Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah Disney doesn't seem like the kind of company to build a water ride based on a controversial property
While I appreciate the sarcasm, the controversy wouldn’t be about the IP. It would be about Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.

While I appreciate the sarcasm, the controversy wouldn’t be about the IP. It would be about Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer.
I've honestly never seen it

But all I know is, it bombed

Still though, I'd love some kind of rapids ride at MK

A lot of what's in that video is his speculation (not definitive fact), but I hope his "gut the animatronics and lean on projections" prediction doesn't come to pass.
The part about D+ made me laugh, the numbers are extremely strong and they are not scraping the bottom of the barrel for cash as he frames it

This is purely Disney announcing something a decade ahead of time which they do all the time

I mean
what’s the hate? They have literally made SM at Disneyland mostly broken and so it can’t get much worst
This was my dads favorite ride of all time. I have a lot of great memories with him on this ride. My dad has passed on and knowing this ride will no longer be the same as it was before saddens me deeply. I know it’s silly to feel this way for a ride but that’s just how I feel about it. The songs in the ride reminds me of my childhood. So many great memories. I’ve never see the princess and the frog. I’m sure it’s a nice film but I have zero interest in watching it. Oversell, this change will hinder my experience at Magic Kingdom.

This was my dads favorite ride of all time. I have a lot of great memories with him on this ride. My dad has passed on and knowing this ride will no longer be the same as it was before saddens me deeply. I know it’s silly to feel this way for a ride but that’s just how I feel about it. The songs in the ride reminds me of my childhood. So many great memories. I’ve never see the princess and the frog. I’m sure it’s a nice film but I have zero interest in watching it. Oversell, this change will hinder my experience at Magic Kingdom.
Perfectly reasonable to feel saddened by it leaving

I don't agree with the Twitter police that are so quick to bash people that are fond of the ride in its current form

I personally feel nothing towards Disney rides so I couldn't care less...but I empathize with your feelings

I wonder if they’ll wait until after NYE crowds to close the ride or if it’ll just close as soon as TRON opens, assuming it opens this year.

Also, the name is fairly bad. It’s lazy imo.

I wonder if they’ll wait until after NYE crowds to close the ride or if it’ll just close as soon as TRON opens, assuming it opens this year.
Yes I’d like to know the closing date so I can plan my final trip to Disney… Not that it will even hold the jockstrap of the original ride anyway, but it’s just an extra kick in the pants that they’re not even keeping ‘mountain’ in the title. Sad. Very sad.

I get both sides of the name argument:

Splash Mountain with a Tiana subtitle would probably work the best to bridge the old and new. Let the new ride take the mantle and reclaim the name.

But also Splash Mountain and Song of the South are entwined and starting fresh won't bring over baggage.

Agreed. This way you claim no responsibility for the fans who will call it Splash. But the next generation of fans will call it by this name. It’s probably their smartest play.

Reactions: imagin78