Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. If this is indeed temporary then it means something happened and they couldn't get the sign done in time and they're in a rush to open. I just don't see how they couldn't have the sign ready. They could have been working on it since before NBA City even closed.

The other way to look at it is that they're ahead of schedule. The sign in the concept looks quite complex as far as signs go.

Reactions: Mike S and s8film40
Saw on Twitter that the smokestacks are... smoking.
DewKM.gif

It all seems to go so much faster when you're not working with an outside IP. Just ask Disney about Avatar.:)
When the announcement was made absolutely nothing had been designed yet.

Let's also ask Universal about Nintendo*... :bolt:

*It'll be a bit of a shorter timeline overall but still pretty long from the initial announcement and very comparable.

Nintendo - 5 years (2015/2020?)

When the announcement was made absolutely nothing had been designed yet.

Let's also ask Universal about Nintendo*... :bolt:
I just picked an example. The example still stands. It takes longer to work with an outside IP.

In Universal's defense they never announced this project. It was Nintendo that unilaterally made the announcement. In contrast, Disney made a big point of loudly announcing their project. If you make a big announcement you naturally raise expectations.

If this restaurant has a Willy Wonka theme it would be taking a lot longer.

Reactions: Mike S
New park, 2 years design 5 years build = 7 years or 2022?

And much of the 5 years it will be modified and homogenized like crazy as long as it doesn't abuse the vendor contracts. There is an industry term for seriously changing plans on vendors and the penalty, but I cannot recall what it is. It isn't obvious even when you hear it.

And much of the 5 years it will be modified and homogenized like crazy as long as it doesn't abuse the vendor contracts. There is an industry term for seriously changing plans on vendors and the penalty, but I cannot recall what it is. It isn't obvious even when you hear it.
It reminds me of this.
darth-vader-i-am-altering-the-deal.png

Reactions: LieutLaww