Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry if I had to ask, but when exactly did they add glass coverings to the circular hole decorations on the walls? I thought my first time I went people were sticking coins in them so may be why?
Late July 2012.

Before this we were prying the coins out ourselves, and then upper management finally put the plastic (not glass) coverings on there because... MiceChat. No joke. They reported it as "bad show" and USH immediately responded.

It might be one of the most surreal moments of my life to hear my boss say to his boss, "So what did the MiceChat say?" at the fourth of July barbecue.

Anyways: 

https://www.youtube.com/embed/r-suXNRZDD4?feature=oembed
A daily vlog captured a terrific evacuation on a slow Monday afternoon at Universal, and you can get a good glimpse at what lies beyond the show berm on the upper ride track, including the large cage we use to store items for the staff. There seems to be a ton of paint buckets stacked right there which makes me think that they may be doing some paint refreshing in the off hours right now. 

And a lot of them are former coworkers! They are awesome.

Reactions: Aaron and William
They've been doing that since day one. Sometimes they're a bit TOO rough, but overall that's just them being "in character". I don't mind it there. I hate it on all the other rides though.
Little OT, but clapping NEEDS TO GO! It is so awkward on RoTM, why are we even happy didn't Imhotep just take our souls? And don't even get me started on JP... A clapping+cheering soundtrack...

Reactions: Freak
One more off-topic post: absolutely no cheering or clapping at the end of Forbidden Journey. The loading and unloading is incredibly quick, no time for any waiting around to celebrate.

Easier said than done
It may be harder than it looks, but it is fixable (unlike the yeti in AK). Universal could definitely spend the bucks to replace it if they want. I can't see the ride needing a bunch of downtime for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It's not just about getting a replacement projector. It's authorizing the replacement through all the proper channels, ordering said replacement, setting up a bidding process if need be and scheduling an installation.

Reactions: Ryan and William