Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it is gonna be a pretty good coaster with thrills close to Space Mountain.

The theming on the outside of the coaster is supposed to be akin to RSR in Carsland...meaning the giant Rex will turn and say something as you glide by, toy soldiers parachute down as you head into the exit...etc etc.

At first I wasn't impressed with the idea of TSL, but the more I read the more I like it. Does anyone know what the RV will look like for this? I'm hoping for slinky rings around the coaster :wink:

Hopefully Pizza Planet will be moved from it's current location and given a proper upgrade in Toy Story Land. I always felt that was a missed opportunity on a great dining option..

At first I wasn't impressed with the idea of TSL, but the more I read the more I like it. Does anyone know what the RV will look like for this? I'm hoping for slinky rings around the coaster :wink:
Check front page of this thread. ...yes you will rise on Slinky Dog. .. imagine this RV on that track..

Attachments

• toy storyland2.JPG
    toy storyland2.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Tucker
That coaster POV is from a game called No Limits 2. It's not official although it does look promising.

What level is this coaster gonna be? Something like snow white?
I actually think it will be one of the more thrilling coasters outside of Everest and RNRC at WDW. Now that's not saying a whole lot, but I think it will be a consistent 35-40 mph or so family coaster that *may* have a show scene at the launch. The track layout looks pretty fun as well.

The only similarity to SDMT imo will be the swinging RVs.

I actually think it will be one of the more thrilling coasters outside of Everest and RNRC at WDW. Now that's not saying a whole lot, but I think it will be a consistent 35-40 mph or so family coaster that *may* have a show scene at the launch. The track layout looks pretty fun as well.

The only similarity to SDMT imo will be the swinging RVs.
I don't believe the Slinky Dog coaster will have swinging RVs.

Ah, ok. I was just going on people talking about it from the ride-through, but I don't think that was ever a confirmed thing.
I believe what led to the misperception is at the top of the first lift hill there is a section of twisting track that gives the car a wobble. It isn't included in the no limits mock up, but you can see it in the D23 presentation video.

Toy Story Mania is my top 10 list of Disney rides. Toy story land will look cool and be cool, but I wish they added a real THRILL ride. We shall see what happens.

Toy Story Mania is my top 10 list of Disney rides. Toy story land will look cool and be cool, but I wish they added a real THRILL ride. We shall see what happens.
DHS only has 5 rides, but 3 out of 5 have height requirements and 2 of them (potentially 3 depending on what one considers "thrill" to be) are thrill attractions. The parks needs to be balanced out a bit.

Star Wars is where we hopefully should get our thrills.