Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

We can only hope (if they were pursuing the Sugar Rush concept).

FWIW Jim Hill thinks the project is still happening, but not until WRECK-IT RALPH 2 is finished and released.

The irony if Mario is the biggest selling point of that movie.

Edit: Reading through this post made me realise that I miss @IzzyB posting here. She always had great local tips for traveling to Orlando.

Jim Hill said they can't do any of the filmed segments for the ride as Ralph 2 is still being made and they don't have the time to do any of ride sequences, once that is done they can shift over.

I can totally see and would really like to see this happen, but what does that mean for the land clearing and permits that have already been issued for UoE at Epcot? A different ride system altogether for GotG?

Whatever they bulldoze the Speedway for, TDO would do well to leave an opening for future expansion behind the Speedway and Space Mountain.

I'd rather see TRON go in the space behind Speedway/Space and see the Speedway used for either something like Discovery Bay or Wonderland/Neverland mini-lands (Pooh taking over the Tea Cups/Cheshire Café area, Neverland on the side closest to Storybook Circus, Wonderland closer to Tomorrowland with a fitting transition)

I had heard there was an intention to bring Breakout somewhere but not sacrificing ToT to do it, so it could be possible they build a version specific to WDW and the building could be designed differently perhaps ? Who knows tbh what they are going to do.

I would think that if Guardians was going to come in the form seen from DCA, they wouldn't need to re-route those canals.

I really do hope that if Tron is a sure thing; they revamp the design of Tomorrowland.

Please don't die. We need your pictures and you seem like a nice person.

Tron would definitely be a huge addition to Tomorrowland. The Speedway is outdated as those rides don't have the same appeal. It was shortened too many times and is also stinky.
Oh I'm all for Tron coming to Tomorrowland. Think it's still a great idea for Disneyland as well, since they still have dormant overhead tracks taking up space for no reason. I just don't know what to expect the Guardians ride system to be now.

And don't worry, if I die, my ghost will still do video and photo updates.

Update!

A reliable source is saying this is confirmed and will be an addition and not a replacement and that Speedway will also get a new theme! Says all will be revealed at D23 tomorrow.... So Sugar Rush or Cars most likely...

Update!

A reliable source is saying this is confirmed and will be an addition and not a replacement and that Speedway will also get a new theme! Says all will be revealed at D23 tomorrow.... So Sugar Rush or Cars most likely...
D23 starts Friday though?