Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I expect Slinky to be pretty comparable to 7DMT in the thrill/fun factor. The level of detail though. WOW. I can't wait to see the trains. If they are a hideously bazaar as I expect, this thing could be spectacularly ugly AND uncomfortably weird.

*So hideous*

Last edited by a moderator:
DHC desperately needed more family rides, and rides in general. I think the coaster looks fun. Longer than barnstormer , and probably slightly more thrilling than 7DMT due to the launches, and lack of dark show scene in the middle of attraction to kill momentum

slinky-dog-coaster.jpg

Even with the land being ludacriously expensive for something cheaply themed, damn does Slinky look adorable and wholesome.

Even with the land being ludacriously expensive for something cheaply themed, damn does Slinky look adorable and wholesome.
I think the question is worth asking though... why are both sides of the train the head? Is this just the front of two separate trains being brought in for the upcoming media event that's supposed to happen? It would be pretty weird if the front AND back of the trains were Slinky's head.

DHC desperately needed more family rides, and rides in general. I think the coaster looks fun. Longer than barnstormer , and probably slightly more thrilling than 7DMT due to the launches, and lack of dark show scene in the middle of attraction to kill momentum

I wish they would have had budget here for a "momentum killer." That's easily the best part of 7DMT.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I think the question is worth asking though... why are both sides of the train the head? Is this just the front of two separate trains being brought in for the upcoming media event that's supposed to happen? It would be pretty weird if the front AND back of the trains were Slinky's head.

The back is different. Look at the first image of the train. The back is his hind legs just flapping about in the wind.

I wish they would have had budget here for a "momentum killer." That's easily the best part of 7DMT.

It is the best part, but that's because the actual "coaster" portion of the ride is so tame and broken up. It's a hybrid coaster/dark ride that isn't a great coaster or dark ride due to splitting up the pacing. It needed to either have another dark show scene or a longer coaster track IMO

Is this just the front of two separate trains being brought in for the upcoming media event that's supposed to happen?
I think its the trailer that is throwing you.... the one shot is the trailer itself without the truck and its being pulled in the second picture from the opposite end.

Reactions: Joel and alias8703
The sizes of characters at the different Toy Story rides confuse me. Mr Potato Head was already as tall as Buzz, so we are taller in MK or smaller at DHS. We are constantly at the size of a Green Army Man whenever you see one of them. And now Slinky had his clones are bigger that Mr Potato Head. The poop fence (that's it's name now right?) isn't high enough and I'm worried by all the greenery in that land. How does this "you shrink to the size of a toy" works?

The sizes of characters at the different Toy Story rides confuse me. Mr Potato Head was already as tall as Buzz, so we are taller in MK or smaller at DHS. We are constantly at the size of a Green Army Man whenever you see one of them. And now Slinky had his clones are bigger that Mr Potato Head. The poop fence (that's it's name now right?) isn't high enough and I'm worried by all the greenery in that land. How does this "you shrink to the size of a toy" works?
I see your point, but Mickey Mouse walk around character is grown up size, but the animated character or version in Partners statue is only a couple feet tall. So, I guess, when it comes to characters some suspension of disbelief is required.

Dug the dog is much bigger than Russel in the parks... and walks on two legs... so I let the green army men being too tall slide.

Toys are not uniform size between manufacturers. So no real reason for them to be of a uniform size in TSL. If a kid has a toy chest, the toys are of varying sizes in relation to one another.

Toys are not uniform size between manufacturers. So no real reason for them to be of a uniform size in TSL. If a kid has a toy chest, the toys are of varying sizes in relation to one another.
I think we meant as seen within the Toy Story films themselves. Green Army Men are quite small in the movies, but are same height as Buzz, etc in the parks.. (ya know, cause that's just how tall humans are. Not much you can do about that.)

The scale argument is silly. Did Andy only have one Buzz Lightyear figure? If Andy is like most kids, he would have 23 Buzz Lightyear toys in every size imaginable. A Halloween Costume, bed sheets, bath towel, notebook, light up tennis shoes, electric toothbrush, and Underoos.

And my guess is the fence is more a knee high picket type yard border and less a 6' privacy fence.

The scale argument is silly. Did Andy only have one Buzz Lightyear figure? If Andy is like most kids, he would have 23 Buzz Lightyear toys in every size imaginable. A Halloween Costume, bed sheets, bath towel, notebook, light up tennis shoes, electric toothbrush, and Underoos.

And my guess is the fence is more a knee high picket type yard border and less a 6' privacy fence.
Toy Story Land is silly.

Reactions: Disneyhead
If I can believe that I've been shrunk down to the size of a toy, I can just as easy believe that the toys are different sizes.
Ah, but TSL is based on how the characters look in the movies though. As far as we know, Andy only has one Woody, Buzz, Slinky Potato Head, etc. Nothing about this land makes me believe i've been shrunk down to the size of a toy (I know TSMM certainly doesn't).

It's just a bad concept for a land.

Reactions: tielo