Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get the idea of a revolving door, surprised it isn't used often in FL, but in @BriMan 's photo, I see the flat gear stops at that beam...I just think they need a couple of smaller gears connected to come down over the door to give the illusion that the gears spin the door ( I have not watched any videos as I want to see it in person first)...I just feel the gear is sitting over a revolving door, but it could be doing more to appear functional in this whimsical place.

The doors won't be turning all the time, but the gears would. So that would look silly.

The doors won't be turning all the time, but the gears would. So that would look silly.

If it's an electric revolving door, the doors will be moving just as much as the gears.

Yep, I've seen revolving doors that are in constant motion.

I assumed it would be sensor based vs. just moving all the time. Seems silly to have it moving all the time when there will be periods of the day with slow foot traffic.

I get that point of view, I was just thinking it would complete the kenetic energy buy appearing to serve a purpose as opposed to all those gears just being there...sort of a puzzle to ponder, is the factory running the door or is the door running the factory?

But that is just my thought as I feel it looks a bit silly just having the gear there looking like it serves no purpose ( other than looking cool).

Yep, I've seen revolving doors that are in constant motion.

I get that point of view, I was just thinking it would complete the kenetic energy buy appearing to serve a purpose as opposed to all those gears just being there...sort of a puzzle to ponder, is the factory running the door or is the door running the factory?

But that is just my thought as I feel it looks a bit silly just having the gear there looking like it serves no purpose ( other than looking cool).

That is the steampunk aesthetic in a nutshell.

I like the finished product more than the concept art. As a couple have mentioned, kinetic energy helps, and manages to create its own vibe more steam-punk than Wonka, yet more whimsical than steam-punk.

That said, how many barkers will they need to explain "dessert foundry" and "savory feast kitchen"? Nothing about this screams, "get a burger here!"

Reactions: merlin0402
I like the finished product more than the concept art. As a couple have mentioned, kinetic energy helps, and manages to create its own vibe more steam-punk than Wonka, yet more whimsical than steam-punk.

That said, how many barkers will they need to explain "dessert foundry" and "savory feast kitchen"? Nothing about this screams, "get a burger here!"

I think they are doing a lot of training with the waitstaff about going way beyond the "Hello my name is xxxx, may I start you off with drinks?". I am hoping for more entertainment and explanation of the concept than just pumping patrons through the cash register.

I do believe the building will get them in with the candy/dessert and don't think many will be expecting a full meal then dessert. They will treat this as a very elaborate ice cream parlor but I could be wrong. No one has shown me a menu yet.

I think they are doing a lot of training with the waitstaff about going way beyond the "Hello my name is xxxx, may I start you off with drinks?". I am hoping for more entertainment and explanation of the concept than just pumping patrons through the cash register.

I do believe the building will get them in with the candy/dessert and don't think many will be expecting a full meal then dessert. They will treat this as a very elaborate ice cream parlor but I could be wrong. No one has shown me a menu yet.
Would you like some food with your sugar rush?

I feel they are banking on people going in anyway because of the crazy facade..

Reactions: SeventyOne
I feel they are banking on people going in anyway because of the crazy facade..
That was sort of what their plan was when designing Antojitos, too. Of course, that was more due to location than food-type, but still I think it's a similar comparison. What is the occupancy of Antojito's these days, btw?