The WWE Thread | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sheamus vs Cesaro - Great match. Worked it as a high impact sprint which was a good move. I knew they were recently holding back on TV, you could just tell. Especially w/Cesaro. Who felt more on point here than he has in the last few outings on TV. I'm fine w/that. I love how TV constantly gives us gems weekly a good portion of the time, but saving something good for PPV is something that is almost never done any more. Aka basically the rest of this PPV. Cesaro busted out some signature offense like the swing - which feels like forever since we last saw it - and the alpamare water slide again. YES. I was cool w/the finish. I know those who hate Sheamus will be pissy and that's comical. Cesaro doesn't need to be winning this championship. It's better on Sheamus these days. Cesaro got caught in a flash pin while in a great match. I was pleased from top to bottom w/this one

Cena vs Wyatt - Absolute garbage. WWE need to never book a gimmick match for a long, long time. They're an ultimate running joke now. Take something that was great at WM and put gimmicks on it. What does that equal? Flops. The part of the match where it was Wyatts vs Usos and Cena/Bray were nowhere to be found GOT TO GET THOSE SPOTS IN. Holy cow this was bad 100% of the way.

hield vs Evolution - The DUDs keep coming. What forced nonsense. How boring & bad do these matches have to keep getting. and why are they instant heat killers? Pitiful excuse for a brawl. Everything was so lethargic & tame except for the cane spots on Reigns. I liked that, but the rest was a struggle. The ol "I almost fell asleep" that isn't so much hyperbole but it is truth line goes here. Shield dominates in the end which was feeling kind of obvious when all three were still around while getting killed. These heels and their poor ways of telling stories. Triple H probably thinks he did the best thing ever on this night. It went thirty minutes, the opponents were down and out, but oh no, they can't back to win against the odds. Yawn. Evolution has to go away now that they've been supremely owned by Shield. The only positive I can think of.

Y2J is back! Looks like he's gonna feud with the Wyatt's. No complaints just glad to see him back. Rollins and Ambrose are having a hell of a feud and when the finally square off it'll be a must see match and potential match of the year. Only downside of the product right now is Cena is champ again. Heading towards a showdown with Lesnar at Summerslam where, hopefully, Brock takes the belt and getting his win back. Remember, Cena beat Brock in his first match back. It would be a spit in the face if Cena beats the guy that just ended the streak in his first match since.

MITB belt match ... totally awesome match, but as expected ridiculous ending with Cena winning. Let us hope Brock beats Cena ... I remember a few months ago there was a rumor that Brock would win the title at summerslam and then will defend it at night of champions.

Yeah, was cool to see Y2J ... when the Miz came out, I first thought, ok, WWE has completely lost it if Miz is the big returning star, and then out comes Y2J. Ironically I had thought it was possible Miz would be back, there has been a rumor that Flair would be back as the manager of the Miz ... but I think Flair parties too much (apparently he is heavily ind bet as well).

Best thing was when Kane tombstoned Cena and the crowd chanted "one more time"; defintely looking forward to Rollins vs Ambrose and HHH vs Reigns!

Love seeing Jericho back. Sadly it's obvious that his role is just to put over young talent, not that it's bad thing, cause it's not, just makes the outcomes very predictable.

I'm sure we'll see him vs. Wyatt and Cesaro. Hopefully it ends with him getting one last title run and hopefully a feud with Bryan. Those matches would be some A+ wrestling.

Really looking forward to tonight's RAW. With Flair set to return, Sting setting the internet on fire with his "7.14.14" tweet, and the many great storylines they have going, it should be very entertaining!

This past Monday Nights main event closing segment with the Bella/Stephanie McMahon terrible acting segment has to be one of the worst ways to end RAW in recent memory.

I did love that the fans in the crowd hated it so much that they were chanting for Jamie Noble.

Definitely a weird way to see the show ended. Seemed as if the entire show was backwards?

In other news, Sting is hoped to sign a contract by Summerslam. So we wait...

I was flipping back and forth on Monday night and while the ending of Raw was happening I was under the impression that it was only 10pm and there was still another hour to go. I was kind of in shock when I saw it was past 11 and that was the closing.

Guess they figured they didn't have a strong enough ending with Brock not being there. Stephanie being in a match is kind of a big deal so it worked in a way. Never thought it'd be against Brie but since she's married to Bryan it makes sense also.

Summerslam is shaping up to be a solid show. Hopefully Rollins/Ambrose gets a no DQ stipulation. Looking forward to that one a lot. Reigns/Orton will be the first big test for Roman to see if he can have a good match with a main eventer. Hopefully Brie/Stephanie is short and sweet and doesn't drag on to long. Wyatt/Jericho hopefully is better than the Battleground match, had some botches. Seems like everyone was off there game during that show. Botches everywhere.

Brock/Cena. I watched there Extreme Rules 2012 match a few days ago, whole match is Brock beating the crap out of Cena then he hits him with chain, AA on steps and that's it. Doubt they'll make it a street fight like last time so hopefully it's better than the Undertaker match. The match last year with CM Punk was fantastic but it was also a street fight. And it goes without saying that Brock needs to win the match. I don't know how it's gonna work though because supposedly he'd hold the belt until Wrestlemania. Not sure how that'd work with his part time schedule. Just wish he could commit for 6 months and have a real run. But he is the conquerer of the streak so no excuse for him losing his first match after. But if Cena wins...I will come here and complain about it! Haha

Guess they figured they didn't have a strong enough ending with Brock not being there. Stephanie being in a match is kind of a big deal so it worked in a way. Never thought it'd be against Brie but since she's married to Bryan it makes sense also.

Summerslam is shaping up to be a solid show. Hopefully Rollins/Ambrose gets a no DQ stipulation. Looking forward to that one a lot. Reigns/Orton will be the first big test for Roman to see if he can have a good match with a main eventer. Hopefully Brie/Stephanie is short and sweet and doesn't drag on to long. Wyatt/Jericho hopefully is better than the Battleground match, had some botches. Seems like everyone was off there game during that show. Botches everywhere.

Brock/Cena. I watched there Extreme Rules 2012 match a few days ago, whole match is Brock beating the crap out of Cena then he hits him with chain, AA on steps and that's it. Doubt they'll make it a street fight like last time so hopefully it's better than the Undertaker match. The match last year with CM Punk was fantastic but it was also a street fight. And it goes without saying that Brock needs to win the match. I don't know how it's gonna work though because supposedly he'd hold the belt until Wrestlemania. Not sure how that'd work with his part time schedule. Just wish he could commit for 6 months and have a real run. But he is the conquerer of the streak so no excuse for him losing his first match after. But if Cena wins...I will come here and complain about it! Haha

I really liked the Bray Jericho match at Battleground, though there were quite a few instances where you could see Bray talking to Jericho on what to do etc

Definitely looking forward to Summerslam and then Night of Champions which rumor has it might be even better.

It is always the same with Cena, he always gets a ridiculous win. Cesaro completely outwrestled him and of course Cena had to win. Potentially there is a rematch between Cena and Brock at Night of Champions, Cena will probably win it and become 16 time champion lol. Though I would also love for Brock to have a run, and if Reigns works out great have them two at Wrestlemania.

If Cena wins at Night of Champions I can only hope it's after a brutal match with Brock and then Rollins cashes in. If you cash in on Cena and lose then your career is pretty much done. See Damien Sandow

If Cena wins at Night of Champions I can only hope it's after a brutal match with Brock and then Rollins cashes in. If you cash in on Cena and lose then your career is pretty much done. See Damien Sandow

Remember when Cena did the Wyatt photoshop bit? Anyway, with Jericho back I was thinking of when Jericho did something like that to Chris Benoit and how much better Jericho is at stuff like that. Cena comes our trying to mock people, but he is so bad at it ... Jericho comes out, he is great at it, loved the whole segment on Raw when he came out to mock Triple H and Stephanie.

Sad really on how Sandow has been buried, I actually like him, he is a decent wrestler ... why it is that he is just the clown now and yet Miz is pushed as a midcard is beyond me. Strange thing is, I once heard that Triple H really was pushing for Sandow, but no one else liked the idea I guess.

I am hoping the Ascension will come soon to WWE; and by next year hopefully Kenta and Devitt.

Yep I remember that when Jericho did it. That was a good throwback on Monday with Y2J mocking Stephanie. The difference is Jericho is actually funny while Cena is just corny. But I will admit to laughing a few years ago when Cena was feuding with Nexus and he had Heath Slaters face on the Wendys girl.

Summerslam was a good show. Brock destroyed Cena to win the title. Ziggler won the IC title. Ambrose and Rollins had a great match. Orton/Reigns was decent but the crowd has already started to turn on Reigns it seems. Crowd was totally behind Orton especially after an awesome RKO that looked like it would end

Was awesome, absolutely loved it. Reigns vs Orton probably was the weakest match, and yet even that was not too bad, just seemed to me that Reigns was too nervous.

Cena got squashed, that was amazing lol. Those supplexes where amazing. Part of me wonders though if Cena got really hurt in the match, the way the referee looked at him at moments and even Brock ... In any case this could be the perfect set up for a Cena heel turn.

Wyatt was great as always, really glad they had him completely alone, gives him a lot of credibility.
Stephanie vs Brie was cool, and Paige vs AJ as well, we actually had two diva matches in witch there was real action.

Ambrose vs Rollins: definitely the most original lumberjack match ever, probably a repeat at Night of Champions and perhaps culminating in a Hell in a Cell match!

Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins with another great match on Raw. Unfortunately Ambrose is leaving to film a movie and will be gone for a few weeks. Hopefully he's back for Night of Champions. These guys are the future. Hopefully WWE sees this and isn't just dead set on pushing Roman Reigns to the moon. Not a good sign that the crowds already starting to turn on him. I thought it wouldn't happen until Daniel Bryan came back but it's begun already. Last night with Orton and even tonight in the six man tag, the crowd was going nuts for Ryback! It was Rybacks hometown but still.

Ambrose is the most over guy in the company right now, hopefully upon his return he has a top spot and isn't pushed down or turn heel to protect Reigns, similar to the Cena/Ryback situation. Tonight was a reminder how over Ryback was at one point. Shame