Thor Ragnarok | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Thor Ragnarok

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Coming back to the trailer, James Gunn previously said; that it was his favorite trailer that Marvel Studios ever created. And, I fully agree with his statement.

It is perfectly paced, perfectly handled; and shows such a radical and amazing departure of the Thor series. I love everything about this, and that I can not wait to see what the hell Banner and Thor have to deal with in the film.

Yeah, he's 1000% right. Thor so far has been all kinds of "meh" in his own films. But that was glorious.

I'm so happy, it looks like it takes place entirely on Asgard, they're doing Hulk right, and it looks to be an overall great Thor movie. (Then again anything is better than The Dark World). Hopefully it exceeds my expectations.

Reactions: LieutLaww
I'm so happy, it looks like it takes place entirely on Asgard, they're doing Hulk right, and it looks to be an overall great Thor movie. (Then again anything is better than The Dark World). Hopefully it exceeds my expectations.

Hate to say that this was the complete opposite of what I expected... I hated this movie.

Hulk and the bridge scene were the highlights for me. Definitely my least fav. of Phase 3

I went in open minded, and was blown away.

Thor: Ragnarok is without a doubt, the best film in Phase 3, and is debating in my mind in the top 5 best MCU films in general.

It has some of the best acting in the series, with Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleson, Tessa Thompson, Mark Ruffalo, and Cate Blanchett killing it. I also have to give credit to the humor, especially one freaking scene that steals the show. Seriously, I have never laughed my ass off more than any other film at the MCU since Guardians (2014).

My least favorite character and performance, is Grandmaster himself; Jeff Goldblum. I don't think he was given enough time to shine, as he shouldn't of been in the film.

That said, the first post credit scene gives an outstanding sense of dread and questions; and I can't wait to see what happens after that moment.

I am glad to see Thor shine in his own film, as we get more for the characters; along with one of the better villains in the MCU. So, Props to Waititi for making this film as it's worth seeing it again. I am planning on seeing it in 3D when I get the chance, as I am happy to see this be so freaking good.

Count me in the disappointed camp. It wasn't bad, and I enjoyed it, it just felt lacking to me.

Minor spoiler if you want to call it that. While with all super hero movies you have a pretty good idea that the hero is going to win, there never was a sense that Thor was ever in danger. Hela just felt like a weak villain and they foreshadowed how she'd be taken down too early. Also, considering the Avengers trailer shows Thor floating through space, I really was expecting him to take a loss. The mid credit scene shows how that eventually comes to be, but I was kinda expecting him to sacrifice himself to save his people. Instead we get the happy ending. Just felt it could have set up the Avengers better.

This movie was a ton of fun, would definitely recommend you watch it, easily the best Thor movie, but some of you are on crack if you think this is best movie from phase 3, no way is this better than civil war, guardians 2 or doctor strange, the biggest issues are Hela is a generic villain and Karl Urban’s character stunk, the scenes between the two of them kept bringing the movie down.

Count me in the disappointed camp. It wasn't bad, and I enjoyed it, it just felt lacking to me.

Minor spoiler if you want to call it that. While with all super hero movies you have a pretty good idea that the hero is going to win, there never was a sense that Thor was ever in danger. Hela just felt like a weak villain and they foreshadowed how she'd be taken down too early. Also, considering the Avengers trailer shows Thor floating through space, I really was expecting him to take a loss. The mid credit scene shows how that eventually comes to be, but I was kinda expecting him to sacrifice himself to save his people. Instead we get the happy ending. Just felt it could have set up the Avengers better.

AGREED! Nothing was at stake and I am getting TIRED of these cookie cutter Marvel films. Plus there's humor done right, and the type that just gets increasingly cringe and annoying time after time. This was my least fav. of the Thor, but my fav Thor movie with Thor if that makes sense.

This movie was a ton of fun, would definitely recommend you watch it, easily the best Thor movie, but some of you are on crack if you think this is best movie from phase 3

Honestly, I didn't care for Guardians Vol II with the exception of Ego, Rocket, and Yondu.

Captain America kicks things into gear, with some of the best character progression for Steve and Bucky, but I thought Iron Man and Black Panther should've been treated a bit more.

Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok are neck and neck for 5 and 4. Both can go either way, but I thought Thor was just fun.

And Spider-Man, is really good. But it doesn't resonate me as much as it does for Thor.