Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's limited time

Also Disneyland added characters...people cared for a minute and no one cares ride is as poplar as ever in modern times

Like the point of the ride is to connect people adding modern characters as long as they are themed to me doesn't hurt the attraction it just draws more people.

I gave my PERSONAL opinion I don't really see your point ???

Which you are certainly entitled to, but you dismissed others because it "doesn't affect us" which is a chintzy dismissal of our opinion. (which also isn't really true because we're more than able to travel that way).

Either way - it can't come to Orlando, but the door is open for Cali; which I (and seemingly a few others around here) wouldn't want to see; and this just means it's a possible step in that direction.

I'm all for fun change, but this just seems... forced.

It's limited time

Also Disneyland added characters...people cared for a minute and no one cares ride is as poplar as ever in modern times

Like the point of the ride is to connect people adding modern characters as long as they are themed to me doesn't hurt the attraction it just draws more people.
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Reactions: GA-MBIT
It's limited time

That was people bitching because "Disney is a museum" and IASW is the original World's Fair one that Disney laid hands on - but it made sense so children can connect the characters they're familiar with the countries/regions represented.

Last I checked... Groot is from the wonderful country of... Planet X.

That was people bitching because "Disney is a museum" and IASW is the original World's Fair one that Disney laid hands on - but it made sense so children can connect the characters they're familiar with the countries/regions represented.

Last I checked... Groot is from the wonderful country of... Planet X.
I mean Stitch is at Disneyland...and little Mermaid...a wood puppet....tinker bell

So if they did decide to add some of these Marvel Characters to SM at Disneyland, I'm fine with it as long as its still 99% "normal" dolls then I'm good.

I would also not mind Disneyland version America section be updated the Farm section has always been very underwhelming since it was added (the western side with Woody is good)

I mean Stitch is at Disneyland...and little Mermaid...a wood puppet....tinker bell

So if they did decide to add some of these Marvel Characters to SM at Disneyland, I'm fine with it as long as its still 99% "normal" dolls then I'm good.

I would also not mind Disneyland version America section be updated the Farm section has always been very underwhelming since it was added (the western side with Woody is good)

Stitch resides in Hawaii, Mermaid is Dutch waters, Pinocchio is a German village, and Tinkerbell is British. Yes, they are fictional characters from fictional settings, but there are very strong ties to a specific location.

There is 0 connection of Groot to Earth, let alone any country.

And even if we ignore all that, what diversity do we have? Black Panther in Africa, Thor in Norway (I guess?), and everyone else from the good ol' USA?

It's also not lost on me that adding Marvel Characters kinda goes against the whole principal theme of the ride. Adding War Machine to a ride about holding hands and singing for peace and love is weird AF.

It all just screams "We got the Marvel rights now, let's just throw stuff together and see what sticks."

It's also not lost on me that adding Marvel Characters kinda goes against the whole principal theme of the ride. Adding War Machine to a ride about holding hands and singing for peace and love is weird AF.
This is the most jarring thing for me. The Avengers are, effectively, a paramilitary force (they're certainly booted and suited that way!) and the MCU (sorta) deals with the fallout of American Imperialism. So, putting those characters from those movies on a ride that is ostensibly about world peace makes it seem like They Don't Get The Show.