Theme Parks: Dark Ride Pics | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Dark Ride Pics

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks Captain :wave: You may have some settings on your camera that will allow for some decent dark ride shots, may not be able to do much on the real dark rides like Haunted Mansion but on rides like Great Movie Ride that are brighter you could possibly get some pretty good ones.
it's all ISO and other settings I don't understand :doh:

I took a beginners class and it greatly helped me before I went to California. Before that I was lost, hell Briman would be like hey use this. What I don't have that, dude we have the same camera!

There is a lot to learn and is so overwhelming when first starting out. I ended up reading the instruction book a lot, reading articles online and just messing with the camera around the house to see how each setting worked. I had my camera about 5 months before I made it a theme park (BGT) and I made sure I was ready by then lol. Looking back though I wasnt ready at all and still had no idea what I was doing :pound:

^ lol, I dont even think you need that when you can find so much info on the internet for free. Of course you can buy it if you want but I like the free approach personally :happy:

I learned a lot also from reading this site run by a bunch of outstanding photographers who are huge Disney fans. A lot of what they show can be applied to normal everyday photography also www.disneyphotographyblog.com

So this picture wasn't as well defined as I thought it was on my camera, but I'm still pretty proud of it.

CanonEOS120.jpg

Did the lens struggle to focus? Ive found mine struggle a lot on the dark rides so my last time on Haunted Mansion I put in on manual focus and got more shots than I normally do since the camera wasn't fighting the focus.

Did the lens struggle to focus? Ive found mine struggle a lot on the dark rides so my last time on Haunted Mansion I put in on manual focus and got more shots than I normally do since the camera wasn't fighting the focus.

I had it on manual focus. Disney Photography Blog has a dark ride tutorial that I had read before my trip and tried to do everything on that.

ET is tough because the ride vehicle moves pretty quick.

Ive gotten a lot of tips and things I would have never even thought about from that site, its a great resource.

Yeah I have yet to test my luck out on ET. The combination of it being pretty dark and the vehicles moving fast aren't a good mix

Yeah I have yet to test my luck out on ET. The combination of it being pretty dark and the vehicles moving fast aren't a good mix

I got a seat in the front, so decided to try my luck with getting a few shots of ET raised out of the basket. I got the one above and a similar one with the moon silhouetting ET.

Just got done shooting the past 4 hours at the Magic Kingdom. Think I got some decent shots and hopefully can get a few posted tonight as long as the Internet at the hotel lets me upload them.