Tomorrowland re-do? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Tomorrowland re-do?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It does look like Disney is strategically emphasizing certain projects for both coasts so they can tackle both Tomorrowland's at the same time.

For MK, fully building out the western side of the park will alleviate capacity concerns when you start shutting down and replacing attractions.
  • Cars will replace the interest in driving for kids, allowing the Speedway land to be utilized for Fantasyland/Tomorrowland projects.
  • Monsters, Inc. at DHS makes MILF repetitive. (I like this attraction, so I hope it's relocated to DHS though)
  • Adding a Villains coaster and a Cars (semi-thrill ride) will reduce capacity constraints from a Space Mountain closure.
For Disneyland, I think strategically they need to think through how they plan on using the Subs/Autopia land before expanding to the DL Forward land. It seems like they're emphasizing a build out of DCA first to give them time to figure out/finalize a concept for Tomorrowland. For DCA, it makes sense to expand across the street, but DL has a lot of room to play with in the eastern side of the park first.

Regarding timeline, Disney said everything announced will be opened within 5 years, making 2029 their deadline so we could see something major in Tomorrowland happen as early as 2030.

Reactions: belloq87
It does look like Disney is strategically emphasizing certain projects for both coasts so they can tackle both Tomorrowland's at the same time.

For MK, fully building out the western side of the park will alleviate capacity concerns when you start shutting down and replacing attractions.
  • Cars will replace the interest in driving for kids, allowing the Speedway land to be utilized for Fantasyland/Tomorrowland projects.
  • Monsters, Inc. at DHS makes MILF repetitive. (I like this attraction, so I hope it's relocated to DHS though)
  • Adding a Villains coaster and a Cars (semi-thrill ride) will reduce capacity constraints from a Space Mountain closure.
For Disneyland, I think strategically they need to think through how they plan on using the Subs/Autopia land before expanding to the DL Forward land. It seems like they're emphasizing a build out of DCA first to give them time to figure out/finalize a concept for Tomorrowland. For DCA, it makes sense to expand across the street, but DL has a lot of room to play with in the eastern side of the park first.

Regarding timeline, Disney said everything announced will be opened within 5 years, making 2029 their deadline so we could see something major in Tomorrowland happen as early as 2030.
I like what @Alicia was saying on her podcast regarding Tomorrowland and that’s that everything happening now could essentially be a rearranging of sorts.

Let’s say they move Laugh Floor to DHS and close Speedway after Cars area opens, and Stitch is still empty, you’re almost looking at a blank slate to play with for the future of Tomorrowland aside from Tron, Space, and CoP. Huge opportunity to fix the land and essentially expand its ride count, while ALSO giving some modernization to CoP and Space Mountain.

It’s really too bad The Fantastic Four can’t be used here, but I guess The Incredibles aren’t a bad option with similar aesthetic as F4: First Steps.

Last edited:
So this comes from Moth, who runs the Rumor Tracker over on WDWMagic, and they've just shared some interesting details they've heard:
  • Laugh Floor potentially on the chopping block for after Monstropolis opens.

• Space Ranger Spin is being eyed for a retheme.

• Assuming Romulus doesn't bomb, a familiar Alien might begin terrorizing Tomorrowland's theater-in-the-round.

• Speedway is now on the chopping block due to Cars.
If Alien Encounter can come back, I want Delta Dreamflight back. You know what, and Timekeeper while we’re at it.

In all seriousness though, would love to see a large futuristic play area replace speedway. WDW needs more and The Boneyard and Tom Sawyer were the best they had. Maybe theme it to Stitch or something. Throw in a flat or two since speedway is a lot of space. Make it something for little ones to do while big siblings ride Tron and Space Mountain (besides waiting in line an hour for Astro Orbiter).

I'm not going to provide specifics as to what IPs to choose , but removing Speedway provides an additional expansion area for Fantasyland. Ideally a higher-capacity Peter Pan's flight. I also think critical to MK's future is a necessary improvement to the bypass area for Main Street that is permanent. With a future night parade, it's critical they make it a better experience than what it currently is. 1723651156826.png

I'm always surprised by how freaking huge Magic Kingdom is in comparison to Disneyland. That extra 20-30 acres really makes a big difference.

Reactions: belloq87
I'm not going to provide specifics as to what IPs to choose , but removing Speedway provides an additional expansion area for Fantasyland. Ideally a higher-capacity Peter Pan's flight. I also think critical to MK's future is a necessary improvement to the bypass area for Main Street that is permanent. With a future night parade, it's critical they make it a better experience than what it currently is. View attachment 22981
I was thinking potentially a Alice dark ride, but moving building a new Peter Pan dark ride that’s even more advanced than SHDL’s and then that would open up the Pan slot for some other dark ride to fill it’s space.

Tangled is the obvious first thing that comes to mind since it’s near the Tangled restrooms.

I'm always surprised by how freaking huge Magic Kingdom is in comparison to Disneyland. That extra 20-30 acres really makes a big difference.
Down the road If we want to access even more space for expansion, moving IASW to Epcot is an obvious way to go too that Disneyland doesn’t have as there’s quite a bit of land that’s inaccessible behind IASW that would be ripe for expansion.

Reactions: Jake S