Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

I think TSMM is the soundstage in the bottom left.
  • The open orange box adjacent is its new entrance.
  • Building to the right is Big Al's toy barn for merch.
What I cant figure out is which building houses food/bathrooms. Based on size, placement, and design:
  • 3 house facade are bathrooms
  • Board game building is quick counter service.
  • Building next to Green Alien ride is its entrance.
Anyone have any actual intel?

Slinky Dog coaster looks pretty adorable. Kinda their Flying Unicorn or whatever it's called how--Hagrid's Unicorn? I sympathize with those voicing disappointment that only a single Pixar property is being represented in this expansion, but this looks like a worthy expansion, nonetheless.

What is happening here in terms of location is the current on stage areas will be turned to backstage and vice-versa. The entrance to TSMM will be changed to what is the current backstage area behind the building and TS Land will be built behind there.

I agree. It looks to be adorable and a definitely a step above its predecessor, but does this definitely mean the end of Pixar Place? It certainly seems to, which is a shame because Monsters Inc and the Incredibles could make really great attractions.

I think it's cool, wasn't expecting anything more. Kinda bummed there aren't more flat rides but whatever it's no biggie. Thank god toy story manias theming will make sense now

I think it's cool, wasn't expecting anything more. Kinda bummed there aren't more flat rides but whatever it's no biggie. Thank god toy story manias theming will make sense now

I actually agree. I'm hoping there's another small land coming we haven't heard about yet.

The concept art for Flying Saucers reminds me of a larger Cars Race Rally. Anybody know if it'll be the same ride system?

It actually looks like it's Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

So if the entrance to the land is where One Mans Dream and Captain Jack attractions were, then a lot of infrastructure would need to be moved. Particularly the giant creative costuming building right behind TSMM. That's where most Disney costumes are created. Plus several office buildings would be in the way! What does this do to Voyage of the Little Mermaid?

So if the entrance to the land is where One Mans Dream and Captain Jack attractions were, then a lot of infrastructure would need to be moved. Particularly the giant creative costuming building right behind TSMM. That's where most Disney costumes are created. Plus several office buildings would be in the way! What does this do to Voyage of the Little Mermaid?

Didn't they already announce VotLM is going soon?

I'm just excited for the coaster. I just found out about this in the past 10 minutes, but earlier today I was thinking what if DHS had a 2nd coaster in the park. So my imaginative mind received its answer and I couldn't be any happier. Looks like a decent length too, 2,750-3,500 ft. maybe.

It's clear all the money went to Star Wars land.
I think Toy story land looks cheap, it reminds me of the oversized props at the budget hotels at WDW and it echo's the cheapness of these resorts.
I hoped for more (and better) Pixar ip's. People who are saying that would me a missmatch are wrong. Disneyland incorporated many ip's in one single land and Walt did it brilliantly. There was also a better balance between rides and land usage. But I guess that expertise isn't available anymore at Disney.

It's clear all the money went to Star Wars land.
I think Toy story land looks cheap, it reminds me of the oversized props at the budget hotels at WDW and it echo's the cheapness of these resorts.
I hoped for more (and better) Pixar ip's. People who are saying that would me a missmatch are wrong. Disneyland incorporated many ip's in one single land and Walt did it brilliantly. There was also a better balance between rides and land usage. But I guess that expertise isn't available anymore at Disney.
We knew we were getting a TS Land... this is actually the best it could've turned out. No RC Racer, no Slinky flat ride and a coaster which looks to be a bit above SDMT as far as thrill goes. Pizza Planet should hopefully move over here too. Not saying that I love this, but the way I see it, TS Land is to Springfield as Star Wars is to Diagon*.

*Obviously I don't know if that is true or will hold up, but if Star Wars comes through big time, i'll forgive a TS Land that isn't even as bad as we were expecting. imo, it seems like a pretty apt comparison at this stage though.