Thor: Love and Thunder | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Thor: Love and Thunder

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Finally I saw this film. It’s really weird that they killed Jane off at the end, you think they do something like the original Thor dies and Jane takes the mantle (TFATWS) or Jane and Thor co-op (Hawkeye) seeing the track records for the legacy heroes.

Finally I saw this film. It’s really weird that they killed Jane off at the end, you think they do something like the original Thor dies and Jane takes the mantle (TFATWS) or Jane and Thor co-op (Hawkeye) seeing the track records for the legacy heroes.
Mult Verse is a thing. She will be back and maybe, our Jane could come back with the after credits showing she is "alive" in a way.

But think they killed her because giving Thor a family would be too much good, lol

The real answer as to why is probably that Natalie Portman said this is her last one.

Last edited:
is not about needing extended scenes of heartbreak and drama. but technically even the movie itself downplays the Jane situation. i dont need 3 hours of drama but this movie expects to be a ridiculous funny comedy and at the same time, in small tiny moments, deal with the darkness of Jane's situation and the darkness of the villain.
they wanna be seinfeld and a dark soap opera
it is disjointed, you are watching 2 opposite movies at once.

Finally caught this on D+, and I'm with you, only I counted at least 4 movies mashed up in in here. A dark fable about dealing with mortality, a super-hero sit-com like She-Hulk, a Terry Gilliam style fantasy (both scenes with the other gods and Planet Black & White screamed Gilliam to me), and some 80s kids flick (basically any scene with the children of Asgard). And I guess #5, standard Marvel CGI spectacle. So incongruent that there can't help but be tonal whiplash from scene to scene, sometimes multiple times within a scene.

The shame of it is the Gilliam-esque scenes work very, very well. I'd love to see Taika walk away from the Mouse's toys and try something odd and original like Time Bandits or even The Brothers Grimm. Would be a better showcase for his dark sense of humor than this attempt at a buddy cop film as well.

Finally caught this on D+, and I'm with you, only I counted at least 4 movies mashed up in in here. A dark fable about dealing with mortality, a super-hero sit-com like She-Hulk, a Terry Gilliam style fantasy (both scenes with the other gods and Planet Black & White screamed Gilliam to me), and some 80s kids flick (basically any scene with the children of Asgard). And I guess #5, standard Marvel CGI spectacle. So incongruent that there can't help but be tonal whiplash from scene to scene, sometimes multiple times within a scene.

The shame of it is the Gilliam-esque scenes work very, very well. I'd love to see Taika walk away from the Mouse's toys and try something odd and original like Time Bandits or even The Brothers Grimm. Would be a better showcase for his dark sense of humor than this attempt at a buddy cop film as well.
I'd love to see Taika leave at the very least the Thor franchise He's just very heavily tied to Disney currently though. Aside from Thor 3 & 4 and voicing Korg, he did Jojo Rabbit and the upcoming Next Goal Wins for Searchlight, he has What We Do In The Shadows and Reservation Dogs for FX, and he's directed the Season 1 finale of The Mandalorian, he voiced IG-11, and supposedly he has a Star Wars film in development as well (if that actually happens is another thing).

Taika is intrinsically tied to Disney's Studios and his only major project outside of Disney currently is Our Flag Means Death at HBO Max.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hemsworth has come out and said if he does a Thor 5, it needs to have a "drastic shift" in tone. He's also indicated recently that Thor 5 would likely be his final proper Thor film.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Almost wondering if he'll Echo Hugh, and have a final Thor be more darker like Logan in how he is now and how Hercules chases Thor and Love across the Universe.

Almost wondering if they could also establish more a proper Thor/Sif relationship, as at this point they are the last of the Warriors group from Asgard, and while Loki is around; he isn't the Loki Thor had lamented heavily of the loss over.

Almost wondering if he'll Echo Hugh, and have a final Thor be more darker like Logan in how he is now and how Hercules chases Thor and Love across the Universe.

Almost wondering if they could also establish more a proper Thor/Sif relationship, as at this point they are the last of the Warriors group from Asgard, and while Loki is around; he isn't the Loki Thor had lamented heavily of the loss over.
That would be an interesting way to end Thor's story and basically they would've done almost everything interesting there is to do with the character at that point so I can see why he is getting ready to hang it up sooner than later. Also, after the diagnosis he received on the NatGeo show on D+, he probably wants to limit how many times he keeps doing this to his body.

I'm wondering if there will be a time jump or what will happening regarding Love because i'm pretty sure Hemsworth said that was just a few scenes and a fun family affair for Hemsworth, Waititi, and Bale during Thor 4 and that he doesn't want his daughter growing up as a child actor.

That would be an interesting way to end Thor's story and basically they would've done almost everything interesting there is to do with the character at that point so I can see why he is getting ready to hang it up sooner than later. Also, after the diagnosis he received on the NatGeo show on D+, he probably wants to limit how many times he keeps doing this to his body.

I'm wondering if there will be a time jump or what will happening regarding Love because i'm pretty sure Hemsworth said that was just a few scenes and a fun family affair for Hemsworth, Waititi, and Bale during Thor 4 and that he doesn't want his daughter growing up as a child actor.

Could be possible they could explain Love to age more rapidly due to her being Eternity. Could be a easy way to recast for the sake of allowing the age gap to change more quickly, if a Thor 5 is after Secret Wars (keep in mind, I'm not expecting Thor 5 until 2027 at the earliest).

Reactions: Nick
So did Chris not bring this up during the making of Thor 4....like he didn't like the character he was playing but didn't voice his opinion until after the film came out and was not liked

I agree with him but also why not have brought this up after End game when he was already on the third film of Thor being silly?

I hope he's in the Avengers Film so they can transition him because him just being a new character (like say Professor Hulk) while it can work. I think Fans like when they see progress on screen and not just magically, I was silly and now i am serious again

Also I'm not trying to hate on Chris, think he's done a great job but just weird timing when it feels this should have been talked about years ago....like does the MCU no longer have plans? Its all just lets go movie to movie and what works we use and what doesn't is thrown away?

Reactions: HalfGlass
Could be possible they could explain Love to age more rapidly due to her being Eternity. Could be a easy way to recast for the sake of allowing the age gap to change more quickly, if a Thor 5 is after Secret Wars (keep in mind, I'm not expecting Thor 5 until 2027 at the earliest).
I'd say it's possible they do Thor 5 near the end of Phase 6 so that Hemsworth can retire from the MCU after Secret Wars in 2026, although I don't think these enough movie date to fit another Thor movie in.

Alright question for anyone who read the original comic (specifically the story with Gorr) of which this movie is based on, how does that compare with this one? Because someone made a motion comic on that with a runtime of 1 hour and 30 something minutes, maybe I’ll grab some popcorn and give that a shot if it’s any good.

Love and Thunder was such a downgrade from Ragnarok. So I would like to think Thor 5 will be better than 4, I doubt it's going to top Ragnarok.

I'm glad, Taika was on a roll...but has kinda just not been making as great of entertainment in recent years

So Glad Thor will be able to be more serious again

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky Planet
love and thunder is quite bad, but there's still a special place in hell saved for the dark world.
Agreed

But even Thor 2 villain is more well done then things we are getting now...which is...insane to me

Thor 4 had such a great villain and he's just wasted, like he works well enough but with the actor they got as well it was a waste. The black and white fight was sooooo badass but then the tone goes to kids with super powers using a teddy bear as a weapon...just the tone was off and story would have worked better as a drama then Comedy

I think Mighty Thor was well done and wish we could get mini episodes about her before the film or a MCU special. But yeah to have a movie that is trying to do all these adult themes about relationships and cancer/death and then have goats that are made for babies to laugh and Thor doing the split's while fighting Chicken men...it's like two different films combined but it doesn't work well

I really do like some of the parts of Thor 4 but....wish the tone was different and I will be on my death bed saying it was a god dam waste not to have Moon Knight show up...you have a movies with all the GODS even a cartoon one but one fot he gods we know isn;t there? Makes sense

Old MCU got it right, I didn't need Moonkight as a main character but to show up like Dr Strange did in Ragnok to remind people this character is also apart of all this

Isn't Hemsworth a little burnt out on Marvel too? Might be it for the Thor franchise. The MCU feels like it's fighting entropy now.
Maybe but I'm sure if you give him a GREAT script and money he would go for it

Tom Holland also said he is tired of being Spiderman...yet Spiderman 4 is coming out

Agreed

But even Thor 2 villain is more well done then things we are getting now...which is...insane to me

Thor 4 had such a great villain and he's just wasted, like he works well enough but with the actor they got as well it was a waste. The black and white fight was sooooo badass but then the tone goes to kids with super powers using a teddy bear as a weapon...just the tone was off and story would have worked better as a drama then Comedy

I think Mighty Thor was well done and wish we could get mini episodes about her before the film or a MCU special. But yeah to have a movie that is trying to do all these adult themes about relationships and cancer/death and then have goats that are made for babies to laugh and Thor doing the split's while fighting Chicken men...it's like two different films combined but it doesn't work well

I really do like some of the parts of Thor 4 but....wish the tone was different and I will be on my death bed saying it was a god dam waste not to have Moon Knight show up...you have a movies with all the GODS even a cartoon one but one fot he gods we know isn;t there? Makes sense

Old MCU got it right, I didn't need Moonkight as a main character but to show up like Dr Strange did in Ragnok to remind people this character is also apart of all this
whats very sad is that Bale said that they recorded so much footage and tried cool things and most of it got taken out...
that was terrible
Isn't Hemsworth a little burnt out on Marvel too? Might be it for the Thor franchise. The MCU feels like it's fighting entropy now.

Maybe but I'm sure if you give him a GREAT script and money he would go for it

Tom Holland also said he is tired of being Spiderman...yet Spiderman 4 is coming out
yeah but what are they going to do outside of marvel? most of the avengers cast isnt doing that much,

Reactions: Jerroddragon