Theme Parks: Night Photography | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Theme Parks: Night Photography

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Im going to give it a try in October if plans work out for me that month. Not sure if I will try during HHN though, might be too crowded to set up the tripod.

Please try but I'm with you on HHN's. Its damn near impossible to get anything done with all the foot traffic. I think I am going to invest in one of those gorilla pod type things.

- - - Updated - - -

Wild regarding tripods. I was told some time back that it is completely accepted at Disney. And so what if you sell them to anyone including the NYDN or UK's SUN. It would be fun to test security and tell them that you are a scout for the Travel Channel looking for new angles to promote the park. Universal is such a child when it comes to being so popular since potter. They're just not used to the hyper-interest and how to deal with it.

Taken mine into each park at Disney and have never been questioned. If anything they ask how much did you spend on this stuff? :lol:

185166_4545223106147_153290212_n.jpg

Was that from tonight because the storms west of there were crazy bad.

Just to chime in on the tripod issue: Disney is wide open as far as "regular" photo equipment goes, although you may have security question you at Downtown Disney if you're using a tripod (never happened personally, but I know people who have), but in the parks I've only heard of a few incidents. Universal, on the other hand...that depends entirely on who is at bag check that moment. I've taken my tripod in a few times without hassle, even had managers and team members back by Potter try to help me out or ask to see some of my shots the one night I actually ended up using it. However, CityWalk is a completely different animal. I no sooner had my tripod out of my bag then a security guard came over and told me to put it away and that they're not allowed on property. I was a little incredulous at the moment, but complied and promptly went over to guest relations to further inquire. Turns out it evidently is policy (although at least one person at the desk at that time had no clue about it), and one that they fail to mention anywhere on websites, maps, anything a guest might read. All of my team member friends had no clue about the policy, their leads and supervisors they asked didn't either. If I ever try to set up in CityWalk again, it will likely only be on the parks side (previous spot was directly in front of a trash can by Pastamore so as to not be a issue with crowd flow as much as I could help).

I really want to try my hand at some Rockit shots, though, so I'll be testing the waters again before too long.

Just to chime in on the tripod issue: Disney is wide open as far as "regular" photo equipment goes, although you may have security question you at Downtown Disney if you're using a tripod (never happened personally, but I know people who have), but in the parks I've only heard of a few incidents. Universal, on the other hand...that depends entirely on who is at bag check that moment. I've taken my tripod in a few times without hassle, even had managers and team members back by Potter try to help me out or ask to see some of my shots the one night I actually ended up using it. However, CityWalk is a completely different animal. I no sooner had my tripod out of my bag then a security guard came over and told me to put it away and that they're not allowed on property. I was a little incredulous at the moment, but complied and promptly went over to guest relations to further inquire. Turns out it evidently is policy (although at least one person at the desk at that time had no clue about it), and one that they fail to mention anywhere on websites, maps, anything a guest might read. All of my team member friends had no clue about the policy, their leads and supervisors they asked didn't either. If I ever try to set up in CityWalk again, it will likely only be on the parks side (previous spot was directly in front of a trash can by Pastamore so as to not be a issue with crowd flow as much as I could help).

I really want to try my hand at some Rockit shots, though, so I'll be testing the waters again before too long.

Good to know. Im going to give it a try also in 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Thanks, I'm getting better with settings allowing me to take these with no tripod.

I would have guessed the WOC picture would have been on a tripod. Great job of keep super still for that one. The HHN picture is creepy only because the lady in the background looks like she is starring at you thru the screen lol

I got some pretty decent shots walking around Citywalk last night but may have to wait to get before posting. The wifi at the hotel is horrible and won't let me upload anything