Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening June 28, 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I figured tbh.
They sent out an email for AP’s that hold park reservations for preview days pretty much saying “A boarding group doesn’t guarantee access to the ride.”

This sounds like one of the most disastrous openings of any new Disney Attraction in a LONG time.
That's the standard legal language with the virtual queue every day. And while it was already a ride, there's bound to be a lot of getting everything humming again after sitting empty for so long. It isn't at a RotR, Hagrids, or Gringotts level of issues yet.

FYI, I have heard Disneyland's Tiana is having similar operational problems already.
Have they even put water back in yet?

Reactions: Jake S
I rode this yesterday and it's so good! I'm a big Princess and the Frog fan so take this with a grain of salt as I was thrilled just to hear musical cues and references to a movie I've always felt has been underrated since it's release. But as a theme park fan and Disney park fan especially, of course I thought Splash Mountain was the best version of a flume to exist.

But it really felt that in the years that they closed Splash, they've been busy with the beautification of this month. It just looks so lush and pretty. The AAs, of course, were stellar and since I'd avoided a lot of spoilers, it was nice to see just so many of them there were and how wonderfully fluid they moved.

Of course, I would've loved a classic retelling of the story. But this version of the ride is plenty fun and joyous and seems like it hits all the right notes that will make this fun for kids, fans of the characters, and those who are glad to have this ride back in the park with this new theme.

Rode it earlier today... it's just ok.

Lots of "dead" spots and areas you can tell they left the same as Splash. Animatronics are great, and (arguably) the best collection inside of a single WDW attraction?

Biggest issue with the attraction is that there is no anticipation towards the drop, and the lack of Facilier is just bizarre, such an easy character to add here. The entire scene prior to the drop (including the lift hill) is quite bland.

Overall it's just ok, not an improvement, but it isn't terrible.

I dunno, guys. I'm glad so many of you are enjoying it, but I feel like I'm looking at a different attraction.

I'm sure I'll have more comprehensive thoughts when I get a chance to ride Disneyland's (which may be an improvement on WDW's thanks to the briefer track layout), but we'll see.

@Alicia calling Splash Mountain "hokey" is a knife to the heart!
Bear butts and clacking AAs with a rabbit on a stick had its charm don’t get me wrong, but it was a hokey old fashioned ride charm. The way Peter Pan is super old fashioned but in a more 80s level campy way.

One thing no one talks about is how the ceilings are themed now in most inside scenes, and hide show lighting really well. That’s what I meant when I said better sets and more immersive. More themed no matter where you look, which also makes the interior scenes feel more intimate, as it brought down the ceiling level a bit and expanded the walls in to add all the new foliage and scenery. All a plus for making it feel more full and less empty… which is strangely the biggest complaint I’ve seen.

It did not feel empty to me, at all.

My daughter who is not on any boards like this as she is 13 apparently has heard nothing but good things I assume from her friend group. We were talking about APs and what we miss and don't miss as my in-laws miss Disney and don't plan to renew Universal. I said I don't know I miss parts, but we will keep Uni until well past Epic opening. My daughter piped in and said, "Tiana ride sounds really good, everyone seems to really like it". Guess that was her version of "Sure we could do Disney again" :lmao:

Reactions: Alicia