Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyland makes wayyyy more sense for the new theme then MK version but sure they will make it work

I'm not sure what they would do with Splash sans Tiana...

It's basically partially built on such an irrelevant IP in the first place that it feels almost like an original creation

Shoving a relevant IP into it seems like a way to bring it up to today's standards of what the Disney parks are
I feel like Disney can easily invest a good chunk of change to update the stateside Splash Mountains. I guess if the attraction turns out good then I’m okay with it.

I feel like Disney can easily invest a good chunk of change to update the stateside Splash Mountains. I guess if the attraction turns out good then I’m okay with it.
That's always the caveat

It could be a relatively easy redo (I mean minus the structural crap they will probably have to deal with in the aging mountain)

This just feels like any easy plug and play situation

Reactions: OrlLover
I am shocked that 2024 is even being kicked around for opening date. I did not expect this until after Epic Universe. 5 years is just my expected wait between announcement and opening for new Disney attractions now.

Reactions: frank_1991_
You know, for something that would be comparable to a ToT > GotG: MB retheme, they sure are taking quite a long time to do so. I mean, it’s essentially the same ride but touching up most of the existing AAs and replacing all of the SotS specific characters with PatF ones.

We don't really have a great picture of the scope of this redress yet.
The ride hasn’t seen that many large scale refurbishments, let along theme changes since opening. It’s over 30 years old now so I have to imagine WDI is going to want to put a decent amount of money in it now while they have approval to spend money on the redo anyway, and also to set the ride up for the future so that another 30 years from now that attraction isn’t falling down. So a lot of money may simply go sort of to fixing the aging infrastructure in a similar way to GotG: CR and FEA at Epcot.

The ride hasn’t seen that many large scale refurbishments, let along theme changes since opening. It’s over 30 years old now so I have to imagine WDI is going to want to put a decent amount of money in it now while they have approval to spend money on the redo anyway, and also to set the ride up for the future so that another 30 years from now that attraction isn’t falling down. So a lot of money may simply go sort of to fixing the aging infrastructure in a similar way to GotG: CR and FEA at Epcot.
I have a theory that what we don't see on Splash Mountain is far more disturbing than the broken AAs and sinking boats

A lot of this redo will probably be spent on structure

So where are they going to put Tiana's restaurant?
I mean there is need to put a restaurant every few steps so people can stuff their faces and it's all about her dream restaurant.

I mean there is need to put a restaurant every few steps so people can stuff their faces and it's all about her dream restaurant.
There has actually been on/off rumors over the past 10 years or so that they would dock the Liberty Belle Riverboat and turn it into a restaurant, although Tiana’s Place was a stand alone building if I remember correctly.

This rumor has popped many times when using Tom Sawyer’s Island for park expansion/a new land by docking the boat permanently and adding a bridge to get to TSI has come up in proposals at WDI. Those never seem to get too far, but I do imagine one day that may eventually happen as MK doesn’t have an abundance of expansion land. There’s definitely a few more obvious plots (Backstage parking lot near Buzz exit could has a large ride) and then maybe one or two more if they get creative, but TSI might be the way we see them go before they have to get creative because of how much room they would have to play with.

Reactions: shiekra38
There has actually been on/off rumors over the past 10 years or so that they would dock the Liberty Belle Riverboat and turn it into a restaurant, although Tiana’s Place was a stand alone building if I remember correctly.

This rumor has popped many times when using Tom Sawyer’s Island for park expansion/a new land by docking the boat permanently and adding a bridge to get to TSI has come up in proposals at WDI. Those never seem to get too far, but I do imagine one day that may eventually happen as MK doesn’t have an abundance of expansion land. There’s definitely a few more obvious plots (Backstage parking lot near Buzz exit could has a large ride) and then maybe one or two more if they get creative, but TSI might be the way we see them go before they have to get creative because of how much room they would have to play with.
There's a lot of things at MK that I don't understand why they exist...TSI is one of them...The boat is another

I could easily see that becoming something else

They were going to construct one at the stalled Reflections resort.

Losing the Liberty Belle as an attraction would be a tragedy.

There's a lot of things at MK that I don't understand why they exist...TSI is one of them...The boat is another

That's pretty dismissive. The Liberty Belle adds kinetic energy to the area, and is another representation of Walt Disney's love of modes of transportation. It also helps sell the time period. Oh, and it's also a ride.

The Liberty Belle, the WDW Railroad, and the Main Street vehicles are all the kinds of touches that help give the park personality and charm. Getting rid of any of them would be a major loss for park atmosphere.

There was a rumor of a proposal a few years ago to moor the riverboat permanently and fill in the back half of RoA. The idea was to create a river rapids ride in the back area themed to Lone Ranger (when that crappy movie came out). The idea was they could then build a connecting path between BTMRR and Haunted Mansion which would really help with the traffic movement on both sides as well as open a new area for development. It's an idea that had many pluses, but a big minus with the elimination of the river boat and rafts as attractions. It would have also opened up TSI for more people to visit with bridges instead of relying on rafts.

Reactions: tielo
There was a rumor of a proposal a few years ago to moor the riverboat permanently and fill in the back half of RoA. The idea was to create a river rapids ride in the back area themed to Lone Ranger (when that crappy movie came out). The idea was they could then build a connecting path between BTMRR and Haunted Mansion which would really help with the traffic movement on both sides as well as open a new area for development. It's an idea that had many pluses, but a big minus with the elimination of the river boat and rafts as attractions. It would have also opened up TSI for more people to visit with bridges instead of relying on rafts.
oooh I dig some of that

Obvi the Lone Ranger not so much

This strikes me as a perfect opportunity for a classic "Disney World removes it but Disneyland miraculously finds space eleswhere" move.

Yeah, that’s what I was referring to with my post. I remember hearing about the Rapids ride. If The Lone Ranger had been a hit, this was going to get approved. In hindsight, it’s a good thing it didn’t given that the two stars of that movie are now embroiled with controversy.

Yeah, that’s what I was referring to with my post. I remember hearing about the Rapids ride. If The Lone Ranger had been a hit, this was going to get approved. In hindsight, it’s a good thing it didn’t given that the two stars of that movie are now embroiled with controversy.
Yeah Disney doesn't seem like the kind of company to build a water ride based on a controversial property