Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ooooops SCOTT!!! I misunderstood something I was told years back and you are correct. I just verified it with "someone in the biz".

Let me lower that tag to $15K-$25K. I apologize for my misunderstanding from a long time ago. I bow humbly to you kind sir. :)

Ooooops SCOTT!!! I misunderstood something I was told years back and you are correct. I just verified it with "someone in the biz".

Let me lower that tag to $15K-$25K. I apologize for my misunderstanding from a long time ago. I bow humbly to you kind sir. :)
You had probably heard something concerning Disney Imagineering. They would indeed charge their parks an outrageous figure like that. That's their MO. :)

Reactions: Mike S
You had probably heard something concerning Disney Imagineering. They would indeed charge their parks an outrageous figure like that. That's their MO. :)

No no no no no. There was a time in the past that someone would state to me, "yes, it is going to be craZy and cost 150 billion dollars." I never thought to ask, what is "it".

I have since dragged sources over the coals with questions of what is "it" and "could you please speak in full sentences and give me the noun!" And I ain't whistling Dixie! I was worried over and over that I would be told to F off. Never happened! :)

No no no no no. There was a time in the past that someone would state to me, "yes, it is going to be craZy and cost 150 billion dollars." I never thought to ask, what is "it".

I have since dragged sources over the coals with questions of what is "it" and "could you please speak in full sentences and give me the noun!" And I ain't whistling Dixie! I was worried over and over that I would be told to F off. Never happened! :)
I was joking on that concerning your experience, but those kind of stories are run out every now & then concerning Imagineering. I should have used my laughing emocon instead of my smiley.......:lol:

I think the sign is temporary. You don't go all out on everything on the outside, and half-ass the main marquee.

Pluss I don't think they would need that massive rectangular hole in the facade to hang this block of wood. It looks like they're going to need some room behind the sign for the clock's gears and what not. This thing still screams temporary to me.

IMG_7577.JPG

Yeah, I forgot there's a hole behind it. The hole I would guess is for mechanical components for the REAL sign. This is just a temp probably because they anticipate they may be opening before the sign is done. I'm hearing that the costumes for the staff have not all arrived yet and they will be borrowing pieces from other things in the park to get open soon.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah, I forgot there's a hole behind it. The hole I would guess is for mechanical components for the REAL sign. This is just a temp probably because they anticipate they may be opening before the sign is done. I'm hearing that the costumes for the staff have not all arrived yet and they will be borrowing pieces from other things in the park to get open soon.
Are they in a rush to open that soon?

If it turns out to be a real clock, your estimate might not be so ridiculous after all.

If it is a real clock, I'd like to see Doc Brown sliding down a wire from the clock tower to officially open it.

Well two weeks is the middle of the month. ;)

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

When you look at the sign up close in the concept art, there is a lot going on behind the sign. Given how close the rest of the facade is to the concept, I refuse to believe that is the final sign.

X0Y9qx3.jpg

Had a quick mess around in photoshop and overlayed the concept sign over the current one and it looks far better.

SvkKPnZ.gif

I had a weird dream last night that this opened the day I arrived on my vacation and when I checked in to Cabana Bay, they were handing out golden ticket room keys that gave you a free meal to lucky guests.