Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least the lines for RNRC, TOT and TSM should go down a little....... right? :shrug:

Actually probably not considering everyone and there mother will show up

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
To say the coaster has no theming is a stretch. You literally walk inside of the box where the coaster pieces came out of. Then you see all these toys scattered all around the land with large wooden fences looming in the distance AND you're riding inside of SLINKY DOG.

I agree, I think the "criticism" for this new land is a little silly. Yes, things could always be bigger and better, but they don't always have to be to be enjoyed by the public. Disney is also building a huge state of the art theme park land within 100 feet, so you know, cut them some slack.

I agree, I think the "criticism" for this new land is a little silly. Yes, things could always be bigger and better, but they don't always have to be to be enjoyed by the public. Disney is also building a huge state of the art theme park land within 100 feet, so you know, cut them some slack.

It doesn't have to be bigger and better, necessarily - but I think the criticisms aimed at the cutbacks at an already cheap-looking addition is very warranted.

I'd be more forgiving of the theming if it was to scale, if the land didn't already cost a ton of money, and if the coaster appeared to be better. It's several factors that are letting me down.

Reactions: SeventyOne
What has been cutback from the original plans?

Toy-Story-Land_Full_25052.jpg

Man, what I wouldn't give to have this version of the land back.

It seems as if there were multiple shops and playgrounds were cut.
The funny thing about all of this is when the original concept came out most everyone was complaining it lacked attractions and it was poorly themed. Then the cutbacks came it got even worse. Now it's so bad most everyone would love the original version back.....But the bottom line is the Disney moms and their kids will love the land, EXCEPT for the really long stand by lines it will have due to low capacity for the two new attractions and lack of rides in DHS. This land will drive attendance for DHS, no doubt.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.....Fred Rogers

The funny thing about all of this is when the original concept came out most everyone was complaining it lacked attractions and it was poorly themed. Then the cutbacks came it got even worse. Now it's so bad most everyone would love the original version back.....But the bottom line is the Disney moms and their kids will love the land, EXCEPT for the really long stand by lines it will have due to low capacity for the two new attractions and lack of rides in DHS. This land will drive attendance for DHS, no doubt.

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.....Fred Rogers

I actually loved the original version. It seemed chaotic in a good way. But now...........

I'm never going to ride SDD or ASS, but I do think the theming of the land will be cute. It looks like there's going to be a lot of neat details such as those giant bendy straw light posts and the huge Andy footprints on the walkways. For the most part, I think, you will feel toy-sized while walking through there. It's nothing groundbreaking by any means, but I think I'll enjoy my pass throughs on my way to Batuu.

In addition to the moms and kids who are going to undoubtedly love the land, a lot of people who are my age are going to have some sense of nostalgia when walking around in it because we grew up with those movies. Overall, the general public is going to be fine with it.