Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No one is going to call it that. No one.

I wouldn’t hate this if this was the subtitle, (Splash Mountain: Tiana’s Bayou Adventure), but everyone is going to call the ride by what has stuck for years: Splash Mountain.

Even for us Bay Areans, we still call Flight Deck "Top Gun" at CGA even though Paramount no longer owns the park.

The blah name is probably due to Disney wanting to have it easily translatable. While simple and snappy in English, Splash Mountain is hard to localize.

If this refurb is worth its weight then I imagine Disney would have to close it in early 2023 for rework. If I was Disney announce the closure over a holiday weekend where reservations are already out, so you can then guarantee no issues.

The blah name is probably due to Disney wanting to have it easily translatable. While simple and snappy in English, Splash Mountain is hard to localize.

If this refurb is worth its weight then I imagine Disney would have to close it in early 2023 for rework. If I was Disney announce the closure over a holiday weekend where reservations are already out, so you can then guarantee no issues.
The name is very, very similar to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. Almost exact when you break it down. It's almost a copy and paste formula.

First word: Main Character Name
Second Word: What Word Best Describes the movie the ride is based on?
Third Word: Insert buzz word such as Adventure, Journey, Run/Runaway, etc. All descriptive action words.

The problem with this name is that it's not a name that I think I ever can hear myself saying out loud. Just say the name to yourselves out loud for a second. It sounds like a subtitle. Princess and the Frog: Tiana's Bayou Adventure, sounds WAY better as the average guest can shorten it down to "the Princess and the Frog ride".

Reactions: Tbad556 and Alicia
The name is very, very similar to Remy's Ratatouille Adventure. Almost exact when you break it down. It's almost a copy and past formula.

First word: Main Character Name
Second Word: What Word Best Describes the movie the ride is based on?
Third Word: Insert buzz word such as Adventure, Journey, Run/Runaway, etc. All descriptive action words.

The problem with this name is that it's not a name that I think I ever can hear myself saying out loud. Just say the name to yourselves out loud for a second. It sounds like a subtitle. Princess and the Frog: Tiana's Bayou Adventure, sounds WAY better as the average guest can shorten it down to "the Princess and the Frog ride".
It’s still insane that Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure is real.

and....that becomes 'Hagrid's' or 'Hagrid's Coaster' to most park guests....They just ignore the over imaginative Creatives/Imagineers...... :lol:
Names are funny, Like most people when they talk about cars land main attraction they say do you want to ride cars. Radiator Springs Racers is seldom used in my experience.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I’m obviously not the only guy who is baffled by the title, since the word “Adventure” is so commonly used as a cliché, and rather want Disney to retain the original or at least expand it like “Bayou Splash Mountain” or “Tiana’s Splash Mountain.”

What I’m hoping the most is once they’re done with the retheming, is they expand the park between Frointerland and Adventureland as a bridge with a Mini-New Orleans Square theme area in order to make the upcoming attraction look and feel cohesive if possible. Could be the best way to fix that problem, since the Princess & The Frog isn’t western-related and neither is Song of the South.

I’m highly surprised that “Mountain” (despite there being no mountains in Louisiana) isn’t still part of the name in some way.

Magic Kingdom’s mountain range will be down to two.

Actually, there is one mountain in Louisiana if you go up north of the state close from Arkansas and Texas while everywhere else don’t have them. Not accurate, but close enough.

It'll be 4.5 years since announcement by the time this opens so right in line with the typical Disney timeline. :lol: Oh well. Tiana, here we come!

Splash Mountain Bayou would've flowed even better. OR....

"Mardi Gras (Splash) Mountain of Frontierland, New Orleans" featuring Princess & the Frog!
Part of me they would have just added "Tiana's Bayou Adventure" as a tagline to Splash Mountain

Splash Mountain: Tiana's Bayou Adventure

The bones of the original ride will still very much be there if my hunches are correct

Reactions: Jamesh22
Yikes, this happened a few days ago, but the news has recently reported it. This is like the third time now that a log has sunk at WDW Splash Mountain. This is becoming a sign of lack of maintenance and is a safety concern.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts