Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

^ It's not just about getting a replacement projector. It's authorizing the replacement through all the proper channels, ordering said replacement, setting up a bidding process if need be and scheduling an installation.
Fair enough....but would that really take over 7 months?

Funny thing happened on Transformers today. The final part where you punch Megatron with the all-spark, the audio cut off and the vehicle turned early before the scene ended. i went past the final optimus scene and we got off. Looks like maybe the elevator went down too early. I got to ride again.

A long while, i remember someone mention something about universal money here in this topic. What are those?

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the "prom" thing Brover... it was actually their "3rd Annual Officers Ball" .....it was masquerade style.

Has anyone noticed how bad the screens are getting? It isn't just one or two... the last time I rode it, so many screens have that green/yellow tint to them. Its so awful. Supposedly all of the projectors are going to be replaced sometime in the near future. I'll believe it when I see it though...

Yeah, a lot of the projectors need new bulbs or need to be recalibrated, some scenes are getting too obvious that they need maintenance. The worst ones are the ones where some of the projectors are misaligned and one fourth of the screen isn't where it should be.

I dont know if anyone Else expained this yet but when evac said "No more running recruits" at the end, he was telling Us that we and himself wont run away anymore and finally attack megatron.

In regards to the "prom" thing Brover... it was actually their "3rd Annual Officers Ball" .....it was masquerade style.
Yeah I know... we used to call it prom when it was being put together for the first time, and our boss changed it to the militaristic-sounding officers ball but it was still totally prom. At least the first two years, Cute to hear it was masquerade style for 2015.

Wonder if they turned the Shrek preshow room into a rave again...

The scenes/screens in the elevators were super yellow/green. I turned around and one of the projectors was just completely yellow. That needs to be something that is addressed as soon as it happens, it's beyond horrible show, is weird on the eyes, and just is bad.

Last month at USF their VTU 3 screen was extremely green. So it seems both coasts are having projector issues... not sure why it's JUST Transformers because Spider-Man looked all-around fantastic.

^ If I had to wager a guess, I'd assume the constant movement of the elevators cause havoc to the projectors. Lots of fragile equipment going up and down.

This wasn't an issue as far as I'm aware for the first two years of the ride, and I doubt the movement caused havoc on the projectors/bulbs. I can understand the movement making issues with alignment, but this issue looks like it's bulbs that need replacing or the colors/something else recalibrated. Whatever it is, it should be fixed overnight and they should have extra bulbs ready to go....

This wasn't an issue as far as I'm aware for the first two years of the ride, and I doubt the movement caused havoc on the projectors/bulbs. I can understand the movement making issues with alignment, but this issue looks like it's bulbs that need replacing or the colors/something else recalibrated. Whatever it is, it should be fixed overnight and they should have extra bulbs ready to go....
Wear and tear...

It's not an issue with the bulbs themselves. A dull bulb will the projector dimmer, but it shouldn't alter the projector's output so that it turns green. Transformers uses DLP projectors which use color wheels to render a picture. Constant movement can damage these wheels, which require more than a simple bulb replacement to fix.

Regardless, there's a lot of variables in play and simple fixes are rarely the solution. If these projectors simply needed new bulbs, you can bet Universal would have replaced them by now.

Thanks for the insight on what projectors they use, didn't know it was DLP.

My main point was that I think it's unacceptable that USH hasn't fixed this issue. It's been going on for months. Obviously nothing is "simple", but when it's a major component of the attraction, in this case it's an issue with a projector in a projection based ride, that's something they should fix ASAP. I understand some stuff can't be fixed overnight, but from what I've heard, this has been an issue since at least August.

And fixing a projector is a lot simpler than fixing an animatronic on JP.