Ticket Price Increases For Disney | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Ticket Price Increases For Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
MK is the only complete park.

The others should actually cost much less. At Epcot, you're essentially paying $90 admission to a food and beverage festival.
I think MK and Epcot are the best, and most worth your money. I actually prefer Epcot. Definitely my favorite Disney park. Still, I think the charging extra for MK is dumb.

MK is easily the most complete park at WDW, and in turn most worth the money. Not $95 worth, but still worth much more than the other 3.

Just another reason I will not be riding the Dwarves mine train as I let my Disney passes expire in 3 more months.

Honestly, one day at Magic Kingdom is not worth $95. More than half the rides are outdated, slow, and boring. The park is way over capacity every day of the summer and waiting in 90 minute lines sucks if you're only going for a day. Food is overpriced and isn't even that great.

Same goes for every theme park. Maybe if tickets were $70, it'd be okay. Heck, a typical amusement park is only $30. I know the quality between an amusement park and theme park is a great difference, but it's amazing how much more expensive Disney World is than everything else.

I still love Disney World, but looks like I won't be visiting anytime again soon (went last year, family spent at least $4,000 for only four days).

Honestly, one day at Magic Kingdom is not worth $95. More than half the rides are outdated, slow, and boring. The park is way over capacity every day of the summer and waiting in 90 minute lines sucks if you're only going for a day. Food is overpriced and isn't even that great.

Same goes for every theme park. Maybe if tickets were $70, it'd be okay. Heck, a typical amusement park is only $30. I know the quality between an amusement park and theme park is a great difference, but it's amazing how much more expensive Disney World is than everything else.

I still love Disney World, but looks like I won't be visiting anytime again soon (went last year, family spent at least $4,000 for only four days).

When Cedar Fair the rollercoaster mecca of the east is only $45 for an adult ticket, Six Flags Magic Mountain the west coast largest coaster congregation is $39.99-64.99 for a base day, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg the debatable best theme park on the east cost outside of Orlando has a base day at $70 it starts to make going else where REALLY appetizing.

On the Annual Pass argument, if you're on monthly it's only like $1.60 extra a month. However if you pay in bulk it's an extra $20ish.

Parking I didn't realize was all over the place. I know at one point it was the same throughout the Orlando. I think at SeaWorld it's $12 or $13. Universal had $15 before Disney, and Disney now is at the $15 rate. Oh and FunSpot is free. Can't forget FunSpot.

When Cedar Fair the rollercoaster mecca of the east is only $45 for an adult ticket, Six Flags Magic Mountain the west coast largest coaster congregation is $39.99-64.99 for a base day, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg the debatable best theme park on the east cost outside of Orlando has a base day at $70 it starts to make going else where REALLY appetizing.

Do you really want to travel to any of those places though?

Williamsburg is the only one I'd even consider spending a vacation at, but that's because there are plenty of historical attractions within driving distance.

Disney and Universal are so expensive because they're better than everyone else and are destination resorts.

Williamsburg is the only one I'd even consider spending a vacation at, but that's because there are plenty of historical attractions within driving distance.

Disney and Universal are so expensive because they're better than everyone else and are destination resorts.

Exactly, it is hard to compare a regional park to parks that have national and even international draw.

My point was if someone lives in the region they can easily justify going to their home park, maybe even getting Annual Passes and putting Disney and Orlando off for a year.

I however would go to all of those places as vacations if I could. I haven't been to Williamsburg in almost a decade, and have never been to Magic Mountain or Cedar Point.

Exactly, it is hard to compare a regional park to parks that have national and even international draw.

But locals aren't the key driver for Orlando parks. The people who fly/drive from all over to come to the parks are. And as pointed out it's cheaper for them to go local.

That being said, yes I would travel to any of these locations. Williamsburg has a great history angle, as well as an amazing theme park and water park. Cedar Point has great coasters, which obviously should have a draw from people on this site since I often see posts that there aren't enough thrill rides. And Magic Mountain also has great coasters, and is nice and close to the better Disney park.

And to say Disney and Universal are better is a statement of WDWMagic fan boy levels. They do immerse theme, shows and sit down dining better. Beyond that, not really. Regional parks tend to have more rides spread across all age ranges.

I've been to several Six Flags parks since they tried to turn things around a few years back. Their guest comfort level is WAY better then any Orlando park. They enforce their smoking areas better, they have less trash on the ground, they have far more trash and recycling cans out there. You can interact with their characters without getting a fast pass 3 hours ahead of time. They offer both generic theme park food as well as brands you know. They care about their pass holders and offer them perks.

And to say Disney and Universal are better is a statement of WDWMagic fan boy levels. They do immerse theme, shows and sit down dining better. Beyond that, not really. Regional parks tend to have more rides spread across all age ranges.

Not really. I freaking love Busch Gardens Williamsburg and visit 1 or 2 times a year. It's a great park.

But it's not as good as Universal or Disney, sorry. If you're not a roller coaster fan, your options are limited to a single, incomprehensible dark ride, a terrible Soarin' knokoff, or kiddie flat rides. The coasters are great, don't get me wrong. And the food is as well. But it doesn't have well rounded offerings like the big 2.

As for Six Flags, my local one is fine for a day. But it certainly is not more comfortable, and they certainly don't do a better job of keeping the parks clean.

You also have to understand if you do make a trip to Cedar Point you are going one or two days, not 4 or more. When you start buying passes from Disney for 4 or more days it is no longer $90 a park.