Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ticket, RIP Tours, and Pass Information

I used the plan that was posted here last year for a thurs night with Express and followed their suggested route and it worked great for me saw all the houses and the Bill and Ted in one night and was done by 10pm with a stay and scream...was a whole lot of walking so not planning on trying to do all that again this year...getting too old for that much walking in one night...hoping to do rush of fear and one night of express to have one full night and 3 nights I can go back and do one or 2 houses I missed or again. IDK who posted the route last year but whoever it was did a great job. Im hoping they will do it again too

Jimpossible you did it with or with out express?, It can be done but as you said it is a lot of walking at a pace that takes the fun away. Was there any house anyone wants to see this year they will stand in a line 3 hours for ?

We have for the last several years done it in one night. usually the thurs night or Wed when we are there for one. Last year was Thurs (1st week of oct) we had stay and scream with express. we followed the route posted and started at the kidzone holding area. We didn't use the express until after the 3rd house,didnt need it. (My parents were 64 last year so we aren't very speedy but they love it so I grin and bear it.) we did the first 4 houses on the right side of the park then made the 1st showing of Bill and Ted to use Express. Then we did Walking Dead and the houses on the other side (the way back all the way to IOA houses(silent hill was way out) were at the end of the list after the 2 behind RRR) Not being any scare zones last year it didn't seem like there was much else to see...we only ran into the "hordes" a couple times and twice it was the teen boys with swords which were a meh IMO. Hoping for better street experiences this year. Anyway we started before 6 when they let the holding areas start with the 1st 2 houses behind Barney and were finished with the last one before 10pm. we rested a few times and we ate at Monster café for a break before the last epic walk behind the RRR but we managed.

This year I am hoping to just get express for Thurs and use rush passes and save a couple houses for other nights. walking from RRR to seuss landing after circling the park is too much for me and cant imagine how my parents get through it all.

I still havnt found an answer to my question tho about the Rush passes. anyone know if you have to exit the park and re enter with ROF or can you do the holding area like with stay n scream?

You can only enter the park if you have early access or already in the park. ROF will only get you into HHN If you are in the park and have a ROF you can stay in the holding area..October Fade and his GF had the ROF last year and early entry and you get to stay in holding area of the park you are in. We were there first Thursday in Oct. But if you didn't have that express after 3rd you would have hit those long lines they had that night when you got to the other side. Walking dead House Line was just insane as was the Studio houses. The year before was one of the slowest first Thursdays I had seen in a while and last years was the worst I had ever seen. I do one night at HHN and one at HOS (back to back Nights) after all that walking on thursday and Friday I am wore out...HOS walking it worse then HHN park is insane in size.

I wasnt sure I will be there that whole week and i will already be in the park anyway but since this is the 1st time my tickets werent going to be the traditional stay n scream ones I wasnt sure if you could stay in the hold areas. So thats good for me. I am going to buy Rush of fear today since that will cover all of the nights available to me during my trip and then decide on which day I will do an express on. Yes we were there the same night then I guess. The houses on the other side were insane for that Thurs night I couldnt believe it even the express line was kind of gross. But we still made it through all of it. people say the friday is better than the Thursday now so Im not sure what to do yet but im deciding today

What would be the best option for me for the 28th of September, going by myself!

Be in the studios at closing...when the let you "release the hounds" head to one of the sound stage house...jet line it to the parade building which exits you by the entrance to the tent over there, which in turn exits you to the entrance to the other tent (by MIB), you can so the disaster que house or take in bill and ted....from that point you only have 4-3 house left to do and it wont be 8 o'clock yet!

This is what I do...

I updated this thread to include all the new Express information that was released today. I'll update again when RIP and UnMasking information comes out.

I used the plan that was posted here last year for a thurs night with Express and followed their suggested route and it worked great for me saw all the houses and the Bill and Ted in one night and was done by 10pm with a stay and scream...was a whole lot of walking so not planning on trying to do all that again this year...getting too old for that much walking in one night...hoping to do rush of fear and one night of express to have one full night and 3 nights I can go back and do one or 2 houses I missed or again. IDK who posted the route last year but whoever it was did a great job. Im hoping they will do it again too

We did the same thing but started at the Soundstage houses and worked our way around clockwise and was finished will all the houses, B&T and 7 Penny Circus around the same time, with no express. Only downside is I felt like I was going commando style and rushing around and not enjoying the event. I was so exhausted by that point we decide to call it a night and leave around 11. This was also towards the end of the month on the 27th on a Saturday night

Last edited:
yeah its really an exhausting night when you have to do al that backstage walking with or without express...Express makes the wait so much shorter but not the walks...we can only say it was less rushed because we had time to rest here and there in between because of the express but its still too much for one night when you get to be of a certain age lol. We will do the express our first night and see as much as we can but with the rush passes this year I will have 3 other nights so I dont mind doing 1 or 2 on the other nights instead of going crazy to see everything in one night again. I want to enjoy the atmosphere and maybe do the Legendary Truth game this time

can somebody tell me how the annual passholder night works? and whatever night it is do you have to buy a HHN ticket for it? because i was thinking about getting a rush pass $60 for all those nights cant beat that. unless somebody can tell me different ides

Frequent Fear and Rush of Fear passes are up with Express now. Still waiting for tour and early entry... looked back last year and it looks like they were around the end of August.

Hi guys, first time poster!

Thanks for all the info so far it has been a great help in planning our trip over in Sept/Oct from the UK. We are looking to get an annual pass as we will be visiting again in April and I know if I buy one now it will only be activated when we first use it. If I get the voucher will it allow me to apply the AP discount on the ROF pass or will I have to wait until i'm in Orlando to purchase the ROF?

Cheers!

Thanks for all the info so far it has been a great help in planning our trip over in Sept/Oct from the UK. We are looking to get an annual pass as we will be visiting again in April and I know if I buy one now it will only be activated when we first use it. If I get the voucher will it allow me to apply the AP discount on the ROF pass or will I have to wait until i'm in Orlando to purchase the ROF?

Cheers!

:welcome: aboard!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong and there's another way, but as far as I know, in order to buy AP discounted tickets, you need to log in to their online system using the code number on your pass, so that means you need to have your AP before being able to purchase them. There is also the AP Hotline (1-866-PASS-4-FUN), where you might be able to buy AP-discounted tickets, but I've never personally tried that method.

Then there's the question of whether they would consider buying AP discounted tickets now as activating it, which would be before your visit and you'd have less time to use your AP after your first actual visit. I have no idea on that front, but I think you might as well purchase your AP-discounted RoF pass once you're here. I don't think those ever sell out anyways, so it's not like you have to worry about not being able to get one :thumbs:

If you've purchased an AP but are planning on picking it up then you could probably call the Annual Pass hotline. If you're going to be getting an Annual Pass the time of your trip what I recommend you do is purchase your tickets when you pick up your Annual Pass at City Walk Guest Services, which tends to have a much shorter line.

Cheers!

You can use the ap discount , you should have a confirmation # associated with your ap pass. You
will have to call to use it though.

Thanks guys! Will probably go with the option to buy at Citywalk when picking AP up and hope RoF isn't sold out.

Trip can't come quick enough now :happy:

Are they running behind on tour tickets right now? I'm anxious to purchase my tickets.

Also, are the tours limited to a certain size? Not sure if they ever sell out.