Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024) | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Bayou Adventure (Opening Summer 2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
8DCA5BC3-71E8-4D01-AC8B-637D929168D8.jpeg
Model of the WDW version of the ride

Hope Disneyland gets the boat on top of the hill like in the concert art

got this from mice chat

Per a placard at D23, this is supposedly the storyline of the attraction:

“To celebrate Carnival season, Princess Tiana is hosting a party for the people of New Orleans. When she discovers her celebration is missing a key ingredient, she requests the help of guests to find it. Familiar faces join Tiana and guests on an adventure to the bayou, where they meet unexpected new friends who have a special role to play at the party.”

While perhaps not reflective of what the energy of the ride will be, that's written in an quite passive way.

Anyway, D23 info also indicates there will be un-numbered "animatronics" (a low bar to clear, and Disney would never announce "There will be very few animatronics!") and we'll meet "16 new characters." New to the PRINCESS AND THE FROG story, or new to the Splash Mountain infrastructure?

Reactions: Alicia
Per a placard at D23, this is supposedly the storyline of the attraction:

“To celebrate Carnival season, Princess Tiana is hosting a party for the people of New Orleans. When she discovers her celebration is missing a key ingredient, she requests the help of guests to find it. Familiar faces join Tiana and guests on an adventure to the bayou, where they meet unexpected new friends who have a special role to play at the party.”

While perhaps not reflective of what the energy of the ride will be, that's written in an quite passive way.

Anyway, D23 info also indicates there will be un-numbered "animatronics" (a low bar to clear, and Disney would never announce "There will be very few animatronics!") and we'll meet "16 new characters." New to the PRINCESS AND THE FROG story, or new to the Splash Mountain infrastructure?

That story sounds so bland and uninspired…but I guess if you got reductive enough that’s how the current Splash Mountain story sounds too. Still a bleh from me for now.

Reports are now indicating that the model shown there is, in fact, the Disneyland version (the logs are single-file seating, which should have tipped us off), and MK's will omit the water tower in favor the boat in the tree as seen in the original concept art.

I don't particularly like the water tower, so I'll take that trade-off if it's accurate.

That story sounds so bland and uninspired…but I guess if you got reductive enough that’s how the current Splash Mountain story sounds too. Still a bleh from me for now.

There's a distinct lack of conflict in that synopsis for a semi-thrill ride. Not every ride needs to have strong conflict per se, but when I think of most of my favorites (including Splash Mountain), there is usually at least some kind of antagonistic force, and it would have been nice if the new ride's story was hinting at such intrigue.

As it stands, it doesn't sound like much thought has been put into it beyond "Make sure we check all the boxes of all the characters we think guests want to see." Which borders on a kind of laziness that reminds me of Frozen Ever After.

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
Is there a water tower in the movie? I don't remember one, am I being gaslit?

There's a distinct lack of conflict in that synopsis for a semi-thrill ride. Not every ride needs to have strong conflict per se, but when I think of most of my favorites (including Splash Mountain), there is usually at least some kind of antagonistic force, and it would have been nice if the new ride's story was hinting at such intrigue.

As it stands, it doesn't sound like much thought has been put into it beyond "Make sure we check all the boxes of all the characters we think guests want to see." Which borders on a kind of laziness that reminds me of Frozen Ever After.
There's definitely a build up to the drop that the current ride does well.

You know it's coming and the ride gets more dark and foreboding as you go along.

If the drop is inconsequential to the plot line then that's very disappointing.

I'm still holding out hope that Dr. Facilier shows up and things get spooky.

Reactions: belloq87
Reports are now indicating that the model shown there is, in fact, the Disneyland version (the logs are single-file seating, which should have tipped us off), and MK's will omit the water tower in favor the boat in the tree as seen in the original concept art.

I don't particularly like the water tower, so I'll take that trade-off if it's accurate.

The concept art video that shows the night and day comparisons is WDW version (two seater logs) and it has the after tower and doesn’t include the Tree or Boat.

Reactions: Alicia
I'm still holding out hope that Dr. Facilier shows up and things get spooky.

It would have been really easy to hint at his presence in that synopsis, too. Add a line like "... but an old foe from the past threatens to put the entire day in jeopardy!"

Simple.

The concept art video that shows the night and day comparisons is WDW version (two seater logs) and it has the after tower and doesn’t include the Tree or Boat.

Bloggers have reported that the Imagineering reps working that booth have been telling them what I said earlier.

But I guess we'll find out for sure next year!

Reactions: shiekra38
The only thing that I like about the exterior changes is the addition of trees to the loop from that initial lift to the second lift (visible from the guest bridge). The water with fake thorn branches was okay but adding these trees will dress up that area in my opinion. Beyond that, meh.

Reactions: tielo and belloq87
It would have been really easy to hint at his presence in that synopsis, too. Add a line like "... but an old foe from the past threatens to put the entire day in jeopardy!"

Simple.

Bloggers have reported that the Imagineering reps working that booth have been telling them what I said earlier.

But I guess we'll find out for sure next year!

Idk where that rumor started but it was just shot down.

Reactions: belloq87 and Nico
The only thing that I like about the exterior changes is the addition of trees to the loop from that initial lift to the second lift (visible from the guest bridge). The water with fake thorn branches was okay but adding these trees will dress up that area in my opinion. Beyond that, meh.
I'm glad Imagineering made all of those trips New Orleans to figure out there are cypress trees there