Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have mixed feelings in some ways about this expansion. On one side I really like it because Toy Story is without a doubt one of if not the best animated franchises in existence. Even when TSMM was built I always felt like really? This is all we get for one of the greatest Disney movie(s) ever created? So to see it expanded in the form of Andy's backyard is a great imagining and expansion to the beloved franchise. The best part though IMO is its a family friendly area in a park that really lacks in offerings for the little ones. Its something that I never noticed until Willow was born and began to look at parks differently. By the time this is built and opened Willow should be able to ride the Slinky Dog coaster as well as the Alien thing.

That being said though I still think DHS should of added a playground / water spot for the real little ones to play in here. It would of been a nice addition so one parent can take the older child on the "scary" roller coaster while the other plays on the playground with the other parent. Some may take that as a serious complaint, its not just a simple wish is all. In a park that REALLY needs more to do in general it needs even more for kids to do. Some may even say what about Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Yeah thats an option but at the same time many children would rather play in the world of Toy Story vs some movie they never heard of.

In the end though I think its a great expansion that won't break the budget in order to fully invest the capital in Star Wars. It will also bring in the people as well as spread out the crowds with the expanded walkways and offerings.

Its wild how differently we view the parks once we have kids of our own. We would bypass DHS because of the lack of things to do for the little little ones so seeing this expansion is a step in the right direction for what they were lacking in that area.

I can't tell by the video but will the Slinky roller coaster be on the same level of thrills as the Mine Train ride or more on the lines with Big Thunder Mountain/Everest? Hoping it's more like the latter.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was somehow wrapped into Toy Story Land
I can't see how it would be possible. TSPL is going from the back of TSMM all the way down to LMA. To incorporate HISTK would have them veer immensely of track to an area that in scheduled to be backstage once this is all said and done anyway.

The point is, Playgrounds are a drop in the bucket by Disney standards. They can build a new one and it'll probably cost them next to nothing. At the end of the day, this is like I said about the Avatar model, I can't judge from a concept drawing. I can only judge once it's built, open and i'm on that coaster.

1412393.jpg

Once its built of course.

I actually think a couple more flats would have rounded it out better. The Parashoot Drop prop just begs the question of why not a ride. I can take or leave RC Racer but it would have been cool to see the Slinky Dog coaster actually pass through the half pipe. I still wish the Mosters Inc coaster would see the light of day. Makes me wonder if this makes Buzz Lightyear at WDW expendable for a new or rebranded ride there.

I actually think a couple more flats would have rounded it out better. The Parashoot Drop prop just begs the question of why not a ride. I can take or leave RC Racer but it would have been cool to see the Slinky Dog coaster actually pass through the half pipe. I still wish the Mosters Inc coaster would see the light of day. Makes me wonder if this makes Buzz Lightyear at WDW expendable for a new or rebranded ride there.

I'll be honest, the Slinky Dog coaster's layout looks way better than the layout I was shown for Monsters Inc. We got the better end of the deal here. Maybe not theming wise, but ride wise.

I'll be honest, the Slinky Dog coaster's layout looks way better than the layout I was shown for Monsters Inc. We got the better end of the deal here. Maybe not theming wise, but ride wise.
I'll take it. Besides FireChaser, which I posted earlier, this honestly reminds me a lot of Cheetah Hunt-lite in a way. And I only say "lite" because it will be a bit shorter track length and go about 20mph slower (based on normal family coaster speeds), but the layout is very similar, not to mention the launch mid-ride.

The one thing i'm interested in is when they are going to get started. There's A LOT of backstage stuff from the tour and the entire costuming building that needs to be moved or demo'd. I want to say that the construction of this should be quick, but they can't even get near STARTING until the land is cleared, which could still be awhile.

I do see the Firechaser Express resemblance, which is a nice, mildly thrilling ride at Dollywood. If it's anything like that, it'd definitely be a welcome addition. Plus, with a height requirement of only 39", kids love it.

That's two things we can do this for!!! Toy Story Land could be awesome if we moved these two things!!! (This is a joke of course for any hyper sensitive people out there. Theming wouldn't work quite right)
Preview

Anyone care to post a "good guess" map that includes Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land? I'm having a hard time seeing how they can fit both of these parks in DHS. Thanks in advance. : )

I for one will enjoy
I'm a little upset that this Slinky ride isn't indoors with show scenes. Just an outdoor track with some props. I was expecting full Radiator Springs Racers dark-ride scenes, but it doesn't look like it.
For the concept it is well themed in my opinion. ..I just noticed on the right hand side "Andy" dug ditches in the dirt to make elevation changes....little things I am noticing seem to make it more appealing. ..and it does have a launch mid way as you see on the bridge "superlaunch"