Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (USH) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a CityWalk thing; they're all expensive except maybe at CityFood. XD
I must just not be looking at the prices at Jimmy Buffet...I get the club sandwitch which cost almost 20 bucks but you can save it (and it comes with lots...lots of fries to save as well)

But I'll check it out soon for sure...I need a picture with that Steampunk Robot

Stopped by today, and discovered not only do they take reservations, but you can make reservations days in advance. You can either call them or go to the Universal Studios/Citywalk website and make an online reservation. We already made a reservation for next Friday night.

We stopped by today (Saturday) at around 4pm, and was told it was a 45-60 minute wait, and that reservations were already gone for the day. So making reservations in advance may be helpful.

The venue seemed really popular... the candy shop side was bustling! And I noticed for the restuarant, they are seating people upstairs on the 2nd floor balcony/terrace outside. Looking forward to getting some new views of Citywalk, as when it was Hard Rock, they rarely had that area open!

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Savory Feast Kitchen has made its grand debut at Universal Studios Hollywood. @UniStudios

I will add that with our 5:30 reservation, we walked in right away, without any line at all. And we enjoyed our meal very much! But by the time we left, it was appearing as if nearly every table was already full, likely accounting for the line to get in by 7.

Reactions: joerodriguez
While I totally loved our visit to Toothsome, there are just three very, very minute issues that I hope get addressed with time:

• I love that "steam" comes from the smokestacks. However, on our visit, the steam was drifting back down to the ground between Toothsome and the Things From Another Planet store, giving you a mist shower. Maybe fine on a warm day, but it was a cold evening, so it wasn't as welcome. And based on the water patterns on the ground, it's a pretty heavy drip right next to Toothsome, because the walkway looked very wet right by the curb.
  • Bought some candy from the store, and was a bit surprised that given how extensive the theming throughout the place is, the bags gvien when you make a purchace aren't unique at all. Just a completely plain white paper bag with no markings whatsoever. I'm maybe assuming specialty bags are on their way? Does Orlando have specially designed bags for purchases?
  • While we did see Penelope and Jacque were around on the lower level, the entire time we ate (about 90 min or so), we never had them visit our table, nor visit any of the outdoor terrace tables at all (which were all basically being used). And as far as I could see, they didn't get to the interior upper level either (although I'm not 100% sure about that). I figure that sort of thing will get worked out over time, but a bit of a bummer. Towards the end of our meal, the family at the table next to us were asking them to visit their table, but we left before we could see if they ever make it up there.
Again, not dealbreakers in any way. I'm hopeful these issues will resolve in time.

Also, we were told on opening day that all reservations were fully booked, and they weren't taking walk ups. So if you want to visit in the near future, especially near dinner time, I'd strongly suggest making a reservation. You can do so online at the USH site. We were able to make ours a week in advance.

My daughter’s not feeling well so we have to leave early. I have 6:30pm reservations for a party of 5 tonight. If anyone wants it, PM me.

Had a excellent time at Toothsome's. Service was excellent and food was good. There were out of a few desert options but they will probably fine tune that over time.

Are the front outdoor tables to the left and right of the restaurant just for guests to enjoy their desserts that were purchased from the walk-up counters? Or are they apart of the actual sit-down dining experience?

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I feel pretty confident that the tables on the left (as you face the entrance) are for people who are getting shakes. I don't think anyone's been using it because: 1) it's been pretty cold weather, and 2) there's plenty of room inside (at least, so far)

I get the sense the ones on the right are for the restaurant, but I haven't seen them used yet. There may not be enough staffing for that area yet?

Ate there last night with a reservation. The walk up line is to the left of the main entrance. It was very long and they were telling people they couldn’t give them an estimated wait time. The reservation line was to the right of the entrance. You spoke with the person outside and they would check you in on an iPad. The reservation “line” was more of a waiting area than a line since they would call groups as their tables were ready; not go in order of the line. We didn’t hear our group being called but they sent a text message saying our table was ready and got seated less than 5 minutes after we arrived.

Food was very good. Looking at their menu vs Orlando, most things are about $1 more in Hollywood, but we got a passholder discount. Portions are also very big. We took a lot of food home and sadly had no room for dessert. The to-go bags were plain white bags with the restaurant logo stamped on them.

My one recommendation: if they try to sit you in the outdoor seating area next to the gift shop, politely, but firmly decline. Don’t be nasty like the group they tried to seat next to us, but just tell them no. It is a very poorly designed area cut off from the rest of the restaurant by the very crowded gift shop. Your servers have to fight the gift shop crowd to get from the main restaurant to the outdoor seating area meaning they will take extra time to do anything (don’t blame them, blame the poor design). It’s also not pleasant to think that all your food had to be carried through a busy gift shop. You will never see any of the characters.

I would go again. I really enjoyed myself, but I would avoid that outdoor seating area.

ate there yesterday as well but in the afternoon! we had a reservation for 7pm, but ended up switching our SNW ap time to the 6-8pm slot. so we headed to toothsome and asked if we were out of luck and they suggested we wait in the stand by and not cancel our reservation until we were seated, just to be safe. i'd say we waited maybe 20 minutes before we got pulled from the line? if you have a party of 2 your time in the line is going to be a lot shorter than if you have 3 or more. people had been waiting in front of us that still didn't get called in after us. we shared two appetizers(bruschetta and brussel sprouts) and the apple pie sundae and it was the perfect amount of food for us! my only complaint was that while the food came out fast, when it came time for us to pay they brought the check and then completely disappeared so we were just stuck there waiting for them to take our card. but that's not even really a real complaint it was more of an inconvenience because we were trying to be on time for our movie. lol

Reactions: joerodriguez