Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Looks like toxic pollution and industrial waste."

Bio, it is a friggin theme park. I think people will figure out that it isn't hazardous... :saywhat:

What a silly comment. Does he really think it looks like toxic pollution? Was he trying to be funny?

They were working long hours last night! These were taken at 11:11pm last night while they were sealing the front steps:

(sorry for the blur, my vision was also blurred from the drinks so I didn't notice :peace:)
Sounds like you are having good time.:)

Looks like Toothsome iscseriouscabout opening very soon. I will be back down the 15th-17th. Fingers crossed they are open before the end of my trip.

Reactions: Joel
I wouldn't call it that expensive. Raw materials you're talking $500 max.
12 years ago they had their own sign making in house, I assume they still do.

If it's temp, then the vinyl print and plywood it would be mounted to would be less than $100. If it's any other material - fiberglass, or Aluminum - with a vinyl print on top, then it's permanent. Even then it would be less than $2000 for the sign.

Can anyone get back there and see how thick the sign is? If it's 1.5" or less, then it's probably temp. Aluminum and fiberglass start at 2" thick.

Reactions: Mike S
12 years ago they had their own sign making in house, I assume they still do.

If it's temp, then the vinyl print and plywood it would be mounted to would be less than $100. If it's any other material - fiberglass, or Aluminum - with a vinyl print on top, then it's permanent. Even then it would be less than $2000 for the sign.

Can anyone get back there and see how thick the sign is? If it's 1.5" or less, then it's probably temp. Aluminum and fiberglass start at 2" thick.

It is very thin, pretty sure it is temp

If they are going with a hand made sign with moving parts inside then it will be expensive

Is there any significance to the time shown in the art or this sign? I think the art is about 11:19 and this sign is about 12:24??

Reactions: Mike S
Sounds like you are having good time.:)

Looks like Toothsome iscseriouscabout opening very soon. I will be back down the 15th-17th. Fingers crossed they are open before the end of my trip.

we are there the 15-20th. Do places like this soft open? Or do they start taking reservations right away?

Reactions: Joel
Looks so wrong with everything lit except the main sign. It has to be temporary.

Yes, I think you are going to see a kickass, internally lit sign in the future with moving parts. They will use the placeholder until it is ready. Do they still have the large manlift out front? That can be used to change out the signs. It only has a crossbar to hang them on the connect the electrical.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S