The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like Pumpkin Juice/Fizz pairs better when eating a meal at Three Broomsticks, but Butterbeer is best as a treat on its own. I still found Frozen Butterbeer to be totally underwhelming. For me it destroyed a large part of the taste, and lacks that rich first sip that comes with regular. I'm still eager to try Warm Butterbeer in Orlando next month.

For me, it comes down to serving size. I love pumpkin fizz/juice, but I feel like the cups and bottles are way too much for me. I only ever wind up drinking half of it. It's like trying to eat a whole pumkin pie: the first bite/slice is delicious but by the end of it, it becomes a chore to finish.

Also, frozen butterbeer has no flavor to me and the way the topping just kinda sits on the top is unappealing to me. I like getting a cold butterbeer and letting it sit so the foam can rise and then indulging. I'm dieing to try the hot butterbeer, but for the time being, I'll stick with the cold.

I don't know why they won't serve hot butterbeer all year round.  I know they seem to see it as a "winter" drink, but people drink hot coffee at all times of the year, even when it's super hot outside, so why not hot butterbeer.

Anyone know if warm butterbeer is being sold in Hollywood yet? It is in Orlando, I'm not sure if they keep that consistent within the two areas.

I wonder if they're waiting for the weather to turn in a more permanent fashion. There was a day last week that I think it could have been tolerable, but with all of the humidity lately, hot drinks might not be the greatest of ideas.

Reactions: WhyDoYouHateFun?
A few observations of late: 

• The outdoor carts now have shade umbrellas.
  • The faux water effect on the fountain pump (just outside the bathrooms) is back
  • FotH is offering double rides during lighter periods.  According to the TM outside, that typically means M-Th (in the off season) and possibly Sunday mornings.  Though when that happens, they may not be doing single rider.
  • On FJ, the first fog effect during the opening flue scene hasn't been turned on in a while.  And the water effects have been very hit and miss... sometimes very light, but often quite a soaking.

It kills me to say this but Potter's food and drink may be slipping in line with other F&B outlets have at USH in the past.

My Butterbeer was poorly mixed and practically undrinkable in the last third. I got the exact same meal at Three Broomsticks as I did last time and it was edible and tasty but not nearly to the level of my meal in May. The only thing on level was the Butterbeer potted cream. I did not have pumpkin juice this time around, however. 

Anybody else experiencing the same?

Reactions: chris.g
It kills me to say this but Potter's food and drink may be slipping in line with other F&B outlets have at USH in the past.

My Butterbeer was poorly mixed and practically undrinkable in the last third. I got the exact same meal at Three Broomsticks as I did last time and it was edible and tasty but not nearly to the level of my meal in May. The only thing on level was the Butterbeer potted cream. I did not have pumpkin juice this time around, however. 

Anybody else experiencing the same?

I experienced this in August, but I thought it was just me... I hope they kick back into high gear for the holiday season. 

When I went over summer with my family, every cold Butterbeer we got tasted like club soda. Never once had that problem in Orlando. Butterbeer is pretty much an addiction for me, so I was pretty disappointed. Frozens were fine, though.

Just wanted to write about my most recent experience to the park... I am as seasoned a Universal veteran as you will ever find, visiting both parks (Orlando and Hollywood) countless times over the course of the last 15 years... also a pass holder at Hollywood for the last 10. My visit was tremendous however Forbidden Journey seemed darker than I had ever seen. (The Screens) I took my cousin for his 21st birthday yesterday and we both went single rider on FJ.. We were on different benches and when we met each other at the exit he looked at me and said, "Were you able to see the screens?!" and I said "No... They were almost black, I couldn't see a thing.." this was his first time riding the Hollywood rendition and he has also ridden Orlando's countless times, so he was excited for the 3D.... He said "Man... I'm glad we didn't wait 90 minutes for that. Audio seemed off on a lot of parts and I couldn't see the screen" ...... I hate to say it, but I agreed with him. The screens were almost black.. they were THAT dark. I took off my glasses and found the experience to be a bit more enjoyable as I could at least now moderately see what was going on during the screen segments... It was THAT bad, guys... and I don't remember it being that bad when I first rode it back when it opened earlier this year.. I hope this is a projection problem that Universal will soon fix. Would love to hear all of your input and experience on this

^ when I rode it a  couple weeks ago, I felt the whole building was overall darker than when I first rode it in June.  The screens were darker, but visible, the show scenes were darker and harder to make out in my opinion.  Not sure why....

Um, I rode it on the 30th when I went to horror nights and I found it slightly darker than its been, but I still think it's too bright, I'm sick of seeing how the ride works everytime I go on, it wasn't like this when it opened. Not to be mean but if you guys couldn't see the screens you need your eyes checked out, unless there was an actual problem with the ride that day.

I experienced this in August, but I thought it was just me... I hope they kick back into high gear for the holiday season. 

Was there for most of the day this past Saturday.

• Ordered a Pumpkin Fizz.  Pretty Sure it was Pumpkin Juice (no Fizz), but fine. I was thirsty enough and the service was too slow to switch it out. (One window opened and about 6-7 people waiting for food at Three Broomsticks).
  • Had two glasses of Buttebeer over 3-4 hours. One from the cart (Closest to Hogwarts), the other from Three Broomsticks. Both were fine.
  • Second order of Pumpkin Fizz was perfect-from the pub.
  • I did ask one of the servers about warm Butterbeer. Her answer was (and I quote): "Um.........I've heard talk about it and ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybe December??!!?"

Still had a great time. Shame though if this is an indication of things already being slightly off....

Reactions: soots and chris.g
Are they going to remove the timed-ticket kiosks? I've never seen them in once once since they opened Potter.