Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Theme Park Artwork

Nice! I like your art style! It looks like a vibrant color storyboard from the pre-production of a Pixar movie!

BTW, your "concept art for a retro, sci-fi themed ride" image is no longer loading. Maybe check the site where it was uploaded?

Thanks!

I re-uploaded that previous image.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">shingeki no kyojin concept i&#39;m working on atm. <a href="http://t.co/ojgqWiTdhQ">pic.twitter.com/ojgqWiTdhQ</a></p>&mdash; violarum (@violarum) <a href="">May 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amazing job violarum! It would be cool if there was a permanent anime attraction at Universal Studios.. Maybe at their new Japanese park?

...in a strange move, i am bringing a old concept to life in a 3D Model. But this one, is a very recent edit.

on the Universal Resort Expansion thread, I posted this;

tCsAWU9.jpg

1.) New Hotel Structure, with a tower the height of 123 Feet high
2.) New Transportation Station for a system similar to the Cabled system seen from HE
3.) Valet Parking drop-off/Pickup for Hotel/Transportation
4.) Outdoor area for Hotel use
5.) Dining
6.) Extension of the waterfront
7.) Hotel Pool area
8.) New Massive four to five floor parking garage to hold vast amounts for Transport/Hotel
9.) New Holding Area for future projects
10A/10B/10C.) New Parking Entrances/Exits for the cars {Reuses WNW parking lot entrances/exits}
11A/11B.) Greenery/foliage/Terrain
12.) Fountain area
13.) Plaza for when you exit the star-ways nearby the Pedestrian Bridge
14.) Pedestrian Bridge
15.) Pathway for Hotel/Transport guests

And now.. i have returned with a 3D version of this idea (With some extra additions to the pack):

erSh7Vo.jpg

7qo4zr6.jpg

fnY7Seu.jpg

76pWDrI.jpg

lGSNfMh.jpg

ofvqmPg.jpg

Dark Blue - Transportation Rail
Light Blue - Hotel Tower
Aqua - Parking Garage
Light Red - Parking Lot Entrances
Orange - Pathway to the Hotel/Transportation Hub (Included is the pedestrian bridge
Yellow - Entrance Sign/Fountain
Maroon (Attached to Tower) Themed elements
Magenta - Pool
Purple - Main Hotel Building
Teal - Dining
Crimson Red - Transportation Station
Olive - Holding Area for Universal Projects
Steel Blue - Water
Grey - Boardwalk
Green - Foilage
Hot Pink (Next to Aqua) - Restrooms for Parking Structure
Brown (Next to Aqua) - Starway
Black - Road

The height of the Hotel tower would be about a hundred and twenty-six feet tall, with the Transport rail going to both UONorth and UOSouth.

Its the most detailed i've gone yet.

Last edited:
Reminds me of The Aria and Vdara in Vegas...nice work!

Funny enough, i was inspired originally by the Encore from Vegas for when this was originally created. Now, i got to showcase that a bit further with the 3D version. While also as i stated before, having this act as a nice way of a middle-road for Transportation to and from UONorth and UOSouth.

But looking at the Aria and Vdara..oh crap there are some very telling similarities.

Great artwork Alexshow!

I don't follow the rumors of theme parks because until I see the final product built, I don't like to be disappointed with rumors and overzealous concept art, but for the sake of it, is it looking very likely that UOR is getting an expansion with a 3rd Gate/hotel away from the main site?

(I know it's kind of the wrong thread but on the actual UOR Expansion thread, I assume that it's all just speculation. I'm just interested to know because I posted concept art for a 3rd Gate park and Alexshow has posted stuff too so I just want to know the likeliness of it happening)

Last edited:
Great artwork Alexshow!

I don't follow the rumors of theme parks because until I see the final product built, I don't like to be disappointed with rumors and overzealous concept art, but for the sake of it, is it looking very likely that UOR is getting an expansion with a 3rd Gate/hotel away from the main site?

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/05/universals-proposed-changes-to-i-drive-add-new.html

I'd recommend going over to the Universal Resort Expansion thread as we talk about the moves being made.

Its also being said by a spirited individual from WDWMagic that the park may be announced by the end of the year..

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/05/universals-proposed-changes-to-i-drive-add-new.html

I'd recommend going over to the Universal Resort Expansion thread as we talk about the moves being made.

Its also being said by a spirited individual from WDWMagic that the park may be announced by the end of the year..

Oh, interesting! Thanks! Has said member from WDWMagic has been right in the forecast of theme park business before?

Here's a throwback to over 2 years ago when I posted my concept art for a 3rd Gate at UOR:

12758164635_8a005e9304_h.jpg

Oh, interesting! Thanks! Has said member from WDWMagic has been right in the forecast of theme park business before?

Here's a throwback to over 2 years ago when I posted my concept art for a 3rd Gate at UOR:

12758164635_8a005e9304_h.jpg

He is mainly right I believe in WDW bits, and sometimes (it depends) on Universal information.

Ever since DWA being acquired, a lot of speculation has pointed to a possibly heavy influence of DWA IPs being featured (two that has popped up frequently is Shrek and How To Train Your Dragon).

Awesome! Thanks for the info Alexshow.

Well I look forward to the gifted members on these boards posting some 3rd Gate/DreamWorks/Nintendo concept art here. If anyone sees any artwork posted on other threads, please post it here too!

Here's my sketch idea for a new transportation hub that Universal could build once their third gate is up and running. Heavily inspired by the Disney's Contemporary hotel, except no monorail.

highway%20of%20future%20zi%20LOW%20RES%20FOR%20ORLANDO_zpshma8bez0.jpg

Attachments

• highway of future zi LOW RES FOR ORLANDO.jpg
    highway of future zi LOW RES FOR ORLANDO.jpg
    691.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Here's my sketch idea for a new transportation hub that Universal could build once their third gate is up and running. Heavily inspired by the Disney's Contemporary hotel, except no monorail.

highway%20of%20future%20zi%20LOW%20RES%20FOR%20ORLANDO_zpshma8bez0.jpg

Amazing! Do you draw your concepts with a graphics tablet + Photoshop?

Thanks! I actually use a Wacom Cintiq tablet. And yes, Photoshop is my painting/sketching software of choice.

Oh cool, that's an expensive tablet! But it definitely pays off- your artwork turns out great!

Hello Guys, I just want to present you the projects I have realized during that first year in my Design School in Paris ! Give me your opinions !
(I carved all the Faux Rocks and wood)

Wow! So these were group assignments and you carved the wood/rock? What you've made is truly amazing, Lucas! What's your degree? And where are you hoping to work upon graduation?

middle_earth_theme_park_by_lunatteo-d88md7c.png

Here is a concept of a Middle Earth theme park which is rather cool! It's by lunatteo (Sara Gilman) on DeviantArt

Oh thank you very much =) !

There are mostly individual projects, except for the last one with the lodge, I was in charge of the landscape (rocks, waterfall etc..).

I was studient in Industrial Design, I joined this school for their strongly renowned space design / retail option that I envision to choose for my third grade year.
I was truly happy to have choose industrial design, it's so varied, i learnt architecture, design, space design ...

Becoming a designer in the entertainment industry is my goal. The themed industry appeals me in many ways.
The spaces and set design, the architecture and landscaping, and also props.