The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't forget also a lot of the lower tier annual passes are currently blocked.  Mine is.  But even then, I am surprised that there are such low wait times for a brand new land.  I wonder if the prices might be a little bit high.

Also on the subject of pricing, I was tempted to buy a wand and cloak and some other items when I went for my first visit 2 weeks ago with my annual pass (Costco), but since my pass does not give me any discounts I ended up buying nothing.  I find I spend a LOT of money at Disneyland, just because that AP discount makes it "feel" like I am getting a good deal.  I know when I had my 2012 Universal Annual Pass from Costco I got discounts, so I was disappointed that this new one doesn't include any.  Even when I was leaving the park I opted to get coffee from Starbucks in City Walk instead of in the park, since at least I get a discount at City Walk.  Oh well - their loss ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g
Was there today for about 3 hours.  Area was crowded, but never to the point of needed timed entry.  Line for FJ and FOTH averaged about 15 minutes, but for a while there was a line out the door for Three Broomsticks, and Olivander's hovered around 30 minutes the entire time.  There was a queue set up for Honeyduke's, but it wasn't being used at the time.  It is cool to see more people coming in full attire.

By the way, FOTH now has those storage pouches on board ala Mummy.  Is that new?  I don't seem to recall that before, but maybe it's just me.

They did still seem to have quite a few opening day shirts and pins left over.  They could be seen on the Main Street store, Filch's, and the Citywalk store.  They had about only15 of the prints left, and those are only in Flich's.  I did grab one of them.  :)

Reactions: eivega
Yeah, I just got home, we were there for about 7 1/2 hours today. Our longest wait was for lunch at the Three Broomsticks, and even that wasn't too bad. When we went back to FJ around noon, the sign said 25 minutes, but really we pretty much just walked on. And then when you exit, we were being given the option to go through the side door and get back in line to ride again (you end up in the last mini section in front of the Sorting Hat), so we did that once.

When it's been raining, what do they do with the shows: the Frog Choir and Triwizard Spirit Rally? I've seen a couple of pics where the Spirit Rally students look like they come out for a meet-and-greet. And does the Frog Choir do the same? Has anyone been there the past few days to confirm this? I assume the wet conditions cause the shows to be cancelled, which is completely understandable. But I wonder if the performers make an appearance anyways to try to make up for it.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
When it's been raining, what do they do with the shows: the Frog Choir and Triwizard Spirit Rally? I've seen a couple of pics where the Spirit Rally students look like they come out for a meet-and-greet. And does the Frog Choir do the same? Has anyone been there the past few days to confirm this? I assume the wet conditions cause the shows to be cancelled, which is completely understandable. But I wonder if the performers make an appearance anyways to try to make up for it.

Great question. In orlando during rain neither show is performed outside, but the frog choir performs in the Forbiddeon Journey queue. 

Reactions: Armadillo4
The prints are only at Filch's?  Is there any way to call them and see if they still have it in stock?  I know they list the number to the Citywalk Studio Store online but is there any way to check inventory at the Wizarding World shops before stopping by?

Update:  I called the Citywalk Studio and they didn't know what I was talking about in reference to the tote bags, coins, etc limited edition merchandise.  They said to call Guest Relations.  When I called them they said they could not confirm what was in stock in stores but he's seen plenty around.  He then said I could always have the store order it for me?  I told him I thought it was limited edition and he wasn't sure.  He also wasn't really aware of the prints.

I just stopped by the park to get some of the merchandise that I overlooked during Thursday's excitement and thought I'd let everyone know what's left, from what I could tell. Filch's still has a handful of the prints, but they didn't seem to be available elsewhere. Filch's also ran out of coins today, and the girl who checked me out wasn't sure if they would get more tomorrow or if that was it. There was a pretty full display of coins at the studio store. Plenty of opening day shirts and mugs at Filch's, the studio store, and even CityWalk (looked like small is probably the hardest size to find, though). 2016 mugs and shirts are equally common, of course. I only found the totes and 2016 pins at the studio store. Again, not sure if what I saw was all that's left entirely, but there were only about 30 pins. The employees definitely seem unsure of how limited everything is, so I'd say it's better to be safe than sorry! I went ahead and stocked up on what was there. 

Thanks for the update!  I'm the same, I overlooked some things in my excitement on Thursday and want to collect the rest asap!  Trying to decide how urgently do I need to return.  So the prints are ONLY at Filch's but everything else might be scattered around?  Which studio store, the one inside the park or at Citywalk, still had the coin and tote?

My husband visited the park today, and he said the prints were both at Flich's and at the studio store inside the park.  He didn't see them anywhere else.  For the record, I didn't see them at the studio store in the park on Saturday, but either I may have missed them, or they put a few extra copies there since.

It didn't rain at all when I was there yesterday, but the Spirit Rally came out for a photo op at one point in the morning. I'd previously asked an employee what times the next shows were, and they came out at the time I was told they would, but only for pictures.

And when I was in Orlando a couple years ago, I ran into the Spirit Rally group in Hogwarts when I was walking through the castle tour line. They were near the DADA classroom, and doing pictures in there. I think that was when it was raining, or shortly after it had been raining, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks for the update!  I'm the same, I overlooked some things in my excitement on Thursday and want to collect the rest asap!  Trying to decide how urgently do I need to return.  So the prints are ONLY at Filch's but everything else might be scattered around?  Which studio store, the one inside the park or at Citywalk, still had the coin and tote?

Coins and totes were at the studio store inside the park! Didn't see them at the Citywalk store when I popped in.

I was at the park right before closing, so it's possible the studio store was just out of prints when I was looking around. Filch's had them for sure, though. 

Good luck!

Great question. In orlando during rain neither show is performed outside, but the frog choir performs in the Forbiddeon Journey queue. 

On opening day (Thursday), later in the day/early evening, the Frog Choir was performing in the FJ queue!  It wasn't raining at that exact moment, but the stage outside was still wet.  So it looks like they are doing the same thing Orlando does.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
So for those who were wondering I was able to use my All Star Premium Pass for Early Entry today.  They didn't question it all.  So either any passes purchased online, even before the EZ Rez system, counts for early entry or they don't have a way to enforce it yet?

Also, I was able to get the print at the inside Studio Store.  They don't have it on the shelves but there is one displayed on the wall.  If you ask a TM they'll go to the back to grab a print for you.  I got number 246.  Not sure if that means only four are left or if they're just scattered around the park.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get in, do my shopping and head out for work before the park regular hours even started.  It seemed pretty empty at 9 but you could see the security lines building up closer to 10.  I wonder how many people actually take advantage of Early Entry?

So for those who were wondering I was able to use my All Star Premium Pass for Early Entry today.  They didn't question it all.  So either any passes purchased online, even before the EZ Rez system, counts for early entry or they don't have a way to enforce it yet?

Also, I was able to get the print at the inside Studio Store.  They don't have it on the shelves but there is one displayed on the wall.  If you ask a TM they'll go to the back to grab a print for you.  I got number 246.  Not sure if that means only four are left or if they're just scattered around the park.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to get in, do my shopping and head out for work before the park regular hours even started.  It seemed pretty empty at 9 but you could see the security lines building up closer to 10.  I wonder how many people actually take advantage of Early Entry?

From what i understand it's 3 day passes and costco passes that cant use early entry 

In regards to the opening day merchandise: the only merchandise that is actually limited is anything that has the actual date (April 7, 2016) on it. Anything with only the year on it will still keep running for a few weeks. There is still plenty of the merchadise available inside the Blvd store, including the prints and coins. Just ask for them and they'll help you out.

I visited the park for a few hours this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised by the light crowds. I mean the weather couldn't be more perfect--mid-70s and sunny--and it's only been 5 days since the grand opening. I know it's a weekday, but only 5 days after the grand opening, I would have expected higher attendance. Not that I'm complaining! FJ was a walk-on at 3:45pm (despite the posted wait time of 20 minutes), so I went on it twice and took my time walking through the queue. Flight of the Hippogriff was also a walk-on. I then bought the Opening Day t-shirt and mug (plenty of stock of both in all stores). Filch's still had several prints for those of you interested in that. I was kind of hoping to spot Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) in the park, since he was doing an Instagram takeover of the Universal Studios IG--but no luck. Thank you to everyone above who posted about the opening day merchandise! That was a big reason I stopped by the park today and I was able to get what I wanted. 

Reactions: 12th Man

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts