Toon Lagoon Stage | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Toon Lagoon Stage

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone keeps saying get rid of the games and build a flat ride.

- The games generate revenue, Flat rides in this market don't even get people in the gate. Comcast (and in turn it's subsidiaries) is a publicly traded company, and their obligation to the shareholders(owners) is to generate as much money as possible. If they remove this revenue stream they need to make it up in another form, as well as show growth year to year (hopefully). The fact that the parks make a good profit is why Comcast is dumping all this money into the parks. If we take away the revenue, we also take away the expansion.

- The logic that if games fit a flat ride could fit confuses me. The games sit on a pathway. Behind that pathway are trees. For the two games closest to marvel those trees are maybe 5 feet deep and then you have the lagoon. The two games closest to toon, the trees are maybe 5 feet deep and then them a service area. And in the middle, it probably goes 15 feet back to Blutos. There is simply not room there.

Reactions: ynnoj
- The games generate revenue, Flat rides in this market don't even get people in the gate. Comcast (and in turn it's subsidiaries) is a publicly traded company, and their obligation to the shareholders(owners) is to generate as much money as possible. If they remove this revenue stream they need to make it up in another form, as well as show growth year to year (hopefully). The fact that the parks make a good profit is why Comcast is dumping all this money into the parks. If we take away the revenue, we also take away the expansion.

At the same time, they also probably want to present the parks as a good looking and inviting place. The TL games make that area look incredibly cheap, and to be honest, Six Flags-like.

At the same time, they also probably want to present the parks as a good looking and inviting place. The TL games make that area look incredibly cheap, and to be honest, Six Flags-like.

I'm going to say something that is extremely unpopular in this market, but not everything Six Flags does is cheap looking, and there is a place for some of the things they do in our parks. (I am aware that certain Six Flags parks do in fact do almost everything wrong, but others do quite a bit right).

As far as the games, they really aren't that bad. It fits the toon lagoon look. It's kinda like people complaining about the LC games (the theme of that area of LC is a bazaar, but somehow it's an issue that people are in booths trying to sell you stuff. Also have seen complaints of the look of the area, but strangely the design of that area has won awards for it's theme).

Bottom line is the games don't stop people from coming, and they generate a healthy revenue. If that's not going to be replaced then the games are going to stay (look at how when Amity left games went up by Rockit and by the bathrooms until Simpsons was ready)

I'm going to say something that is extremely unpopular in this market, but not everything Six Flags does is cheap looking, and there is a place for some of the things they do in our parks. (I am aware that certain Six Flags parks do in fact do almost everything wrong, but others do quite a bit right).

As far as the games, they really aren't that bad. It fits the toon lagoon look. It's kinda like people complaining about the LC games (the theme of that area of LC is a bazaar, but somehow it's an issue that people are in booths trying to sell you stuff. Also have seen complaints of the look of the area, but strangely the design of that area has won awards for it's theme).

Bottom line is the games don't stop people from coming, and they generate a healthy revenue. If that's not going to be replaced then the games are going to stay (look at how when Amity left games went up by Rockit and by the bathrooms until Simpsons was ready)

I agree with your points (a flat ride is neither practical or necessary), but to be fair, the games in Toon Lagoon are hideous. There's zero aesthetic to them, they're painfully generic and there's no effort to make them fit in with their (lack of?) surrounding theming. I actually don't mind the Lost Continent games, at all, just like I didn't mind the Amity games or the new Springfield games - they fit into their environment in a meaningful way, contributing both necessary revenue to the park (that allows for aforementioned justified expansions) and a bit of kinetic excitement and activity. The Toon Lagoon games do feel Six Flags in the wrong way - they have no purpose, they have no theme, they're generic, their existence to purely milk dollars is obvious to the average consumer. The purpose to make money is at least "earned" in my opinion by having the other games fully integrated into their environments without being a copout (which is my issue with Dino-Rama, which barely even attempts to be "ironic" unlike Krustyland).

I agree with your points (a flat ride is neither practical or necessary), but to be fair, the games in Toon Lagoon are hideous. There's zero aesthetic to them, they're painfully generic and there's no effort to make them fit in with their (lack of?) surrounding theming. I actually don't mind the Lost Continent games, at all, just like I didn't mind the Amity games or the new Springfield games - they fit into their environment in a meaningful way, contributing both necessary revenue to the park (that allows for aforementioned justified expansions) and a bit of kinetic excitement and activity. The Toon Lagoon games do feel Six Flags in the wrong way - they have no purpose, they have no theme, they're generic, their existence to purely milk dollars is obvious to the average consumer. The purpose to make money is at least "earned" in my opinion by having the other games fully integrated into their environments without being a copout (which is my issue with Dino-Rama, which barely even attempts to be "ironic" unlike Krustyland).

I completely agree with this. Took the words right out of my mouth.

It might be that I don't care for the overall look and feel of toon lagoon, but I feel like they fight right in. The whole island is a mashup of brightly colored things with no cohesive flow (other then the generic cartoon theme).

It might be that I don't care for the overall look and feel of toon lagoon, but I feel like they fight right in. The whole island is a mashup of brightly colored things with no cohesive flow (other then the generic cartoon theme).

But it's still a dead zone in terms of theme and atmosphere. I'm fine with them staying if they are given the Simpsons treatment and either tied in Marvel or TL. Just make them a little more interesting so you at least know where you are.

Well said.

But it's still a dead zone in terms of theme and atmosphere. I'm fine with them staying if they are given the Simpsons treatment and either tied in Marvel or TL. Just make them a little more interesting so you at least know where you are.

I wouldn't mind the games staying if they're Toon Lagoon-themed (no more Marvel - let it sink in) and the theater gets demolished. That whole front plaza for the theater is a terrible waste of space. Put a family dark ride and a small show (use the front entry area as the spot) in and I'd be fine with no flat ride in TL

I wouldn't mind the games staying if they're Toon Lagoon-themed (no more Marvel - let it sink in) and the theater gets demolished. That whole front plaza for the theater is a terrible waste of space. Put a family dark ride and a small show (use the front entry area as the spot) in and I'd be fine with no flat ride in TL

While I agree I would love to see that space used, it needs a new show.

For one it's next to one of the best if not the best dark ride in the world. For two the dark ride doesn't really fit the water ride theme of the island. And for three, if you believe all the bloggers this area is on it's way out, so why build a multi-million dollar attraction?

Plus when it comes to the $ they rent this place out after hours.

While I agree I would love to see that space used, it needs a new show.

For one it's next to one of the best if not the best dark ride in the world. For two the dark ride doesn't really fit the water ride theme of the island. And for three, if you believe all the bloggers this area is on it's way out, so why build a multi-million dollar attraction?

Plus when it comes to the $ they rent this place out after hours.

I believe you hit the nail on the head here. What is there is what they consider their (not so) temporary fix. I do not see them spending money on the area until it is part of a larger project on the Lagoon.

As long as they don't film another week of the Rosie O'Donnel show there I could care less what they do there. HA! She was there doing her talk show the opening week of IOA.

Ugh... That week was horrible. All i ever saw was her on a golf cart on the backstage road. Drove me crazy, because i had enough stuff to do and she always seemed to be right where i needed to be and i was not allowed to tell Vip's to get out of my way like cast members.

Ugh... That week was horrible. All i ever saw was her on a golf cart on the backstage road. Drove me crazy, because i had enough stuff to do and she always seemed to be right where i needed to be and i was not allowed to tell Vip's to get out of my way like cast members.

This post intrigues me in so many ways...

It seems as this theater is used frequently, every time Jo in it there is a different set, once I even saw a Spider-Man meet and greet inside of it.