha May Who-Dolls show in the Universal Plaza. :lol:

Reactions: 12th Man
Wow, just checked on my phone and said I took the photo at exactly 11:19. Lol, that's awesome. Too bad I was heading over to the Simpsons.

Reactions: Wesker69
There is a rumor going around that Team Members will not be allowed to bring a guest to the preview.

Also, anyone who's doubting or questioning Potter's success here in California really shouldn't. If Supercharged can shut the park down, Potter will NOT be an issue. Let's also not forget the crowds that came out for Transformers and helped USH's attendance see a 30% increase.
Supercharged, from what I understand the attraction closed the parking down because Universal did not plan properly and allowed employees to park in Frankenstein. Once parking was shut down, they told employees to relocate.

Regarding Transformers - attendance increased by 15% in 2012.

http://insideuniversal.net/2015/06/universal-studios-park-attendance-rises-in-2014/

I have heard the talk that EPN will require a new procedure for the guest the employees bring with them that will require signatures.  This will eliminate the possibility of employees handing the second ticket to someone they do not know.  I have also heard this will continue forward with other employee events.

Although I do believe Potter has weened a bit since the final films were released, just remember that our WWoHP is designed for a major metropolitan city and all the west-coasters who cannot easily get to the east coast.  Our WWoHP will easily be slammed for a year.  Plus, inspiration will return when the spin off films are released next year.  Potter is not dead...yet.

I'm expecting daily park closures for the first couple of weekends.  Universal knows this and is preparing for guest surges into the park.

Anyone know what Comcast Media 360 is?  I'm putting this here because I assume it's leading up to the big announcement coming soon with I'm assuming will be the opening date of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. 

Hogsmeade_120615_1.jpg

These haphazard steps (my private entrance to Hogsmeade, I wish) are getting used for temporary cabling.  Part of the big announcement, I assume. 

Hogsmeade_120615_2.jpg

The lighting effect being used on Hogsmeade last night gave me a "Disney" vibe... and yea, Orlando never got this type of lighting as far as I can remember. I finally uploaded those pics to FB, so I'll see if any of my friends back in FL (especially Universal TM's) remembers seeing anything similar.

JPLA... "Comcast Media 360" is obviously the newest 3D attraction opening at USH replacing the Globe Theatre :ph34r: