Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Transformers: The Ride - 3D

Hope they do a better job of this than the queue at Transformers in Orlando. Maybe something with Nest props etc?

Also... I guess once this is finished there is nothing to stop them knocking down the old extended queue/Panda Express / Bathrooms for potential expansion outwards for the SNW construction site :)

Last edited:
Hope they do a better job of this than the queue at Transformers in Orlando. Maybe something with Nest props etc?

Also... I guess once this is finished there is nothing to syop them knocking down the old extended queue/Panda Express / Bathrooms for potential expansion outwards for the SNW construction site :)

They've already torn down the old Extended Queue.

If anything, they're waiting for other reasons.. :whistle:

In any case, this definitely is going to be a smaller extended queue (unless there's more to what that photo is showing in width and length) compared to the previous. And honestly, that makes a lot of sense with how the queue's set up once inside the showbuilding.

What I'm hoping, is them going Shrek 4D on that facade.

I know its just extended/overflow queue (which they will definitely need), but I really hope they theme it a lot more than the original extended queue. It should feel like an extension of the existing military base rather than an after thought (especially if you will have to wait in it for over an hour or 3)...

You know what I'm curious about... Is whether or not they'll do anything to address the emergency exit evac stairs and stuff.. Like I've said before, just because its an extended overflow queue, doesn't mean it shouldn't feel like an after thought. Universals wants to build worlds. So I expect to feel like I'm at the N.E.S.T. military base headquarters even when outside waiting 2+ hours in the 90+ degree heat.

You know what I'm curious about... Is whether or not they'll do anything to address the emergency exit evac stairs and stuff.. Like I've said before, just because its an extended overflow queue, doesn't mean it shouldn't feel like an after thought. Universals wants to build worlds. So I expect to feel like I'm at the N.E.S.T. military base headquarters even when outside waiting 2+ hours in the 90+ degree heat.

100% agree... but I'd lower your expectations a bit, that way we can all be pleasantly surprised when it's ok! ;)

From the latest JP land video, looks like the extended queue is getting a roof.

Still really hoping this is well themed and not just a switchback with sun shade!
upload_2019-5-23_18-35-36.png

Last edited:
From the latest JP land video, looks like the extended queue is getting a roof.

Still really hoping this is well themed and not just a switchback with sun shade!
View attachment 9641

I imagine this will be open-sided without much theming other than perhaps some movie posters. Can't think of any extended queue with elaborate theming. Be grateful for shade, TVs and hopefully some misting fans as from what I last remember, DreamWorks Theatre's extended queue didn't have any TVs or fans.

Apparently Transformers (and Forbidden Journey) went down for a little bit yesterday afternoon due to a power outage, and places like NBC LA, ABC 7, KTLA, and others all reported on it. Whatever, not a big deal, we've all been there, but I find it weirdly hilarious at the terminology usage -- "riders were stranded," "firefighters rescued them," etc. -- like their lives were in peril on Transformers of all things, especially when the riders were removed from the ride in minutes. I can only imagine that one person (you know the type) of all the ones that were "rescued" who conveniently went on to enjoy the rest of their day but dramatically spins it into a harrowing tale of survival where Universal put their lives in danger once they go home and see articles like these that reinforce how "serious" it was, only to start seeing dollar signs.

i got stuck on transformers elevator for 20 min. They fixed it and reset the ride. No walk off just lights on back to the station.!”
Apparently Transformers (and Forbidden Journey) went down for a little bit yesterday afternoon due to a power outage, and places like NBC LA, ABC 7, KTLA, and others all reported on it. Whatever, not a big deal, we've all been there, but I find it weirdly hilarious at the terminology usage -- "riders were stranded," "firefighters rescued them," etc. -- like their lives were in peril on Transformers of all things, especially when the riders were removed from the ride in minutes. I can only imagine that one person (you know the type) of all the ones that were "rescued" who conveniently went on to enjoy the rest of their day but dramatically spins it into a harrowing tale of survival where Universal put their lives in danger once they go home and see articles like these that reinforce how "serious" it was, only to start seeing dollar signs.