The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why is there no nighttime lights at hogwarts castle this spring?

They could really use it to spread out the crowds. The park is certainly open late enough. My guess is they don't want to pay for the pyro/staff it takes to run it.

Money

I mean why are selling wayyyyy too many express passes and making ride times insane for normal guests. Today SLOP had a line out the door for express and NO one at the Kitchen to help keep the line moving

• Sad
Reactions: Clive
Money

I mean why are selling wayyyyy too many express passes and making ride times insane for normal guests. Today SLOP had a line out the door for express and NO one at the Kitchen to help keep the line moving

To bring this back to Wizarding, I noticed yesterday they no longer have attendants seating guests at the Three Broomsticks - it's now a free-for-all, and the restaurant in general was understaffed (maybe 50% of tills open). Little quality of life/crowd control cuts all over the place.

To bring this back to Wizarding, I noticed yesterday they no longer have attendants seating guests at the Three Broomsticks - it's now a free-for-all, and the restaurant in general was understaffed (maybe 50% of tills open). Little quality of life/crowd control cuts all over the place.
Last few vacations at Orlando, it was get your own seat at Three Broomsticks also. But Leaky Cauldron still seated you and brought the food to the table.

Wasn't it always like this? My three visits to Broomsticks in 2019 I sat myself wherever. Granted, it was on slower days and the location had plenty of seats open each time.

I heard a while back that unlike the Florida original, this and the Japan locations have 3d elements added to the Forbidden Journey? I’m curious, did it make it more convincing than the non 3D one at IOA?

I don't really think so. It make the screen dim (and thus fuzzy), and took away peripheral vision.

It was definitely worth a try, but it's ultimately better without. Even Six Flags figured this out by removing the 3D from all their Justice League rides.

Reactions: Jamesh22
I heard a while back that unlike the Florida original, this and the Japan locations have 3d elements added to the Forbidden Journey? I’m curious, did it make it more convincing than the non 3D one at IOA?

I remember riding it when it was in previews before the grand opening. I had to keep taking the glasses off as half the attraction just appeared to be in pitch black. The problem for me wasn't motion but the lighting levels from screens to sets and vice versa.

I was extremely happy when they announced it was being removed and the ride is much better for it.

I don't really think so. It make the screen dim (and thus fuzzy), and took away peripheral vision.

It was definitely worth a try, but it's ultimately better without. Even Six Flags figured this out by removing the 3D from all their Justice League rides.
I swear. I rode this in previews and nothing beats your first ride. After the 4k projections were installed it made the ride even better. 3D not needed!

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Am I the only one who thinks the new wands are a little... lackluster? Some of them are nice but I think a lot of them are kind of gaudy and don't look great. We also definitely got shafted on the USH-unique wand. The Walnut with Dragon Heartstring wand looks terrible compared to the others.