Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This will be like much better than Barnstormer, Woody, Hippogriff right?, or do my eyes deceive me.
Except a much MUCH bigger footprint.

I'm excited for it, but mostly so it sucks some of the crowds away from the rest of the park into what will inevitably be long lines for the two new rides it offers.

I'll enjoy Slinky as I do Seven Drawfs, when I'm lucky enough to score a FastPass. :)

Ok, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being too optimistic. All the talk of the kiddie coasters was starting to make me nervous.

Though this doesn't appear to be anything to write home about, I'm sure it will at least be "fun".

I actually think 7 dwarfs is horribly underrated, but the most I've ever waited was 20 minutes (only ridden it twice), however I feel like it's a lot of fun and I really like the show elements. Maybe my tune would change if I waited 2 hours for it haha.

I think this could have been a nice looking unique coaster with the original rockwork left, but it's just a normal coaster with heavy foliage and large props.

I wonder how quickly would they have to start re-painting this land due to Florida weather.

I feel confident that the paths beneath the coaster are evacuation paths... in case they need to get a lift in to help people disembark a stuck coaster. Fire and rescue kinds of stuff.

They are, all of Disney's coasters has some sort of access paths along the track for whatever reason (emergency access, maintenance, dropped belongings, etc)

Reactions: Alicia
7 Dwarfs without theming isn't much of anything. The theming and the cavern scene make the ride. If it was just the coaster, minus theming, I would never bother getting a fastpass for it, or stand in a line longer than 15 minutes......Slinky is sub sub sub par theming.

Right. But to be fair, SDD will have two launches. So while (IMO) not as important as the cavern scene and rock theming - that is an element that 7DMT doesn't have.
SDD doesn't really have an apple to apple comparison like, say, Barnstormer and Woody. So 7D is the closest comparison. Each will have advantages the other doesn't.

Yeah I agree the whole land appears very lackluster and disappointing. ESPECIALLY considering the amount of land it's taking up... but at this point what can you do? I hope the coaster is at least "fun"

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Yeah I agree the whole land appears very lackluster and disappointing. ESPECIALLY considering the amount of land it's taking up... but at this point what can you do? I hope the coaster is at least "fun"
Yeah, to me the coaster looks kinda fun, that's about all I'm excited for. I mean the theming...is pretty generic...