The WWE Thread | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well.......that was incredibly disappointing

It's hard to grade it.

Every winner was the opposite of the who the crowd wanted (Ryder being exception because he's popular with fans but they weren't expecting him to win).

The wrestling itself, along with the entertainment was fine except for the main event, which really killed the crowd. Probably didn't do them any favors that they ran 45 min over, especially with the outcome.

And I hate to say it..... Kinda over the Rock's appearances that offer nothing.

Reactions: anihilnation
It's hard to grade it.

Every winner was the opposite of the who the crowd wanted (Ryder being exception because he's popular with fans but they weren't expecting him to win).

The wrestling itself, along with the entertainment was fine except for the main event, which really killed the crowd. Probably didn't do them any favors that they ran 45 min over, especially with the outcome.

And I hate to say it..... Kinda over the Rock's appearances that offer nothing.

I agree. Even on a logical standpoint, I see the "why's" of Lesnar/Taker winning their respective matches but I don't understand why Styles, New Day, and Banks/Lynch all lost. We all knew Reigns was walking out Champ but good lord, the building was rocking with boo's so where's the heel turn?

Ryder winning was probably a highlight for me just because it was so unexpected. Whereas I wanted to love the Taker/Shane match but those guys are.....uhhh....really old.

Entertaining? Yes. Logical? Very little of it. I guess I did myself a disservice by looking at all the dirtsheets about every rumored return possible. I mean, Goldberg of all people was rumored to show up. Meh.

I agree with you on the Rock. Nothing new to say but for some reason people still eat it up.

I agree. Even on a logical standpoint, I see the "why's" of Lesnar/Taker winning their respective matches but I don't understand why Styles, New Day, and Banks/Lynch all lost. We all knew Reigns was walking out Champ but good lord, the building was rocking with boo's so where's the heel turn?

Ryder winning was probably a highlight for me just because it was so unexpected. Whereas I wanted to love the Taker/Shane match but those guys are.....uhhh....really old.

Entertaining? Yes. Logical? Very little of it. I guess I did myself a disservice by looking at all the dirtsheets about every rumored return possible. I mean, Goldberg of all people was rumored to show up. Meh.

I agree with you on the Rock. Nothing new to say but for some reason people still eat it up.

Charlotte was the only win I understood because now it sets up her and Becky for the next few months but man.... it was not good storytelling last night. Taker and Shane was more entertaining than I expected (those couple of big spots helped) but it really rendered the last 2 months pointless.

I agree, it was a trainwreck. Also agree with Brian that the wrestling itself was not bad, yet most of it seemed lifeless, too rehearsed. And don't get me started on the Rock. I mean, I like him, but that segment was one of the dumbest things ever; the whole flamethrower thing. What's the point? He's not a wrestler anymore. And on top of that he gets to bury Bray. Does seem though that when Bray returns it will be as a face. And the Andre the Giant memorial, was just a joke, what a way to honor a legend. Loved HHH's entrance, but like most of the event, that match also seemed pretty forced, especially the ending.

Wasn't really a memorable show. I was so let down by Brock/Ambrose it kind of left me deflated for the rest of the night. I was expecting an all out war but that was just a regular "street fight" you'll see on Raw. They have these segments with Foley and Funk giving him the barbed wire bat and chainsaw and they don't even get used. Major letdown that match was

Hopefully Raw tonight makes up for it and they can hit the reset button in the right places. Hopefully led by a Reigns heel turn. Not only because of 100,000 people booing him out the building, but what heels is he gonna feud with? Wyatt? How does he look after last night. I couldn't even name anyone else. Just gotta hope Rollins is back soon and he can be the savior babyface

Wasn't really a memorable show. I was so let down by Brock/Ambrose it kind of left me deflated for the rest of the night. I was expecting an all out war but that was just a regular "street fight" you'll see on Raw. They have these segments with Foley and Funk giving him the barbed wire bat and chainsaw and they don't even get used. Major letdown that match was

Hopefully Raw tonight makes up for it and they can hit the reset button in the right places. Hopefully led by a Reigns heel turn. Not only because of 100,000 people booing him out the building, but what heels is he gonna feud with? Wyatt? How does he look after last night. I couldn't even name anyone else. Just gotta hope Rollins is back soon and he can be the savior babyface
Bray is injured anyway, so I think he might be gone for a while and then return as a face,

Yes, Lesnar vs Ambrose was quite underwhelming, I was hoping for something really hardcore.

I also want to add that last night went on far too long. The pre show started at 530 with Ryback and Kalisto and the main event didn't end until after 1130. 6+ hours, and it didn't help that the main event dragged and people just wanted it to be over with. They should just worry more about match quality instead of being hell bent on getting everyone on the show. It's because of that we were stuck with the 7 man ladder match rather than Owens/Zayn 1 on 1.

Charlotte was the only win I understood because now it sets up her and Becky for the next few months but man.... it was not good storytelling last night. Taker and Shane was more entertaining than I expected (those couple of big spots helped) but it really rendered the last 2 months pointless.

Now that Raw has come and gone what do you think of Natalya coming in? I'm questioning their thought process here. Also, as many others have stated, what's the point of Vince handing over control to Shane? Like, it was fun but what the frick? AJ being numero uno is a welcome sight.

All in all, it feels different. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I like that it seems like WWE is loading up the tag division. New Day needs new opponents. Enzo and Cass, Vaudevillians, and now the repackaged Primo and Epico brings some fresh faces. I'm so sick of the Usos, seems like the crowd is too.

But I am concerned that the main roster is getting a little too bloated. Last night we saw the debuts of Apollo Crews and Baron Corbin, add them with recent additions like AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, the returning Cesaro, I'm afraid these guys are gonna get lost in the shuffle. Not to mention guys like Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt. So much talent. Ideally they'd just phase out guys like Ziggler, Miz, Ryder, Ryback etc. But for whatever reason Miz and Ryder are feuding for the IC belt.

I like that it seems like WWE is loading up the tag division. New Day needs new opponents. Enzo and Cass, Vaudevillians, and now the repackaged Primo and Epico brings some fresh faces. I'm so sick of the Usos, seems like the crowd is too.

But I am concerned that the main roster is getting a little too bloated. Last night we saw the debuts of Apollo Crews and Baron Corbin, add them with recent additions like AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, the returning Cesaro, I'm afraid these guys are gonna get lost in the shuffle. Not to mention guys like Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt. So much talent. Ideally they'd just phase out guys like Ziggler, Miz, Ryder, Ryback etc. But for whatever reason Miz and Ryder are feuding for the IC belt.

I got two words for ya....

Brand split.

Needs to happen.

Now that Raw has come and gone what do you think of Natalya coming in? I'm questioning their thought process here. Also, as many others have stated, what's the point of Vince handing over control to Shane? Like, it was fun but what the frick? AJ being numero uno is a welcome sight.

All in all, it feels different. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

I'm ok with it, especially since it seems they are playing off the wrestling family heritage. I would have thought with Bayley losing, she was coming up; but it seems they want to wait and do the slow burn with Sasha vs Charlotte until Summerslam.

RE: Shane & Vince - We all knew the road and match vs Undertaker was going to be stupid, but the story was always going to play out like this. Seems like the idea was "let's just get through this, and then we will mulligan it on Raw".

AJ being #1 leads me to believe a certain club will cost him at Payback. Roman's keeping the title, sadly, at least til Summerslam.

I got two words for ya....

Brand split.

Needs to happen.

Disagree with that. Now you may see 2 different authority figures for each show, with Vince seeing who "runs the roster better"; ultimately leading to a match at Summerslam for full control.

Brand split was fine at first since they had a huge influx of WCW and ECW talent, but got worn down eventually when cuts, retirements, and popularity with certain wrestlers died down. I mean, Mark Henry was a World Champion.

I'm ok with it, especially since it seems they are playing off the wrestling family heritage. I would have thought with Bayley losing, she was coming up; but it seems they want to wait and do the slow burn with Sasha vs Charlotte until Summerslam.

RE: Shane & Vince - We all knew the road and match vs Undertaker was going to be stupid, but the story was always going to play out like this. Seems like the idea was "let's just get through this, and then we will mulligan it on Raw".

AJ being #1 leads me to believe a certain club will cost him at Payback. Roman's keeping the title, sadly, at least til Summerslam.

Disagree with that. Now you may see 2 different authority figures for each show, with Vince seeing who "runs the roster better"; ultimately leading to a match at Summerslam for full control.

Brand split was fine at first since they had a huge influx of WCW and ECW talent, but got worn down eventually when cuts, retirements, and popularity with certain wrestlers died down. I mean, Mark Henry was a World Champion.

It'll be interesting how the women's division folds out for sure. I know that some of these women can flat out wrestle...I hate that they're trying to fight out of this stereotype and that they're having to make an extra effort to make the ladies equal as the men. I think some of the women (Charlotte, Banks, Lynch, Bayley, Asuke) could out-wrestle the men. Despite having to push past all of it though, I'm glad to see that the women arent just being downgraded to what they used to be...

I guess the Vince/Shane angle was simply because they needed to sell tickets (which apparently to some sites the attendance record was some 3,000 shy of 100,000). I understand why but this has only served to show just how inept WWE creative can be.

I definitely agree that Reigns is keeping the title but you think Bullet club will cost him the match? I'd love to see a heel version of the Shield take on the Bullet Club.

I definitely agree that it was necessary back then but it seems like WWE is signing anyone and everyone on the free agent list...Seems that they're loading up for something? Idk, I guess I'm just desperate for something new.

I definitely agree that Reigns is keeping the title but you think Bullet club will cost him the match? I'd love to see a heel version of the Shield take on the Bullet Club.

No, they'll cost AJ the match.

I definitely agree that it was necessary back then but it seems like WWE is signing anyone and everyone on the free agent list...Seems that they're loading up for something? Idk, I guess I'm just desperate for something new.

To make sure they are #1 and relevant and everyone else can't try to catch up.

Reactions: USO92
Not in favor of the brand split either. And there doesn't need to be 2 world titles again. Raw is a 3 hour show, they just need to figure out how to utilize all this talent and not fill the show with nonsense. Sometimes it's a chore to get through 3 hours, when they have enough talent to put on good matches and make the show fly by

Not in favor of the brand split either. And there doesn't need to be 2 world titles again. Raw is a 3 hour show, they just need to figure out how to utilize all this talent and not fill the show with nonsense. Sometimes it's a chore to get through 3 hours, when they have enough talent to put on good matches and make the show fly by

It needs to be a "Wrestling" show. Let the matches tell the story. We don't 3-4 20 min promos through the 3 hours.

It needs to be a "Wrestling" show. Let the matches tell the story. We don't 3-4 20 min promos through the 3 hours.

100 %. Unfortunately WWE and Vince McMahon value the "Entertainment" part of World Wrestling Entertainment more than the wrestling part. Take a look at next weeks Raw for example, instead of a match to advance a storyline, where gonna get whatever garbage they have planned with Dr. Phil.

Raw this week=A for me. I genuinely enjoyed this show. Enzo and Big Cass are now my favorite people to watch and I haven't even seen them wrestle.

I will say that if I hear Reigns say that stupid line one more time I might gag. I think the only reason he said it tonight was because he lost his footing with the crowd. His segment with Wyatt made no sense.

Zayn/Styles=Gold
Owens on the mic=gold
Cesaro back in the ring=gold
Shane O'Mac runnin the place=slight hint of gold only because the story makes no sense.

Either way, loved the show.

We as fans need a come to Jesus meeting on this. Wrestling will never again be the biggest part of WWE. If we want that we have to go elsewhere.

We as fans need a come to Jesus meeting on this. Wrestling will never again be the biggest part of WWE. If we want that we have to go elsewhere.

I disagree. We've hit the era now where fans are more appreciative with the ring product then anything else. Last night was pretty much more about wrestling, less about drama/promos. 1st hour alone had 2 15-20 min matches. Still early, obviously, but I really hope we're on the precipice of change.

Reactions: LieutLaww