Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Meet the Disney imagineers in charge of this

ThreeStooges.jpg
What timing. I just turned the channel a few seconds before your post popped up, and now I'm watching "Have Rocket, Will Travel' with the Stooges. :grin:

Meh. I don’t know why, but the Toy Story logo on that sign is just off-putting to me. Maybe it looks too generic?

I have to agree. Simply printing the Toy Story logo on the block feels uninspired. And it makes me half-expect them to put a ™️ on it. :lol: Plus, the word “land” is about 800% bigger than the other text, so the scale feels wonky too. I think recreating the Toy Story logo out of toys (instead of slapping it onto a block) would have solved a bunch of problems.

I have to agree. Simply printing the Toy Story logo on the block feels uninspired. And it makes me half-expect them to put a ™️ on it. :lol: Plus, the word “land” is about 800% bigger than the other text, so the scale feels wonky too. I think recreating the Toy Story logo out of toys (instead of slapping it onto a block) would have solved a bunch of problems.
It’s not a block, it’s a Yo-Yo, yo!

I get what all of you guys are saying about the sign looking cheap and uninspired (and I agree), but is it any surprise at this point that this land is going to be underwhelming? No.

Tad I’ve said all along, it is such a misuse of space. I’m sure the rides will be fine, but fine isn’t ok when you’re taking up this much acreage.

I get what all of you guys are saying about the sign looking cheap and uninspired (and I agree), but is it any surprise at this point that this land is going to be underwhelming? No.

Tad I’ve said all along, it is such a misuse of space. I’m sure the rides will be fine, but fine isn’t ok when you’re taking up this much acreage.
It's very spread out for what it offers...I was hoping for more of a 'Pixar World' with this being a section...but you know, Star Wars

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
ill say it again
although a great IP the IP lacks for a truly immersive themed experience
this sign looks cheap because the IP doesnt create a great theme park land
Exactly.

Not every movie can hold it’s own land (actually very few can). Toy Story doesn’t translate to a theme park land well at all.

I actually really like the land...I guess my issue is for the size they could've utilized the space and added more attractions than the current offerings.

Agreed. There should have been at least 2 flats and I vote for this one:

IMG_0158.JPG

If this isn't the best off the shelf ride at a TSL.....it certainly is the best looking!

Reactions: SeventyOne