Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you could though, I would love to see night shots of Mission Space and England if you get the time please.

Which lens are you using for the nighttime shots? Anyway you can let us know what settings you were using?

Which lens are you using for the nighttime shots? Anyway you can let us know what settings you were using?

i have two main lenses:
Canon 17-40 f/4L
Canon 70-200 2.8L

The camera body is a gripped 50D.
I also use an induro a213 tripod with a manfrotto 498rc2 head.

I use the 17-40L 90% of the time because I like to see a lot happening in my images. It depends on my mood and what I see though.

Finally, about the shot, it was taken at f/8 @ 1sec ISO 200 with long exposure noise reduction turned on. To get the motion on the people and proper exposure in the tunnel meant I would have to blow out the signs. So, I shot an exposure at f/8 1/80 just for the signs to be readable and layered the images.

Last edited:
Figured I would bring this thread back from the abyss with some pics I took on my past trips last week. They were my first attempt at firework photography and were a learning experience for sure lol.

7174227730_a0331300de_c.jpg
[/url] Illuminations by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr[/IMG]

7174257396_c78cd83d06_c.jpg

7174282462_d01a9a2cc5_c.jpg

These last two pictures I took on our trip in early March.

6811394302_1e1ec7f786_c.jpg
[/url] Downtown Disney by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr[/IMG]

6811518936_296a5a5b53_c.jpg
[/url] Fulton's by MIke Sperduto (Sperduto Photos), on Flickr[/IMG]

Question,

How did you grab those firework shots? What type of setting? What kind of lens? I really want to get some firework photography practice in before HHN and Christmas. Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated. Im a amateur at best with photography. That first one is very impressive and would love to know how you got it.

Thanks

Question,

How did you grab those firework shots? What type of setting? What kind of lens? I really want to get some firework photography practice in before HHN and Christmas. Any tips or hints would be greatly appreciated. Im a amateur at best with photography. That first one is very impressive and would love to know how you got it.

Thanks

Remember that bulb setting I was telling you about... :lol:

Ohhh right, I guess it helps if you have a solid surface to rest on that can see fireworks huh? :lol:

Great night shots everyone. I wish my camera took good night shots. Heck, I don't think I ever got a night shot with my camera. Maybe I need a new camera.