Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I forget the dates off the top of my head but there are CM blackout dates starting in mid June, I expect some sort of soft openings at that time. As for a pass holder early previews like Pandora nothing has been announced yet.
Thanks. I’m hoping for something similar to Avatar. It was great to be able to enjoy the area with a controlled crowd prior to opening day.

Reactions: Coasted
Not sure if this was brought up already here but just saw that the FastPass tiers for DHS are changing to only Toy Story Land attractions being considered Tier 1 and everything else moving to Tier 2.

Tier 1: (as of 6/30/18)
  1. Slinky Dog Dash
  2. Alien Swirling Saucers
  3. Toy Story Mania!

Reactions: jtsalien
Not sure if this was brought up already here but just saw that the FastPass tiers for DHS are changing to only Toy Story Land attractions being considered Tier 1 and everything else moving to Tier 2.

1. Slinky Dog Dash
  3. Toy Story Mania!
Haha, the best attractions in the park are considered tier 2. Suuuure DHS. ;)

Reactions: Joel and SeventyOne

1. Slinky Dog Dash
  3. Toy Story Mania!
I’m gonna call it right now: this won’t last a full year.

I just can’t buy the idea that Toy Story Land will radically change the flow of the park for more than a couple months.

After summer crowds and the appeal of TSL wears off, Toy Story Mania, Tower and Rock N Roller Coaster will be the three big crowd-eaters until Mickey and Minnie comes online.

I just can’t buy the idea that Toy Story Land will radically change the flow of the park for more than a couple months.

After summer crowds and the appeal of TSL wears off, Toy Story Mania, Tower and Rock N Roller Coaster will be the three big crowd-eaters until Mickey and Minnie comes online.
Well yeah, this is only a temporary hold before Star Wars - none of those will be tier 1 by the end of next year.

Tier 1 will be Falcon, Battle Escape and Runaway Railway once they are all open.

So, rumor is TSL probably won't be ready on June 30th. Something about parts for Alien Saucer Swirl or smoething like that.

Remember when we thought this thing would soft open in like April?

*edit* Softs sound like June 26th. That's a date I keep hearing coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeventyOne

Except that TSL offers kid friendly attractions in a park that is starved for kid stuff. They could esily stay tier one if demand is high and capacity is low.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Remember when we thought this thing would soft open in like April?

*edit* Softs sound like June 26th. That's a date I keep hearing coming up.
There’s really no excuse that it wasn’t ready for Memorial Day, however. With how simplistic this project is, it could’ve been done late last year if they were actually moving at a normal speed.

There’s really no excuse that it wasn’t ready for Memorial Day, however. With how simplistic this project is, it could’ve been done late last year if they were actually moving at a normal speed.
here is their reasoning
2017- Pandora
2018-Toy Story Land
2019-SWGE
2021- TRON, GOTG

not sure when RAT will be ready 20202021?

Looking at all of the aerials, It’s looking like it’s getting pretty close to finished. I could maybe see previews towards the last week of the month.