Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am still baffled at why I have never met or communicated with anyone involved with these Citywalk projects. I don't understand how these and the hotels are handled.

Does anyone, ANYONE here secretly know how, who, where these are designed, managed and contracted?

I am still baffled at why I have never met or communicated with anyone involved with these Citywalk projects. I don't understand how these and the hotels are handled.

Does anyone, ANYONE here secretly know how, who, where these are designed, managed and contracted?

process of elimination.. I don't

Reactions: Mike S
364.jpg

I do!!!

I wish...

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

I talked with the show designer back in Feb. I don't recall his name, but he is with UC.

I know an engineer who has been involved in several Universal projects, including Toothsomes. He told me that Universal hired an architecture firm as the prime on Toothsomes and his company was hired as a sub. Other projects have been contracted in different ways, but he says architect as prime seems to be Universal's preferred method currently.

I talked with the show designer back in Feb. I don't recall his name, but he is with UC.

I know an engineer who has been involved in several Universal projects, including Toothsomes. He told me that Universal hired an architecture firm as the prime on Toothsomes and his company was hired as a sub. Other projects have been contracted in different ways, but he says architect as prime seems to be Universal's preferred method currently.

With UC? Wow, there must be divisions or something like that? It seems reasonable they leave it to outside firms to design and answer to MW. I can't hold half of what they are up to in my brain. How does MW do it?

With UC? Wow, there must be divisions or something like that? It seems reasonable they leave it to outside firms to design and answer to MW. I can't hold half of what they are up to in my brain. How does MW do it?

I'm assuming UC = Universal Creative, but I can't come up with what MW means.

Regardless, this guy is employed by a consulting engineering company. The engineering consulting company has a contract as a subconsultant to the prime consultant (an architect) who has a contract with Universal. Universal came up with the concept and hired the prime consultant to turn it into reality. There are a lot of components that go into designing buildings and structures that the general public forgets about—HVAC design, electrical design, kitchen ventilation design, lighting design, structural engineering, permitting—that Universal probably does not have full-time staff to complete. But thankfully there is someone somewhere who is able to a wind load analysis of Toothsome's smoke stacks to assure that they won't fall over next time a hurricane passes over central Florida.

Reactions: Mike S and Joel
Yep. Temp sign. In ConvolutedFrippery's up close photos, you can see where the two pieces of plywood were butted together.

As for who handles these projects, I don't know either.

I do know graphics/signage is handled by the same team as the parks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Joel