Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if outside management is still involved (like Antojitos with the owners of Epcot's tequila bar) or is this going with being a 100% Universal operation? I know a long time ago I heard that Cheesecake Factory had their greasey little fat sausage fingers in there.

Reactions: Joel
Does anyone know if outside management is still involved (like Antojitos with the owners of Epcot's tequila bar) or is this going with being a 100% Universal operation? I know a long time ago I heard that Cheesecake Factory had their greasey little fat sausage fingers in there.

ohh no, that would be terrible. I love that it is a truly unique location. I would love CityWalk to get rid of some of the other chain places like Bubba Gump, and put in more of their own places. Having the restaurants be fully unique to City Walk makes them more of a location draw.

When you look at the sign up close in the concept art, there is a lot going on behind the sign. Given how close the rest of the facade is to the concept, I refuse to believe that is the final sign.

X0Y9qx3.jpg

Had a quick mess around in photoshop and overlayed the concept sign over the current one and it looks far better.

SvkKPnZ.gif

I had a weird dream last night that this opened the day I arrived on my vacation and when I checked in to Cabana Bay, they were handing out golden ticket room keys that gave you a free meal to lucky guests.
Nice work!

The fact that the "Dessert Foundry" and "Candy Smith" letters look more like the rendering than the sign does gives me further hope this sign is not the final product, just a temp.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
I don't care, I just want to go inside. I figure the food will be 'not great' the first few months. I just want to check out the candy room area. My daughter LOVES candy, to a scary level. This is her dream location. I hope there is actually a candy shop inside.

I've always found that the first few months of a restaurant opening are usually the best as they're trying their hardest to impress new customers and get good press.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Have they started hiring for Toothsome? I can't imagine them opening till I see and hear more about servers and chefs.

I was amazed the smokestacks stood out so prominently from JPDC.

That would be cool if they could make colorful smoke come out of those.

Have they started hiring for Toothsome? I can't imagine them opening till I see and hear more about servers and chefs.

Yeah, they were hiring a while back for it, maybe like 1.5-2 months ago.

That would be cool if they could make colorful smoke come out of those.

Yeah, they were hiring a while back for it, maybe like 1.5-2 months ago.

They sent out application requests and took interviews, however they said back then that they wouldn't hear for a few weeks to months. Haven't heard of them being called back yet (on the forums, don't have any friends in Orlando).

They sent out application requests and took interviews, however they said back then that they wouldn't hear for a few weeks to months. Haven't heard of them being called back yet (on the forums, don't have any friends in Orlando).

There were quite a few TMs in chef (chocolatiere) uniforms leaving Toothsome last night as I was entering the parks. Looks like they were training so it is in full swing and I expect them to open in a couple of weeks

Reactions: Joel
I'm kind of leaning towards thinking the sign is permanent. At least permanent in the sense that it is what it is for now and they could later decide to come in and replace it. Having a sign like that printed that large is very expensive. All the other elements were likely made off site and there was plenty of time to get them done, I don't see why the sign wouldn't have been done as well. The only way I see it being temporary is if something happened and the sign broke or took too long to make and this was a quick replacement.

I'm kind of leaning towards thinking the sign is permanent. At least permanent in the sense that it is what it is for now and they could later decide to come in and replace it. Having a sign like that printed that large is very expensive. All the other elements were likely made off site and there was plenty of time to get them done, I don't see why the sign wouldn't have been done as well. The only way I see it being temporary is if something happened and the sign broke or took too long to make and this was a quick replacement.

I wouldn't call it that expensive. Raw materials you're talking $500 max.

I'd be surprised if Universal don't have their own sign making facilities in house as they must go through some volume in the year that could justify the equipment and employing somebody.

If it is a temporary sign, I think this is a good hint that they're planning on opening soon and the sign is currently behind schedule.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
I wouldn't call it that expensive. Raw materials you're talking $500 max.

I'd be surprised if Universal don't have their own sign making facilities in house as they must go through some volume in the year that could justify the equipment and employing somebody.

If it is a temporary sign, I think this is a good hint that they're planning on opening soon and the sign is currently behind schedule.
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. If this is indeed temporary then it means something happened and they couldn't get the sign done in time and they're in a rush to open. I just don't see how they couldn't have the sign ready. They could have been working on it since before NBA City even closed.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.