Transformers: The Ride - 3D | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm pretty sure the footage is stored on the projectors. It eliminates the chance of a computer showing the wrong footage at the wrong part of the ride, like if there was a mix up on which screen and which video went together. There's too great a chance of error if the videos are all fed from the same computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the footage is stored on the projectors. It eliminates the chance of a computer showing the wrong footage at the wrong part of the ride, like if there was a mix up on which screen and which video went together. There's too great a chance of error if the videos are all fed from the same computer.
If they are stored on computers, I'd imagine they'd have a computer for each "zone" so there's a sense of redundancy. I can't imagine them not doing that.

Bingo, that's what I meant Jon. Each projector is connected to a separate computer with separate footage. Computers themselves shouldn't be that expensive. Its all just the programming for the syncing. And it's probably all on large solid state flash drives for the actual 3D footage. There's obviously a main brainpower source but each scene is most likely a separate computer and video source. Makes sense, since when you're riding one scene, a separate computer is working another one.

It really surprised me because it was like a black square on the upper side, like 1/16 of the whole screen. I was with first timers and I was upset becasue they wouldn't see it in it's full glory and all of a sudden the black square started blinking and like having a fast strobe effect and boom it was on... weird that I got to see it

It really surprised me because it was like a black square on the upper side, like 1/16 of the whole screen. I was with first timers and I was upset becasue they wouldn't see it in it's full glory and all of a sudden the black square started blinking and like having a fast strobe effect and boom it was on... weird that I got to see it
 Yes this is the same thing thats happend to me.

I've been on the ride once where the 3D effect didn't work. It was in the second scene where Optimus and Bumblebee are trying to get the Allspark from Ravage. That's the only glitch in the ride I've ever experienced, though.

Here are some photos from Employee preview event for Transformers that I was invited to.

Transformers Itinerary by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

Energon by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

Universal Employees Dance by BehindTheTheme, on Flickr

^^^

As you can see towards the end of the night they had a DJ spinning tunes for guests. I rather liked the music in this area at night.

Could or should Universal think about adding some kind of dance event? This area could play music as load as they wanted all night and wouldn't bother Neighbors.

I think this could attract groups of people.

Nowadays, anyone who goes to the park for a day is automatically an Annual Pass member. I doubt that'd work out. Haha. It makes  me wonder, though, if they'll do something similar to this for the minions and Potter.

Now THAT is quite the prom. I think I may have seen them setting up for one a couple weeks ago, actually. The entire Lower Lot had buffets and other tables placed everywhere, and it looked like they were placing a temporary photo booth as well.

You know what, I haven't. I heard it's just orange cream soda. Which I'm not a big fan of, and it's not as exciting as Butterbeer. I haven't tried the speciality drinks in Carsland either. Apple Juice with a fruit foam for an expensive price isn't my forte.

Universal however will be making a fortune off of me alone from Butterbeer....

I personally think the idea of having themed food and drinks is one of the coolest things ever. It makes me feel like I'm actually part of the franchise, or I'm living in the world they're trying to portray. I've had all 3 drinks, and Butterbeer is without a doubt my favorite. The Cars Land drink made me sick to my stomach.. It's okay at first, but it's way too rich, and there are way too many flavors going on in a single cup. The Energon was okay, but it's basically just orange cream soda. To be honest, Energon almost made me a little sick too.. I'm not too into orange-y flavored stuff, and I had never had orange cream soda before, so it was kinda weird.. I also bought the chocolate Allspark to see if it was anything special. Worst use of my money EVER.

But once Butterbeer comes to Hollywood, I'm gonna be broke. I had an average of about 2 cups/mugs a day when I went on my 3-day trip to Universal Orlando! Haha.

I love Energon. I have like five light up ice cubes from drinking it.
I love my little light-up ice cube! I've only had Energon once, but I hope to start getting a few of those little ice cubes as a souvenir for when Transformers eventually leaves the park (which won't be for a long time).

Reactions: alexvstorace
The Energon taste great. The Energon can be refreshing in small amounts. I wouldnt drink it all day(though i could drink Dole Whip Floats all day long! FAVORITE!).

I personally think the idea of having themed food and drinks is one of the coolest things ever. It makes me feel like I'm actually part of the franchise, or I'm living in the world they're trying to portray. I've had all 3 drinks, and Butterbeer is without a doubt my favorite. The Cars Land drink made me sick to my stomach.. It's okay at first, but it's way too rich, and there are way too many flavors going on in a single cup. The Energon was okay, but it's basically just orange cream soda. To be honest, Energon almost made me a little sick too.. I'm not too into orange-y flavored stuff, and I had never had orange cream soda before, so it was kinda weird.. I also bought the chocolate Allspark to see if it was anything special. Worst use of my money EVER.

But once Butterbeer comes to Hollywood, I'm gonna be broke. I had an average of about 2 cups/mugs a day when I went on my 3-day trip to Universal Orlando! Haha.

I love my little light-up ice cube! I've only had Energon once, but I hope to start getting a few of those little ice cubes as a souvenir for when Transformers eventually leaves the park (which won't be for a long time).
What does butterbeer taste like?