Toon Lagoon Stage | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Toon Lagoon Stage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The theater and the carnival games are just terrible. The whole area is ugly and uninteresting, and you get backstage views. It is the worst part of IOA and it breaks all theme. I wouldn't mind a Toon Lagoon expansion here with a new dark-ride and some cool new "tooney" buildings. In fact, that's exactly what I want. No more water rides!

They will never do anything with Iron Man. They would never get rights to the costume design from the movies, and people would want/expect to see that design. Ditto CA. Now there might be a clause in their contract for such "designs" but I doubt it would fly as they were recreated after the fact. Disney would fight them tooth and nail.

A number of concerts for "Rock the Universe" are supposedly going in that theater, so maybe they were setting up for that?

Rock the Universe isn't in IOA
You have the Music Plaza stage and the Hollywood Stage. The FanZone is over by New York I believe. There is also a worship service at FFL.

Rock the Universe isn't in IOA
You have the Music Plaza stage and the Hollywood Stage. The FanZone is over by New York I believe. There is also a worship service at FFL.

Either way, it doesn't excuse the total waste of space that is the main entrance to Toon Lagoon :lol:

That area is used for meetings and special events, like Spirit Cheerleading, and we just had an event in there Friday night. It is definitely not used to its full potential, but it is used. There is absolutely no reason another show couldn't go in there, and just shut it down when needed for other events, like we do with Fear Factor. We haven't had Matt Hoffman's Aggro Circus in there the past year or so.

That area is used for meetings and special events, like Spirit Cheerleading, and we just had an event in there Friday night. It is definitely not used to its full potential, but it is used. There is absolutely no reason another show couldn't go in there, and just shut it down when needed for other events, like we do with Fear Factor. We haven't had Matt Hoffman's Aggro Circus in there the past year or so.

But I mean actually theming the area to a vibrant Toon Lagoon-centric area :look: X-Games and cheerleading have nothing to do with comic strips or old cartoons. Get Scooby or Bullwinkle in that whole games/theater area - a small show, a family dark ride, and a flat ride with a nice facade blocking off the backstage parts

They will never do anything with Iron Man. They would never get rights to the costume design from the movies, and people would want/expect to see that design. Ditto CA. Now there might be a clause in their contract for such "designs" but I doubt it would fly as they were recreated after the fact. Disney would fight them tooth and nail.

Yeah I figured that expanding Marvel might not be possible because of Disney. I just think expanding the Marvel area to the theater would work better than using it for Toon Lagoon.

Probably not a likely scenario, but here's my idea....

How about a Marvel show in the theater with different shows using different characters from all of the Marvel comic books. Not just Spiderman or Fantastic Four, but also Ghost Rider, or Ant Man, or even Daredevil.

But here's the catch. It's just one show, and it only lasts 6-12 months. A new show must be in development while the current one runs in the parks.

Now again this may not happen, but here are some benefits to do this idea.

1. It puts something into the theater
2. They can do shows to promote the upincoming Marvel/Disney movies.
3. It will show a lighter side in this rivalry of two parks. (And shutting up some biased theme park fans)

It's called Toon LAGOON. That's why there are all water rides.
The theater and the carnival games are just terrible. The whole area is ugly and uninteresting, and you get backstage views. It is the worst part of IOA and it breaks all theme. I wouldn't mind a Toon Lagoon expansion here with a new dark-ride and some cool new "tooney" buildings. In fact, that's exactly what I want. No more water rides!

Marvel Superhero Island is based off the comic books not the movies. Everything in IOA has to be from literature (Book, Comic Books, Poems) that's the theme of the whole park. Yes they do use movies for visual references like Harry Potter but that was because JK had in her mind what visuals she wanted and worked closely with the movies and theme park to get exactly what she imagined writing the books.

The whole literature thing is getting a little bit old, yes most of it is based on literature, but that doesn't mean it HAS to be. I mean would Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, or Marvel be what it is today without the movies? Sure it would have it's fan bases but it wouldn't be quite as large as it is now. I know I never heard of any of them until I saw movies/shows.

Reactions: RonaldsModernLife
If they wanted to add another water ride, they could just make it a water ride that doesn't get you wet. (think something like POTC, Jungle Cruise, or the Frontierland boat rides)

While I'd love to see the theater demolished for a new dark ride or water ride, it seems the theater is used just enough for special and private events, that it serves it's purpose. When not hosting one of those said events however, I don't see why they can't reintroduce an updated cartoon-themed show. There's plenty of characters to work with to create a fresh, family-friendly, interactive show.

The midway games are different story. Kill those damn things and build a flat ride!